Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

No Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sound

I have a 08 Cobalt SS and bough the AVH-P4000DVD headunit. I bought the GMOS LAN 04 Harness. When I installed it, there was no sound to the speakers. Than I read you cut into pink wire and attach the remote turn on wire to this. I also attached the blue/white wire to the pink one that came off the harness. the sound now works but after about an hour the sound goes off. to get the sound back i have to disconnect the wires an reconnect them and it will work for an hour at a time. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 PM

i would say post up a pic of the install (wiring harness ) so we can see what you got!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
x2..
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM

don't you have to run a remote line to the SOLID blue wire on the harness so the factory amp will turn on?

The factory amp wire is usually a Solid blue wire...but i guess your saying the pink wire is what runs to the factory amp on that special Harness?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The remote wire is part of the harness, they should be blue witha white line on both the aftermarket HU's harness and the Gmos Lan 04. The actual wire that runs behind the dash up to the stock amp is pink, but there should be no reason to mess with it when using the Lan 04.

It has been my experience that the amp turn on wire was blue with a white line, the solid blue wire is the power ant. wire most of the time. (but not all the time). In the end it just depends on the company who makes the HU, most aftermarket wire harness stick to a standard colour scheme for the basics (Red=12v ign,Black= Ground, Yellow=12v constant, ect) It would be nice if the car companys could come up with or stick to an industry standard but I won't hold my breathe while I wait.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM

ill post pictures inn a couple hours when i get off work.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 PM

with my cobalt and the regular metra harness the wire that runs to the stock amp turn on is a solid blue wire, and you have to not wire the power antenna (blue wire from radio harness) to the blue wire going to the amp but wire the remote line (blue/white) to the solid blue wire going to my stock amp. but I guess that harness is different.. ?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:57 PM

I was talking about aftermarket radio harness's, as for stock wires or adapter harness's there is no universal standard.
I was bitching about that very fact, I wish everyone would use the same colours, at least for the basics (power ground const)
Old 07-14-2009, 06:31 PM

this is the pink wire i a talking about

21.) I installed an aftermarket HU with my pioneer package cobalt and now my speakers wont play.... how do i fix this?

You must hook up the "remote" wire for the stock amp to the remote coming off the head unit. To do this you must cut the pink wire coming off the stock harness and connect it to the blue/wire remote wire on your aftermarket HU harness.

the wire on the left is the pink wire from the stock harness. the blue white wire is the wire that comes off the GMOS LAN 04 harness and the black wire is a wire i connected with the remote control wire off of the head unit. i used a black wire because the remote control wire was to short to reach them all. when i touch these wires together the sound works sperate them the sound doesnt work. if i keep the blue/white wire connected with the pink wire the sound wont work. if i than touch the black wire to the pink and blue/white wire the sound will work. if i take the black wire off the sound will continue to work till i shut car off.

i have the yellow wire from the head unit with the the yellow wire from gmos lan harness
i dont know what that ILL orange wire is.

these red wires are the ACC wire from head unit attached to the red wire coming off from the gmos lan harness

i have the black wire coming off from the head unit attached with the black wire coming off from the gmos harness.

this is how i have the rca cables coming the gmos harness plugged into my head unit. i dont no if the colors are in he wrong spot or not.

Last edited by Greg_SS; 07-14-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2009, 07:44 PM

I connected the remote turn on to my wipers in the fuse box on the passenger side, never have a had a problem with that, I have both my H/U, Sub and 4-channel speaker amp remote turn ons connected to that same spot.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 AM

^^^ He needs it to run the stock amp so it kinda doesn't work for him.

The whole point behind a harness is so you don't have to cut the stock wires.

At this point I think you might want to fix any wires you cut, pull everything out and start over again.
The remote wire in the LAN 04 hooks up to the remote wire on the new HU, take the speaker wires from the Lan 04, cap them, tape them together and put them to the side. After that theres only a handful of wires you have to connect, I think you got confused somewhere along the way and moved things around to much, cuz I don't know how you made that mess but its hard to look at, put it back to the way you found it and start fresh, this time do it away from the car, connect the 2 harnesses together inside the house or something just incase you get tempted to cut some more wires back there

Post a pic of the whole harness, I need to see the bigger picture here to understand what exactly you may or may not have done
Old 07-15-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spun
^^^ He needs it to run the stock amp so it kinda doesn't work for him.

The whole point behind a harness is so you don't have to cut the stock wires.

At this point I think you might want to fix any wires you cut, pull everything out and start over again.
The remote wire in the LAN 04 hooks up to the remote wire on the new HU, take the speaker wires from the Lan 04, cap them, tape them together and put them to the side. After that theres only a handful of wires you have to connect, I think you got confused somewhere along the way and moved things around to much, cuz I don't know how you made that mess but its hard to look at, put it back to the way you found it and start fresh, this time do it away from the car, connect the 2 harnesses together inside the house or something just incase you get tempted to cut some more wires back there

Post a pic of the whole harness, I need to see the bigger picture here to understand what exactly you may or may not have done
thanks. My I'll do this after work and take pictures.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:49 PM

I am also having a problem. I have an 09 ss/tc and I wired up the axxess gmos LAN 04 correctly I'm pretty sure because I hear sound just no vocals. My subs work but the speakers are silent which is weird because the speaker wires are connected to the proper colors etc. I went to car toys and they said I hooked it up right but that was the wrong harness...LOLOL. Then tried to sell me a different one so they offered to bypass my amp which I wasn't interested in either. What's going on? Do I have to run a wire directly to the factory amp? I have a kenwood deck and the remote wire is connected to the remote wire on the gmos LAN 04 so I don't understand. Please help!