Hahn RaceCraft Hahn RaceCraft Is a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
Contacts: EcoBoost ; Hahn Sales

2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
get the hahn one, no flutter, and stays closed at idle for once.... I'm loving this thing so far
Old 04-29-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My preferences as far as this goes:
-Easy install (complete setup)
-Simple (not too many parts)
-Walkthrough Manual on install
-Warranty
-High quality parts

Can you tell us why you are pricing it at 4000 dollars?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM

you want something like that and then ask about the price? lol
Old 04-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Bill, I know you were enjoying the Sky/Soltice deal you were at, but we want the pricing already! Purty Please!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Former Vendor

It is done. 2:22 AM CST, and I am signing off for now. Please have a look!

http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folde...ent%20Page.htm

We start taking orders...NOW. First systems will ship in May.

I thank you all, with extra-special kudos to Joe, Tyler and Paul for showing what LSJ can do! Now let's ALL prove to the world that Domestic FWD Performance isn't limited to SRT's!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
It is done. 2:22 AM CST, and I am signing off for now. Please have a look!

http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folde...ent%20Page.htm

We start taking orders...NOW. First systems will ship in May.

I thank you all, with extra-special kudos to Joe, Tyler and Paul for showing what LSJ can do! Now let's ALL prove to the world that Domestic FWD Performance isn't limited to SRT's!
whoa thats great. i guess im the first to see since im still up!!!! would it be ok to run the level 2 kit alone? without adding a intercooler, cause thats a big increase from level 2 to level 3 in price.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Banned

Ouch!! A wee more than what i was hoping prices to be. And what a bummer you don't get a boost controller in your setup, you would think that would just be included or have it on one of the options, since you are showing the possibilities of it hitting 360 with it. Hmm I'm going to have to think about this for a lil bit....

I'm going to PM you Bill about some more details... But great Job getting it all done Bill Jr.

Last edited by MoneyPit; 04-30-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by MoneyPit
Ouch!! A wee more than what i was hoping prices to be. And what a bummer you don't get a boost controller in your setup, you would think that would just be included or have it on one of the options, since you are showing the possibilities of it hitting 360 with it. Hmm I'm going to have to think about this for a lil bit....

I'm going to PM you Bill out some more details... But great Job getting it all done Bill Jr.
Boost controllers range from $15 DIY to $600. A good manual boost controller, Hallman for example is only around a $100, so you don't necessarily have to spend $300 on one. Hell my Integra uses a $15 DIY one that holds pressure great without creep for that matter, so that's more of a preference than anything.

Originally Posted by kwest
whoa thats great. i guess im the first to see since im still up!!!! would it be ok to run the level 2 kit alone? without adding a intercooler, cause thats a big increase from level 2 to level 3 in price.
Well, a level 2 kit has no charge piping, intercooler, BOV, etc. You are going to have to fabricate your own stuff at that point, so it's a little hard to just run it alone. I will personally be getting the Level 2 kit or a slight variation thereof so I can piece together the rest and fabricate my own piping.

Bill, you will have a PM shortly about a Level 2 variation as soon as I find out about something that I working on right now. Any chance to see pictures of the intercooler piping? Very fair pricing by the way.

Last edited by 2K5SS/SC?; 04-30-2008 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Boost controllers range from $15 DIY to $600. A good manual boost controller, Hallman for example is only around a $100, so you don't necessarily have to spend $300 on one. Hell my Integra uses a $15 DIY one that holds pressure great without creep for that matter, so that's more of a preference than anything.
Good point, I've been just used to and love the GReDDY one myself which like you said is 300. All in all the pricing is very fair because he is allowing you to pretty much create your own kit as well. Which most company's will not.

Hey Bill will the downpipe come with a bung installed in it for wideband monitoring? And what color will the piping be? Didn't you say black unless stated otherwise for an extra charge? And what would that extra charge be for a different color piping? Thanks

Last edited by MoneyPit; 04-30-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 06:04 AM

Good point, I've been just used to and love the GReDDY one myself which like you said is 300. All in all the pricing is very fair because he is allowing you to pretty much create your own kit as well. Which most company's will not.
I can't deny that my Integra has recently been upgraded to the Greddy one itself, but it was not $300 for me. My buddy did some work for a guy who in return gave it to him to which it was installed on my Integra since he has no turbo'd cars and has a lot of time into the Integra along with me.

The Cobalt however may see the AEM one since I can replace my stock boost gauge with it to see increased boost and have an easy palce to mount it meanwhile utilizing the boost control part effectively killing three birds with one stone!

Bill, more so than the intercooler piping routes, I would like to see how the turbos outlet, inlet, etc are facing more than anything. Is the piping the same for the 20g kit as it was on the GT35R swap? Thanks again!

Last edited by 2K5SS/SC?; 04-30-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor

Hey Bill will the downpipe come with a bung installed in it for wideband monitoring? And what color will the piping be? Didn't you say black unless stated otherwise for an extra charge? And what would that extra charge be for a different color piping? Thanks
Yes, we will add an optional wideband bung if you like. We mention that in the web text, but there's a lot of info there, so I know it's not all burned into your brain yet like it is in mine, hahaha! (Of course, I've been LIVING this setup for months now )

Fact is, if we get custom color requests in the frst batch of orders, the charges will be reasonable...I'd estimate another 25-50 bux a system, depending on the colors (some will be more expensive than that, such as candies, metallics, etc) . It will be more costly once we get down the road a piece and have pre-coated pipes in standard gloss black on hand, for then we'll have to re-coat them for custom colors.

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
I can't deny that my Integra has recently been upgraded to the Greddy one itself, but it was not $300 for me. My buddy did some work for a guy who in return gave it to him to which it was installed on my Integra since he has no turbo'd cars and has a lot of time into the Integra along with me.

The Cobalt however may see the AEM one since I can replace my stock boost gauge with it to see increased boost and have an easy palce to mount it meanwhile utilizing the boost control part effectively killing three birds with one stone!

Bill, more so than the intercooler piping routes, I would like to see how the turbos outlet, inlet, etc are facing more than anything. Is the piping the same for the 20g kit as it was on the GT35R swap? Thanks again!
Yes, the AEM boost controller is nice, but one aspect you should check into is if they have an external switch you can use to transition between boost levels. The GReddy controllers have a really effective steering wheel mounted one that we use on all our hi-powered FWD's...easy to get at during a pass at the track, or when you are dusting some unsuspecting ricer on the street.

Yes, this S20G system is laid out exactly like the GT35R version. We made the systems as close as possible...easy upgrades later for those who get busy! To swap in a GT35R should involve just a hose coupler and a single charge air pipe, some oil line revisions, and a different exhaust outlet housing...they may even end up using the same downpipes! Adding GT35R will also involve adding watercooling to support the ball-bearings, whereas S20G does not require coolant.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 04-30-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM

hmmm that greddy setup sounds promising, guess I just have more money to spend, oh yeah building the motor in this thing within the next 2 weeks, so expect some pretty crazy numbers
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM

let the wife-begging comence!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 PM

^^^no kidding guess its time to raise the limit on my credit card.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 PM

i know how this is gonna sound but how about a military discount?lol
Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by luciano23456
i know how this is gonna sound but how about a military discount?lol
This is a good question in fact! A lot of places do this. Crate Engine Depot, Turbochargers.com, and a some other places I've ordered from. Hell, I'm curious to know myself since I'm actully deployed right now!

Bill, the Greddy boost controller does indeed have that capability with the remote switch. I have one for my Integra to test when I return, as my buddy just put in my new clutch, slicks are awaiting, and once I return we'll be hitting the track to use it. If I like it enough, I'll pick up one for the Cobalt too! I never rule out anything until I get to see it or give it a go!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Us Military Men and Women are the reason you CAN sell these kits... soooooooooooo we should get them at dealer cost.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What modifications would be needed to run this on say a 2.4L as stated on your website?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steddy2112
What modifications would be needed to run this on say a 2.4L as stated on your website?
As far as we know, you'd have to:
  • relocate your washer bottle
  • tend to some sensor differences
  • compare throttle body mounting (may be the same, not sure at this time, perhaps someone here knows)
  • extend wiring for MAF and throttle body
  • take care of your own tuning
As such, you'd prob be best served by a Level III or IV system.

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
Us Military Men and Women are the reason you CAN sell these kits... soooooooooooo we should get them at dealer cost.

*stands at attention* sir, Yes sir!
We don't have a standard policy on this, but I will look into it

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 05-01-2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 AM

Does this work with the dual pass? or is that thrown out all together?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by silentd
Does this work with the dual pass? or is that thrown out all together?
If you get the sheet metal intake manifold in the Level you desire then the dual pass setup would be deleted along with the HE pump and heat exhanger itself.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:35 PM

Wow bill i wasn't really expecting you to even consider the military discount idea. thats great maybe i wont have to beg as vigorously as i thought. you are indeed the ****.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 PM

how about chicagoland discounts lol

but seriously....

lol, what about some type of payment system?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 AM

Thumbs up

Bill,
I thought you might enjoy this and maybe it'll drum up some more business for you.
I this is a post I made in another thread IRT him wanting so desperately to get a new SS/TC. I cleaned the language up a bit from the original post. Post it on your site or something.

Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Personal opinion, you're making a mistake buying the new TC.
Outside of me trying to sell you my car, pay attention to the way I'm thinking.
Look at the price of most any SC now, bottom dollar. Granted, they aren't set up like mine, but they're dirt cheap. $15k give or take depending on the miles.
Also, look at the Stage 5, fully funtional, bolt-on, top of the line Hahn turbo kit for the 2.0. This kit is ready to go. It's not some lost cause like the SC swaps that people have been trying. This kit is tested, proven, in production, and for sale now from a reputable company for about $4400.
Giving you a total of around $20K for a car that is already proven capable of 360hp on pump gas and will kick the crap out of a brand new TC by 100hp.

Now we'll look at the TC which you're so in love with.
$25,000 + financing = about $30K?

Somebody help me out here. Which is better?:
~$20K for 360hp
or
~$30K for 260hp
and a car that you know you're going to want to mod.
If you say you're not, you're lyin' to yourself.

Save you're money, do it right. If you're buying a TC because you think it's badass, you're sadly mistaken and will just end up dissappointed all over again. Buy a car that nobody wants, debadge it, maybe even get a lowpro spoiler, and build a real badass 4cyl beast that will have everybody wondering what the hell you have under the hood.
Now, back to the subject of a military discount.....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Bill,
I thought you might enjoy this and maybe it'll drum up some more business for you.
I this is a post I made in another thread IRT him wanting so desperately to get a new SS/TC. I cleaned the language up a bit from the original post. Post it on your site or something.

Now, back to the subject of a military discount.....
Wow. What can I say except thanks very much! That's a very eye-opening comparison. Even more so when you consider you have compared the TC's Engine HP (260) to the Hahn SS Turbo's Wheel HP (360). It gets even sicker when we consider that the Hahn Engine HP is more like 420.

Forgive me, I don't mean to get hung up on details, hahaha...your comparison is still very sobering!

I am still looking into the military thing. Hey, for those of you who have taken advantage of such military discounts...what do the vendors require you to provide to verify your military status?

Originally Posted by silentd
how about chicagoland discounts lol

but seriously....

lol, what about some type of payment system?
We've looked at payment systems and financing in the past, and it's just not a good fit for our company, we've learned.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 05-02-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: 2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?