Forced Induction Turbos/Superchargers

05ss saab swaap

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05ss saab swaap

ive got a 2005 cobalt ss that has been swapped with to b207r tc. since ive had the car it hasnt seemed right. in the mid rpm ranges around 3200 to 4000 its at 10 psi and repeatedly drops to 2-5 comes back then drops does this untill wot then smooths out. it almost sounds like flutter. it makes the same sound when you let off the pedal. it has the tdo4-14t tc and a gretty type s bov. i noticed that both lines to the bov are hooked to the intake manifold witch didnt seem right. i then noticed the built in bpv was disconected and with no delete plate installed. upon research i found that with out the plate the bpv still opens at 8-12 psi. i read that you could tee off the boost line to the controller to hold the bpv closed. i done this and tnd i couldnt touch the pedal and would have max boost(dont think thats good at low rpm). so i disconnected the tee and ran a line from the intake manifold to the bpv and looked up the saab diagram for the tdo4-14t tc and hooked the waste gate to the controller as it should. i left the bottem line on the bov disconected and ran the top to the intake manifold. this gave me too much boost as it would max then 0. im at my wits end with this. ive tried several different ways to hook this bov up correctly. i read that the gretty bov has to have vacuum to top port and boost presure to the bottom. is this correct? and if so can i just add a line to the charge pipe right beside the turbo? this would give the boost line i think i need. was told when i bought the car it was tuned for 20 lbs. any ideas or input on the situation would be helpfull. thanks in advance.