Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

how/where are you guys running your HU wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how/where are you guys running your HU wiring?

I'm getting ready to install an aftermarket HU/amp/sub and I was just wonder how you guys run your remote line and rca cables? In my old GTP I ran the power wire down the passenger side and the rca/remote wires down the driver side to cut down on interference. Since the battery is in the trunk I don't have to worry about running the power wire, so how are you guys running your wires from you HU to your amp? drivers side? pass side? down the center? I don't want any exposed wires, I don't have a problem with removing some panels.pulling the carpet up to make the install clean, just wondering if there's an easy/clean way to run them?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have mine running down the driver side. put them thru the rear seat to the side. Took the molding off by the door ran the wires underneath the dash, then over to the HU.

Hide the wires and looks like nothing is even there =D
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM

The power cable for your amp only needs to run to the battery in the trunk. I ran new speaker wires, RCAs, and remote down the driver side also. The power and ground for your amp is cake, since like i said, the battery is in the trunk under the cover. For your stereo remote wire there is a fuse in the passenger kick panel that will let it run even after the key is off and the doors aren't opened. I cant remember which one i used but i know it is there.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by smp4488
The power cable for your amp only needs to run to the battery in the trunk. I ran new speaker wires, RCAs, and remote down the driver side also. The power and ground for your amp is cake, since like i said, the battery is in the trunk under the cover. For your stereo remote wire there is a fuse in the passenger kick panel that will let it run even after the key is off and the doors aren't opened. I cant remember which one i used but i know it is there.
It's the fuse for the power sunroof.
Even if you don't have a sunroof like me you can still put a fuse tap in on the sunroof fuse.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Probably should have updated this haha, I got everything installed a few weeks ago thanks guys!

The only snag I ran into was that the RCA cables for the sub made the Alpine HU too deep for the dash kit I got so I had to get some low profile right angle connectors to make everything fit in the dash.