Originally Posted by kush
Have a 2.4L and it's time to change/flush the coolant/antifreeze.
1.How do I take off the splash shield underneath the radiator? How many clips or screws are there or do I just have to yank on it?
2. Does the rad drain from the left or right or both sides
3. Do I need to flush and refill with distilled/purified water or can I use tap water or brita filtered water?
4. Where is the water pump located in case I want to drain from there as well to drain it more completely?
Thanks in advance
1. There's a bunch of clips and 7mm bolts holding the splash guard on. If it doesn't come right off, you missed something. Keep looking.
2. I drained my radiator from the lower passenger side...there's a stopcock there that drains the whole thing.
3. I used tap water and I haven't had any problems.
4. The water pump is between the engine block and the firewall slightly to the passenger side. It's pretty much the only pump looking device on that side of the car, and it has a single drain plug on the bottom. If you need a picture, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up for you.