Replacement battery for 2009 CobaltSS - Cobalt SS Network



Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 12-31-08
Location: Rochester
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacement battery for 2009 CobaltSS

I have seen many references for an Optima Yellow top battery or Carquest NGT Extreme battery for the Cobalt. However, when I go to their websites I cannot find the right battery. Which model number are people using for the Cobalt. My battery is not standing up to the Upstate NY winter and the PC that I have in it.
Please give me the model number that fits. I would prefer that it does not push up on the tire cover.
Thanks.
Trailblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
EmperorJJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-06
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 19,265
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Images: 315
both of those batteries will push on the tire cover... try the kinetik 1400
EmperorJJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-23-06
Location: Passaic, NJ
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Images: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 View Post
both of those batteries will push on the tire cover... try the kinetik 1400
Is this battery better than the yellow top?
I found it direct from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC1400.../dp/B000LUBQ4S

Last edited by PolishPauL; 04-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.
PolishPauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
EmperorJJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-06
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 19,265
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Images: 315
should be pretty similar other then size. if anything id trust a kinitik over a yellow top but thats just me
EmperorJJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Haz l33t wheelz.
 
ls1fbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-14-07
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Posts: 18,888
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Images: 120
I ended up going with an OEM battery. Was cheaper than anything else available, and i don't have any kind of audio equipment.
ls1fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-23-06
Location: Passaic, NJ
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Images: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 View Post
should be pretty similar other then size. if anything id trust a kinitik over a yellow top but thats just me
What do u think bout the Odyssey PC925 vs the Kinetic? The Kinetic is $30 more. Is it worth it?
http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-PC925-...1802345&sr=8-1
PolishPauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
joeworkstoohard's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-06
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 5,565
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Images: 109
the factory battery is a johnson controls, if i remember right, wal mart carries the same battery in their house brand for like, $60.
joeworkstoohard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
EmperorJJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-06
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 19,265
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Images: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPauL View Post
What do u think bout the Odyssey PC925 vs the Kinetic? The Kinetic is $30 more. Is it worth it?
http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-PC925-...1802345&sr=8-1
mmm it looks bigger so might be better. IDK the cca/ah of the kinetik off the top of my head but just compare those two and then whatever is better. AH is the most important number you want to look for when comparing batteries. Overall they are both good companies that make good products. if the specs are similar then sure get the odyssey. Just double check the width isnt too big to fit in the car
EmperorJJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-23-06
Location: Passaic, NJ
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Images: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 View Post
mmm it looks bigger so might be better. IDK the cca/ah of the kinetik off the top of my head but just compare those two and then whatever is better. AH is the most important number you want to look for when comparing batteries. Overall they are both good companies that make good products. if the specs are similar then sure get the odyssey. Just double check the width isnt too big to fit in the car
Actually its a lot smaller and Kinetik has the HC800 for $115. The AH is 36 and the Odyssey is only 28. Cant find the CCA tho. Do you know what the stock AH is? Is the HC800 enough by itself? Im on the stock system with the AVIC-F700BT so im just lookin for somethin that i can sit in the car wit for a lil bit.

And im only runnin the front two speakers because the wiring got messed up before. You helped me wit that but im just too lazy to do it lol. I actually did find a wire that was kinda melted coming from the plug to the right of my feet. I dont think thats for the speakers so i have no clue wat happened.
PolishPauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
EmperorJJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-06
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 19,265
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Images: 315
ah= amp hour meaning how much amprage the battery will take to be drained in an hour. Most HU-s have a 10a fuse on them so assuming all you have running electriclly in the car is the HU then off the kinetik on a full charge you should be able to listen to it for 2 hours and have just barly enough to start the car (that doesnt mean the battery is always fully charged, and thats a big of a guestimate)
EmperorJJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-23-06
Location: Passaic, NJ
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Images: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 View Post
ah= amp hour meaning how much amprage the battery will take to be drained in an hour. Most HU-s have a 10a fuse on them so assuming all you have running electriclly in the car is the HU then off the kinetik on a full charge you should be able to listen to it for 2 hours and have just barly enough to start the car (that doesnt mean the battery is always fully charged, and thats a big of a guestimate)
Alright thanks man. I think il replace the stock battery with the Kinetic HC800. Should be good enough for me.
PolishPauL is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Akron/Canton Cobalt Meet 06MetallicBalt Mid East 7 06-14-2016 03:17 PM
Bought a LNF! Supercharged06SS 08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion 20 02-08-2016 07:14 PM
Awesome Suede Seat Cleaner dennis69 Appearance 9 10-20-2015 05:49 PM
zzp belt tensioner justinchinn General Cobalt 3 10-02-2015 01:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.