General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Pioneer sound system

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer sound system

Hey, I just bought a 2010 Cobalt LT today, with the pioneer audio system. I couldnt help but notice the bass doesnt hit nearly as hard as I expected. I mean, its there, but its more like just the door speakers. Doesnt really seem like the sub is working, theres almost no vibration. Does the bass just not hit hard at all in these? Or is there a problem with my sub?
Old 01-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
play a thumpy tune and pop the trunk. if the sub is moving, it's working. its not supposed to shake the glasses in your neighbor's cabinets.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
its not designed to overpower the rest of the stereo like what happens with most aftermarket systems. it simply is there to fill in the low end.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Mine can definitely vibrate the car. You sure your equalizer is set correctly?
Old 01-21-2017, 09:45 PM

After messing with the settings a bit, I found out I had the bass turned down on my phone's EQ. Makes me feel like a bit of a moron now. Anyways, thank you for the responses everyone.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TooSlowForYou
After messing with the settings a bit, I found out I had the bass turned down on my phone's EQ. Makes me feel like a bit of a moron now. Anyways, thank you for the responses everyone.
Pretty sure you want your phone equalizer off and do adjustments with the head unit.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by cluelessk
Pretty sure you want your phone equalizer off and do adjustments with the head unit.
Yeah it's off now. Only had it enabled because my old car's stereo barely work, so I used headphones. Sounds really great now, at least compared to what I'm used too. I actually enjoy the stock sub. It's powerful enough to feel the bass line, but not to the point where it drowns out the highs and mids. The only thing I've noticed is that it really doesn't like to hit the really low notes, but I'm sure that can be solved in the aftermarket.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by TooSlowForYou
Yeah it's off now. Only had it enabled because my old car's stereo barely work, so I used headphones. Sounds really great now, at least compared to what I'm used too. I actually enjoy the stock sub. It's powerful enough to feel the bass line, but not to the point where it drowns out the highs and mids. The only thing I've noticed is that it really doesn't like to hit the really low notes, but I'm sure that can be solved in the aftermarket.
Ya it's a fairly good stock system. Especially for a Cobalt. But like most OEM systems it's not very loud or powerful.