General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Engine CODES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 140 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by izcain
Newer vettes are nothing that the C6 Z06 was. They may look better but have been having their own inherent problems look at the motor trend test car. It didn't even last the amount of time they had it. They had to bring it back to GM to have a new motor put in it since it fragged.

Oh and My CTS-V was a 6 speed manual lol

It did one thing, and one thing only well. Haul the mail lol

Mine was an older model but I had a Magnacharger strapped on it with a bunch of engine mods as well as 8.8 diff swap and a ton of other mods. It put our 478 to the tire. Was a fun ride but was not as refined as the newer models. I would try a newer CTS-V again just to see if the ride was alot better. The wife might have liked the car more if it was a bit more docile lol Guess that's my fault for tossing her the keys to a monster and expecting her to drive it like she did her 00 Si lol
i must say you hit the nail on the head there with the C6 Z06 lol. just a truly amazing car.

Well id take an 06-07 gen 1 v but i really like the gen 2s so if i got one it would most likely be a gen 2 v just because it is so much more refined and better looking imo.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mine was a V1 it had more of a muscle car feeling and was not near as refined as the v2. I have driven the v2 and it was awesome.

I agree with you 100%on the V2
Old 12-16-2016, 02:50 PM

Mine was a V1 it had more of a muscle car feeling and was not near as refined as the v2. I have driven the v2 and it was awesome.

I agree with you 100%on the V2
not to mention the rear axles or bushings need upgraded as soon as you mod those things because they like to wheel hop from what ive read?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkssoccer11
not to mention the rear axles or bushings need upgraded as soon as you mod those things because they like to wheel hop from what ive read?

Yep that's why I had creative steel diff bushings and a creative steel Ford 8.8 Differential swap with a Ford Cobra aluminum diff along with driveshaft shop axles and driveline lol

Had a lightened flywheel and ls7 clutch also. Launching hard was no problem for me.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:49 AM

Yep that's why I had creative steel diff bushings and a creative steel Ford 8.8 Differential swap with a Ford Cobra aluminum diff along with driveshaft shop axles and driveline lol

Had a lightened flywheel and ls7 clutch also. Launching hard was no problem for me.
holy **** haha. im sure none of that stuff was cheap by any means becasue the gen 1 v community isnt that huge lol. thats one reason why i wont be getting a gen 1 and if i do it would be a deal i couldnt pass up lol
Old 02-17-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Isaac Lewis
there was no knock what so ever. and no need to insult thank you.
This is the funniest thing i have ever read on a forum.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ash|ey
This is the funniest thing i have ever read on a forum.
hahaha. yeah i remember that. i really thought he was calling me a retard at first. my cobalt is the first sports car i have ever owned and i have had to learn a lot.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Isaac Lewis
hahaha. yeah i remember that. i really thought he was calling me a retard at first. my cobalt is the first sports car i have ever owned and i have had to learn a lot.
Not your fault, if it was said at a shop in person you would have heard the pronunciation of knock re-tard instead of knock, retard lol.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ash|ey
Not your fault, if it was said at a shop in person you would have heard the pronunciation of knock re-tard instead of knock, retard lol.
yeah probalby. and we all have to remember how harsh the internet is too.