General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Class Action Suit! Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30000km, no problems, I learned to drive stick on an old truck, the cobalt is my first car, I was pretty hard on the clutch for at least the first 10000, and I still am at times, and I have had no problems at all, I hear people complaining about their clutches and I think WOW they must be really abusing their car, because I'm hard on mine and it's held up strong
Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 07SSCharged248
Well with stage 2 and dumps i would expect my clutch to go out too. But since i realize cobalts are NOT performance cars, i wouldn't dump the clutch...
I would expect the "Super Sport" model to have a better clutch. I would expect an 07 SS to have a better clutch than a 20 year old Nissan. Its not the case though. My 240SX I wedged a VG30ET into got plenty of clutch dumps. I'm talking 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear tached to 6000rpm car not moving clutch dumps. Stock clutch too by the way. The tires would light up even with 3rd gear dumps, not the clutch. Matter of fact when I pulled the engine out, the clutch still looks ok. I could power brake the 240SX on pavement with the clutch for christ sake. The Cobalt still hasn't seen anything even remotely close to the abuse that Nissan got.

If you want to defend crap parts thats your thing. I'm saying they could be much better. I've owned cars that can handle god awful amounts of torture and not break. The Cobalt is not one of them.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
I would expect the "Super Sport" model to have a better clutch. I would expect an 07 SS to have a better clutch than a 20 year old Nissan. Its not the case though. My 240SX I wedged a VG30ET into got plenty of clutch dumps. I'm talking 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear tached to 6000rpm car not moving clutch dumps. Stock clutch too by the way. The tires would light up even with 3rd gear dumps, not the clutch. Matter of fact when I pulled the engine out, the clutch still looks ok. I could power brake the 240SX on pavement with the clutch for christ sake. The Cobalt still hasn't seen anything even remotely close to the abuse that Nissan got.

If you want to defend crap parts thats your thing. I'm saying they could be much better. I've owned cars that can handle god awful amounts of torture and not break. The Cobalt is not one of them.
well....here are some options! sell your car and buy something diff., buy new "HD" parts or try to convince the dealer and show(factual) examples of similar probs. if they are a GOOD dealer they will take care of you...at least a discount on the work. OR you can waist your time, energy and keep complaining and not enjoy what you do have!!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
roll on the ******* floor laughing.

I thought id seen it all.
class action lawsuit, to funny.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by sport-o!
well....here are some options! sell your car and buy something diff., buy new "HD" parts or try to convince the dealer and show(factual) examples of similar probs. if they are a GOOD dealer they will take care of you...at least a discount on the work. OR you can waist your time, energy and keep complaining and not enjoy what you do have!!
Well.... I did buy a "HD" clutch. Guess what? The clutch doesn't slip anymore. I also didn't have to convince the dealer of anything. I used to work for them so they always hook me up. They also know how I treated all my other cars. They agreed with me, if a 20 year old POS can take that kind of horrid abuse there is no reason a brand new car can't take a few hard launches or a few hard 1-2 shifts. They installed the new clutch free. They even bought the the stock one back from me.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:47 PM

50000+ and no clutch problems
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 PM

Well.... I did buy a "HD" clutch. Guess what? The clutch doesn't slip anymore. I also didn't have to convince the dealer of anything. I used to work for them so they always hook me up. They also know how I treated all my other cars. They agreed with me, if a 20 year old POS can take that kind of horrid abuse there is no reason a brand new car can't take a few hard launches or a few hard 1-2 shifts. They installed the new clutch free. They even bought the the stock one back from me.
dude we should just give up. you obviously get what I'm saying. it's apparent that they lack the general intelligence to understand the whole point. again, my clutch issue was a result of someone else. They are failing to miss that this thread was created not to file an actual suit but for people who have had an issue with shitty parts to realize they aren't alone and to come together.

didn't you know? we can't drive our cars and we must be losers because we're getting flamed by some guys on a super cool forum. haha

told myself i wasn't gonna do this but since everyone can't stop talking **** on people who are trying to help...

**** you. seriously, just go **** yourselves. this was to help others. I guess you selfish ******** would laugh at someone who fell in the street and was injured instead of helping, because it's the same principle. if your going to persist in throwing virtual **** just forget it; I'll give up. I'll walk away and you can go back to getting off and cumming on yourself because you were so cool to talk **** to some guy who was trying to be nice online. all because you were too ******* dumb to actually understand those longs strings of words, grammar, intelligence and punctuation he typed called sentences.

******* jitbags. run a train on me? i hope that you have a girl who gets her ass slammed by a bunch of guys when you're at work and you come home and take a big ******* lick of those guys' jiz you ******* ****. take your dick out of your sister and go get an education you ******* retard.

later.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 PM

hahahaaaaaa

Awesome.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by jmw8822
**** you. seriously, just go **** yourselves. this was to help others. I guess you selfish ******** would laugh at someone who fell in the street and was injured instead of helping, because it's the same principle. if your going to persist in throwing virtual **** just forget it; I'll give up. I'll walk away and you can go back to getting off and cumming on yourself because you were so cool to talk **** to some guy who was trying to be nice online. all because you were too ******* dumb to actually understand those longs strings of words, grammar, intelligence and punctuation he typed called sentences.

******* jitbags. run a train on me? i hope that you have a girl who gets her ass slammed by a bunch of guys when you're at work and you come home and take a big ******* lick of those guys' jiz you ******* ****. take your dick out of your sister and go get an education you ******* retard.

later.
Wow nice way to get your point across, must be your superior education at work I might see your point if everyone here had clutch problems , but it seems like a bad clutch isn't as common as you would like to believe.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM

was that a joke or did that guy actually just start crying? wow...
Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 PM

wow that was excessive
Old 03-10-2008, 12:16 AM

Old 03-10-2008, 12:24 AM

check this out!
http://www.***************/forums/tr...000-miles.html

http://www.your ***********/forums/transmission/7841-bad-clutch-14-000-miles.html

http://www.your cobalt .com/forums/transmission/7841-bad-clutch-14-000-miles.html

just delete the spaces

Last edited by cobalt-z; 03-10-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jmw8822
dude we should just give up. you obviously get what I'm saying. it's apparent that they lack the general intelligence to understand the whole point. again, my clutch issue was a result of someone else. They are failing to miss that this thread was created not to file an actual suit but for people who have had an issue with shitty parts to realize they aren't alone and to come together.

didn't you know? we can't drive our cars and we must be losers because we're getting flamed by some guys on a super cool forum. haha

told myself i wasn't gonna do this but since everyone can't stop talking **** on people who are trying to help...

later.
Haha... longs strings... ever hear of a double plural, and seriously ******* chill.. Anyone who gets that worked up over a post on a car forum is a "******* retard," if i may quote you. And an education??, your the ignorant one here, trying to start a class action law suit because you know so many people with clutch problems that it takes all your fingers and toes just to count to such a substantial number. And since you started a thread called Class action lawsuit!, please read! and then say the point of this thread i not to start one, and then make a claim that were the ones lacking intelligence is laughable. O and for that last little part about the train, wow, i haven't heard such a well thought out, and assembled insult like that since middle school, I mean jiz?? really?? your going to use that middle schooler lingo.... do everyone a favor a just leave the forums..
Old 03-10-2008, 04:02 AM

i drive the hell out of my car...hell my transmission has been replaced because of it...the clutch? still stock with almost 40k miles...its all in the way you shift...i have had mine slip a long time ago when i didnt know how the **** to drive (also why i had to put in a tranny) in the 1-2 shift...if you are spinning at the end of first when you shift to 2nd its going to slip...also make a practice of shifting at 3k rpm during normal driving
Old 03-10-2008, 04:28 AM

lol went thru 3 clutches on my camaro and 2 on my first car (rx-7) but the ss/sc has treated me well... i really dont know what to say but i have a feeling it has to do with experiance
Old 03-10-2008, 04:29 AM

Wow, this thread went down hill quickly, didn't it? For the record, 50,000+ miles, no clutch problems, and I love to drive as it was put earlier "*cough* sporty". Of course, now I'm deployed and the wife is using it as her dd, so I'm figuring about 2 more weeks and clutch.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by domin8_gt
Luck??? No, skill. I have 2 Cobalt SS's.

2006 SS/SC has 42,500+ miles on the stock clutch, full season of racing last year, many long road trips, lots of accelerations to rev limiter due to short freeway on ramps, and lots of mountain driving. No problems.

2007 SS/NA sedan w/ 5-speed has over 15,000 miles on the stock clutch. Started seeing racing within 6 weeks of purchase, a few long road trips, including a trip for Salt Lake City, Utah to College Station, Texas, lots of accelerations to rev limiter due to short freeway on ramps, and lots of mountain driving. No problems.

As you said, it may have been due to the previous owner and the fact that the first time it was repaired it wasn't done right. Luck had nothing to do with it. Let your tech fix it. It should have been covered under warranty anyways if it only has 319 miles. Go fix it and don't start throwing legal action around. So far, it sounds like your issue with the previous tech that did the repairs, not GM. For the record, I grew up in a home of people who work in the legal field. I think I know enough to know that you're only mad and probably can't afford to start a law suit anyways. You have to start the suit at your own expense, then you have to find co-plaintiffs, then you have to petition the court to make it a class action law suit and try to gets the courts approval. Good Luck.
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by tim.t
Wow, this thread went down hill quickly, didn't it? For the record, 50,000+ miles, no clutch problems, and I love to drive as it was put earlier "*cough* sporty". Of course, now I'm deployed and the wife is using it as her dd, so I'm figuring about 2 more weeks and clutch.
your wife just sent me a message on myspace like 2 days ago wanting to know if I had a Cobalt SS. I knew the second I looked her page it was your wife. She staying in Keystone? Cause she says the roads she has to drive down are terrible (mine are destroyed also) If this is the case, that poor car will develop all kinds of squeaks and rattles. Trust me, mine makes a new sound every week... She tells me you'd cry for days or divorce her if she breaks your car
Old 03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member

i believe we are done here.