General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Sport Pkg Recaro SS Seats

Old 04-13-2005, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sport Pkg Recaro SS Seats

Hey can anyone get me a pic of the Recaro seats included in the G85 Sport Package (limited slip diferential and Recaro upgraded seats (not the recaro stock ones with the colored inserts)). I've already ordered my car with them and I have no clue what the seats look like and couldn't find anything after searching. I'm sure, being Recaros, they will be pretty sweet... Could they possibly be similar to the ones that are in the Ion Redlines? If anyone knows anything about them, let me know!

I saw that Vendian might have what I am looking for with his picture in his posts...

Thanks....
Old 04-13-2005, 12:16 PM

Nothing to see here..move along

Last edited by ToxicPoison; 04-13-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: removing confidential link
Old 04-13-2005, 12:33 PM

ToxicPoison:
you really should not post image urls directly linked to that site. everything on that site is supposed to be kept as confidential dealer information. by posting an image url directly linked to that site you leave yourself open to criminal prosecution. i recommend you take that down.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:48 PM

i saw pictures and stuff, they look like they'll hold you pretty good, but i dont like the look of em, i like the stock ss ones with the color in em alot better.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:24 PM

Nothing against anyone who got recaro seats but i just like the stock seats with the inserts cuz the way the color scheme is and how it matches with the car...unless you got another color such as orange and couldnt get the inserts then i understand
Old 04-13-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dman
ToxicPoison:
you really should not post image urls directly linked to that site. everything on that site is supposed to be kept as confidential dealer information. by posting an image url directly linked to that site you leave yourself open to criminal prosecution. i recommend you take that down.
Really?
I had that site bookmarked from someone else who posted it before.
Can't seem to find the original post at the moment though.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:06 PM

The pictures of the recaro seats are in the interior pics section.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ToxicPoison
Really?
I had that site bookmarked from someone else who posted it before.
Can't seem to find the original post at the moment though.
yeah and i warned that guy to, if the right person were to see that or this one...
Old 04-13-2005, 02:54 PM

fair enough.

Done and done.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
...unless you got another color such as orange and couldnt get the inserts
i'm getting orange, with blue inserts....... if u wanted u could have yellow with blue inserts. the inserts dont have to match the outside of the car
Old 04-13-2005, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by saunders1986
i'm getting orange, with blue inserts....... if u wanted u could have yellow with blue inserts. the inserts dont have to match the outside of the car
sooooooooooo wrong, sorry but i dont know where you got that info, but it is all NOT true
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 PM

gm canadas website, under build a car, and my dealer said i probly could
Old 04-13-2005, 10:01 PM

I know the inserts dont have to match but im saying some people might pick stock seats with the inserts instead of the recaros cuz...correct me if im wrong (wouldnt doubt it if i am)....i dont believe u can get reacaro's with inserts just in straight black
Old 04-13-2005, 10:18 PM

I found what the seats actually are...

Actually, Vendian (thanks!) answered my question by sending me some pics of the seats. They're pretty sweet, and I can describe them as black leather with a mesh that looks silver colored, not black on black... I would definately recommend them over the color matching seats. The guy at my dealership said that all of the seats in the SS are made by the Recaro company, but the Sport Pkg. just has a more racing style seat that actually say "Recaro SS" on them. These definately up the value of the car, and for only $1,500 for the two seats, you are definately saving money rather than going and buying them in the aftermarket.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by c0baltss2005sunburst
Actually, Vendian (thanks!) answered my question by sending me some pics of the seats. They're pretty sweet, and I can describe them as black leather with a mesh that looks silver colored, not black on black... I would definately recommend them over the color matching seats.
Yeah, I think a lot of people may think they are totally black. I liked the position of the mesh and they were very supportive. I would recommend them over stock (I've sat in both). They just felt a lot more comfortable, and they are rather classy for racing seats. They aren't too 'race' oriented, but more formal I guess you could say. Very nice.

<----You can actually see them right there, but I would recommend you get the full view treatment so you can see the mesh. It looks just like gray fabric on that picture.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:31 AM

What about the back?

OK... Everybody has their likes/dislikes about the Perfromance Package seating. But no one has spoken about the back seats!! I definately don't want Recaro sport seats upfront, and two tone seating in the back. How tacky is that? Anyway, can anyone give some insight as to whether or not ALL seats are replaced in the G85 option?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by c0baltss2005sunburst
Hey can anyone get me a pic of the Recaro seats included in the G85 Sport Package (limited slip diferential and Recaro upgraded seats (not the recaro stock ones with the colored inserts)). I've already ordered my car with them and I have no clue what the seats look like and couldn't find anything after searching. I'm sure, being Recaros, they will be pretty sweet... Could they possibly be similar to the ones that are in the Ion Redlines? If anyone knows anything about them, let me know!

I saw that Vendian might have what I am looking for with his picture in his posts...

Thanks....
dont worry man when it comes youll love it. where in wisconsin u from? until then i can take ya for a ride in my cobalt haha...
Old 04-14-2005, 11:00 AM

I'm from Green Bay, and to answer another question, the seats in the back will not be replaced in the Sport Package, they will stay the same, it's only the front buckets, the back will still be black (I think maybe colored if you get inserts - not positive though)

And oh yeah, my dealership actually told me that they were all black (Recaro upgrades)... liars.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:36 AM

You cannot get orange with blue inserts, you would have to get Arrival Blue to get the blue inserts, for orange, it would come with black inserts. That's one reason why I got the Recaros, then it wouldn't be so plain, and Recaros are just straight up pretty tight and comfortable. Let alone, it's a pretty good deal for those, they don't come along very cheap. So yeah, no mixing of colors, would be nice though....
Old 04-17-2005, 03:16 AM

I can't believe no one has even MENTIONED the fact that you are forced to get the Recaro's if you want the more important LSD option!

I would think that having 2 wheels spin instead of 1 would be at the top of people's list for a performance car like this.

I've driven an SS, but it didn't have the G85 package on it. The normal seats are good, and as much as I want the LSD, I am having a hard time even thinking about ordering unless I am able to sit in the optional Recaro's to see how they are.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to go to a Saturn dealer and "test out" the Redline. Kinda sneaky! Hehe
Old 04-17-2005, 11:46 AM

gm canadas website, under build a car, and my dealer said i probly could
That's strange. When I go to GM Canada's website, you're restricted when choosing insert and exterior colour.

Black inserts are available on all colours and black cars can have any coloured insert (red, yellow, blue). Orange cars can have black inserts only and red, blue, and yellow cars can only have either the matching coloured insert or black.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:06 PM

Does anyone know if it would be possible to order the LSD package from GM because i ordered my car in october and the LSD package wasnt an option, i thought about buying it anyways even though i couldnt get it at the time.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:42 PM

hmm it let me pick the other day, lol, i dont really mind anyway, if i want the ss seats with the blue in em, i'll find a blue wrecked ss (they are gonna start poping up, look at the srt-4) and swap em out
Old 04-17-2005, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by ssstraub
I can't believe no one has even MENTIONED the fact that you are forced to get the Recaro's if you want the more important LSD option!

I would think that having 2 wheels spin instead of 1 would be at the top of people's list for a performance car like this.

I've driven an SS, but it didn't have the G85 package on it. The normal seats are good, and as much as I want the LSD, I am having a hard time even thinking about ordering unless I am able to sit in the optional Recaro's to see how they are.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to go to a Saturn dealer and "test out" the Redline. Kinda sneaky! Hehe

Yeah, I'll have to admit, that's what I did, tested the Ion Redline. I own a Saturn right now, and it's a pile. I was definately suprised to look at the speedo and see I was going 90 mph!!! I was hooked with the power, and figured Chevy's SS could only get better. It was a toss up between the undriven SS and the 2005 Acura RSX Type-S. I immediately chose the Cobalt.... I thought it was pretty funny being "interested" in buying the Redline and chatting with the reps at Saturn...
Old 04-18-2005, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by ssstraub

I did that
I tested the seats at a Saturn dealer before I added the G85 to my order

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport Pkg Recaro SS Seats