Hahn RaceCraft Hahn RaceCraft Is a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
Contacts: EcoBoost ; Hahn Sales

2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?

Old 05-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
I am still looking into the military thing. Hey, for those of you who have taken advantage of such military discounts...what do the vendors require you to provide to verify your military status?
Normally we show our military ID. Guess if you needed it they could fax a copy of it. Another option that I thought of is that they could send you an email from their military account. Normally members of the services have an email address that is either service or command(where they work) specific. Something like "robert.shoemaker@army.mil".
If you need help verifying people, I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm a military Information Systems Tech.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Normally we show our military ID. Guess if you needed it they could fax a copy of it. Another option that I thought of is that they could send you an email from their military account. Normally members of the services have an email address that is either service or command(where they work) specific. Something like "robert.shoemaker@army.mil".
If you need help verifying people, I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm a military Information Systems Tech.
This is usually a great way to verify a persons military status.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
This is usually a great way to verify a persons military status.
Yes, that is a great way to confirm since we all have a .mil email for work or the faxing of the ID card. A couple places will do it over the phone just by you asking because we are the only ones that know about them, so we ask!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Yes, that is a great way to confirm since we all have a .mil email for work or the faxing of the ID card. A couple places will do it over the phone just by you asking because we are the only ones that know about them, so we ask!
very true...
I found a shoe store that gives 15%....real nice to know. Well, in her case, not mine
Old 05-05-2008, 10:25 AM

im curious of what you guys have done for a idler pulley setup to replace the supercharger with? or did you guys replace the alternator with a different one?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:43 PM

look back in the thread they do talk about it, but hahn isn't telling all they're secrets
Old 05-06-2008, 09:25 AM

must have missed it cause i skimmed thru the whole thread... o well as long as theres something there doing about it... I was just curious cause they didnt have that in the description of level kits so I was wondering at what level they include it
Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Z Speed
im curious of what you guys have done for a idler pulley setup to replace the supercharger with? or did you guys replace the alternator with a different one?
We will provide guidance on how to implement a very effective solution to our customers. We ditch the entire supercharger belt drive...all of the idlers, brackets, four-foot long two sided belt, ALL of it. There's no need to retain any of it with our approach, and it's an affordable solution too.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM

Hey Bill, can you post up some pics of the oiling fitting/special part that goes where the drain plug used to reside? There are a lot of people interested in seeing it and how it works. Thanks!

Also, I have to square away a few more little things first, but my order we spoke about should be coming your way before I return from this deployment.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:46 PM

We will provide guidance on how to implement a very effective solution to our customers. We ditch the entire supercharger belt drive...all of the idlers, brackets, four-foot long two sided belt, ALL of it. There's no need to retain any of it with our approach, and it's an affordable solution too.
I thought Level V was a complete turn-key kit?

From the sound of this, you are leaving the belt drive revision up to the customer?

Even if it is cheap and simple, clarification of this would be nice. I'm sure a lot of people think that with the $4400 Level V kit, they are getting EVERYTHING needed. At least that is the way the website makes it sound. "...all the way down to the turn-key complete TurboSystem that's a 100% solution."
Old 05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by turboeco
I thought Level V was a complete turn-key kit?

From the sound of this, you are leaving the belt drive revision up to the customer?

Even if it is cheap and simple, clarification of this would be nice. I'm sure a lot of people think that with the $4400 Level V kit, they are getting EVERYTHING needed. At least that is the way the website makes it sound. "...all the way down to the turn-key complete TurboSystem that's a 100% solution."
Well...ok...you got me there, kinda. Our approach is that in terms of the Turbo and Fuel Systems, this truly is a 100% complete solution, so as to differentiate it from 'piecemeal' or 'do-it-yourself' long and tawdry drawn-out compromise alternatives. This is actually a hallmark of our systems...super-complete so installation of the turbo and fuel systems is a one-stop deal, with every item chosen or designed by an expert. No e-bay nightmares here. Best results in the industry!

Of course, with any power adder of this nature, there's always going to be other concerns that may be related to, or are caused to be needed by, the installation of a turbosystem. Some examples include clutches, exhausts, and there's certainly more. We are treating the belt drive mods as one of these, but BONUS! We figured a way to do it that rocks for clean simplicity and ease! And we share this, at no additional charge, with our Customers...but only our Customers. We just don't feel compelled to over-describe it and, in doing so, teach the world how to do it...that's not our duty! Our duty is to our customers, and it would be a dirty trick on them to share for free what they pay darn good money to attain!

Anyone who is buying a system will be hip to what's up, it's easy and very affordable, and a perfect complement to the OEM-quality of the TurboSystem.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 05-06-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:20 PM

nice i cant wait to get 4000 saved up damnit
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 PM

any idea of how much are we lookin at to redo the belt drive?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
wondering the same...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned

i think i shoud be a test car u know just to make sure everythings good!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
About $120 for everything at retail, less if you have a discount auto parts hookup. We provide all the needed info to do it, couldn't be easier!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM

About $120 for everything at retail, less if you have a discount auto parts hookup. We provide all the needed info to do it, couldn't be easier!
Sounds good. Can you post a pic of the oilr return part that screws into where the old drain plug used to reside? There are a lot of people interested in seeing it or at least knowing how it works!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor

Sounds good. Can you post a pic of the oilr return part that screws into where the old drain plug used to reside? There are a lot of people interested in seeing it or at least knowing how it works!
As this oil drain system is currently undergoing patent consideration, we are rather tight-lipped about it too, so no spy pics
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM

thats not bad $120 to redo the pulley system. kinda relieved to see it wasn't another 2,3,4 hundred bucks
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 PM

As this oil drain system is currently undergoing patent consideration, we are rather tight-lipped about it too, so no spy pics
Damn you Scooba Steve! Understandable.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Banned

It seems to me that the only change they would be doing would be swapping out the alternators since the 2.2 alternator runs in both directions apposed to the 2.0l which only runs in one direction. If that is the case i heard you lose voltage through out the system of the car, so hopefully it's something different. Guess I'll find out when i get my kit.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:00 PM

Hey Bill, what flange does the turbo outlet use? It looks like a standard 3 bolt
2.5" flange that transitions to the 3" V-band. Is that right? Thanks again.

Would this be a pretty accurate piece of my decription as well?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor

Hey Bill, what flange does the turbo outlet use? It looks like a standard 3 bolt
3" flange that transitions to the V-band. Is that right? Thanks again.
It's a wicked piece we designed that is also shown in this pic of a different product:

It adds V-band clamp capability to the Mitsu Super turbos we've had such success with over the years. Trick machine work, nice tapered transition to the 3" downpipe
Old 05-08-2008, 03:18 PM

It's a wicked piece we designed that is also shown in this pic of a different product:

It adds V-band clamp capability to the Mitsu Super turbos we've had such success with over the years. Trick machine work, nice tapered transition to the 3" downpipe
Ok, that looks even better than the pic I posted. Are those available separately as well? And if so how much? PM me if necessary.

I finally realized I'm going to need to make a custom downpipe for my setup in mind, so that's why I'm asking. I always choose to go the hard route, but it makes me feel so much more accomplished in the long run.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor

Ok, that looks even better than the pic I posted. Are those available separately as well? And if so how much? PM me if necessary.

I finally realized I'm going to need to make a custom downpipe for my setup in mind, so that's why I'm asking. I always choose to go the hard route, but it makes me feel so much more accomplished in the long run.
Heh, yes, we take a lot of pride in designing / machining these bits. It's also very compact when installed, as you can tell by this pic:

However, it does only fit Hahn Mitsubishi Super Turbos. If that's what you have, shoot me a PM and we'll talk details.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?