General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Is costco good gas to use or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is costco good gas to use or bad?

I gust got my car back form the shop and it is still getting the P0171 CEL. The mechanic said it is do to bad gas and that I need to run 2 to 3 tanks of good gas through the car before they do anything else.

I am going to run Shell to see if it helps remove the CEL.

I talked to an attendant (girl) at the Costco station and she did not know what was in the gas and gave me a card (hand written) with Tesoro refining on it. That is where they get there gas from. This helped me as much as shooting my foot off. I looked on the web and found the company but could not find anything that is related to what is in there gas that they sell to Costco. F##K!!!

So I hopping that everyone could input there opinion on what they think about Costco gas. Also does anyone know what is in Costco gas?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:29 PM

i've used costco gas on and off for 5 years in 6 different vehicles and never had a problem. for some reason, my sc doesn't seem to run all that well on shell, despite its reputation for quality. sounds fishy to me. i don't have my service manual in front of me, but i'm not even sure that 0171 could be triggered specifically by bad gas. in the process to remedy it, i think most of the factors involved the air intake and the various sensors.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:17 AM

i know no one really likes it when people try to correct or point out discrepancies in other people's posts, but goodness gracious that is the worst-typed post in the history of message boards.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by TarZan
i know no one really likes it when people try to correct or point out discrepancies in other people's posts, but goodness gracious that is the worst-typed post in the history of message boards.

Made some chages to see if it reads better. Thanks for you comments. I am just looking for some answers on what costco gas has in it and if it would void my warrent or hurt my car.