Forum Jump Gallery Social Groups vBLive Garage Register Now Videos Link To Us Store Site Map TSBs
Cobalt SS Network Forums
The Cobalt SS Network is the leading resource for all Chevy Cobalts and related Delta
platform cars. Registered users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Vendor Forums

Go Back   Cobalt SS Network > General > General Cobalt
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Home Regional All Albums   FAQ Members List
General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

loud clicking from dash "fix"

This is a discussion on loud clicking from dash "fix" within the General Cobalt forums, part of the General category; Hey there, I know a lot of people are gettin the loud clicking from the passenger side inside the dash ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Points: 2,627, Level: 31 Points: 2,627, Level: 31 Points: 2,627, Level: 31
Level up: 18%, 123 Points needed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0.1%
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Member #: 52201
Check out my gallery 

loud clicking from dash "fix"

Hey there, I know a lot of people are gettin the loud clicking from the passenger side inside the dash when they turn they're key on. As you may know its the actuator for the door that controls the recirculate function inside the airbox . Everyone seems to believe you have to tear your dash apart to disable it. If you have small enough hands and a little patience, there is an easier way to unplug it and not have to hear the annoying noise every time you go to jump in your car. I unplugged mine (its not working anyway because the gears in the actuator are stripped) and it doesn't affect the heat or air conditioning at all, just the recirculate function. If you scoot the passenger seat all the way back, and lay on your back on the floor, reach up above the side kick panel in the small space between the dash and the body of the car in front of the passenger door. Its about six inches up, you'll find two small wires taped together (not the wires for the blower motor!). Follow them up to a plug. You cant see in there so its all by feel. Theres a blue plastic key you have to snap out with your fingernail, then just give the plug a firm tug and it should pop right out. Mine has been working great and I done have to hear the horrible noise anymore. Hope this helps guys, and good luck!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Points: 7,629, Level: 58 Points: 7,629, Level: 58 Points: 7,629, Level: 58
Level up: 40%, 121 Points needed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Activity: 5.8%
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Member #: 25898
Check out my gallery 

Just to make sure I understand you you are talking about the clicking when the fan is on right?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
CobaltSS
Chevy Cobalt

Paid Advertisement