General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Battery Problem HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Battery Problem HELP!!!

Hey guys, today I drove from school to work, no problems. As soon as I got in my car after work, my car hardly turned over. It turned over very slowly, but managed to start after about 20 cranks. Then I got home, and when I went to leave, my car dash lights started flickering and my dome light was flickering and my security light was blinking, no start, no crank. So, I jumped it from the parents car, and it started right up. Then after my event, I went to my car and it started just fine. Had a CEL so I went to autozone to have it scanned, and when I tried to start it, it just flickered and wouldn't start, until I got a jump. Is this a bad battery or what??? Please Help!!
Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How old is the battery? I believe auto zone can have the battery tested. It's obviously not holding a charge. Either battery is shot or possibly the alternator? Have the battery tested first.
Good luck
Old 03-23-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Check the connections to your battery. The **** didn't autozone test the battery while you were there?
Old 03-23-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Change your battery dork.

You drove to Autozone with a suspected bad battery and did test or replace. This is basically on you.

Sorry I'm in a bad mood and only feel like telling the truth.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd bet it's the battery, but why didn't you get it tested? lol
Old 03-24-2017, 10:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by umrdyldo
Change your battery dork.

You drove to Autozone with a suspected bad battery and did test or replace. This is basically on you.

Sorry I'm in a bad mood and only feel like telling the truth.

They tested it and it was fine. Didn't believe them, so went to different branch today, and said it had a bad cell, and replaced the battery under warranty. Fixed nothing. Same problem. Had them do an alternator test too and it passed