How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Appearance: How To: Remove Front Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To: Remove Front Mudflaps

The new cobalts come with these great front mudflaps attached/formed to the inner fender liner. This is a simple way to remove them. I do not have pictures, sorry, but this is a really easy visual mod.

First.
You can mark the body line along the inner fender with tape. This is optional, but will make the fender liner closer to the edge of the body. I did not do this, but I am sure some people would like to be a little more precise than I was.

Second.
Turn the wheel all the way in one direction. Remove the 3? I think 7mm screws on the back side of the fender liner.

Third.
Take a razor blade, utility blade, box cutter, knife, or other sharp object and cut the mud flap. You have to pull the fender liner toward the wheel to cut it. You will see a mold line. You can cut along that, or if you taped it you can cut along that. I made two or three passes with a raor blade and then folded the mudflap part up. It didn't break off and a few spots still held so I cut them and off it came.

Fourth.
Reinstall the screws.

Fifth.
Turn the wheel and repeat on the other side.

This is a fairly simple visual mod that can be accomplished in about 15 minutes if you have the tools. I didn't think to take pictures until after I had done this, but it is really simple. And it looks way better.

Last edited by TommyP; 10-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.