How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: How to install a 7" LCD H/U and Slim PS2 on 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
This is sooo pimperish. Ive been thinking about a 7" LCD already but with a GAME SYSTEM?? LOL ill be like that Chinese guy from Fast and Furious 1... maybe i'll hook it up to my XBOX 360... w/e subd
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting to understand..

Hey everyone i am replying.to this thread because well i didnt want to get yelled at for starting a new thread on a common topic. Anyways ill get on with it..
I will try and make this soind as simple as possible. FYI typing fast..im working

So I bought a 7" moniter. Replacing someone elses broken 7" moniter. Upon opening my dash it was the biggest clutster of **** ive ever seen lol. I can hook up subs and stuff no problem but this..it looks like 4 different h/us were installed in this 2007 ss/sc.

Anyways I cut all the crap off to the stock wiring harnesses. I dont care fkr the onstar nor the chime box. ( as long as i dont NEED a chime box..)
So I get the radio powered. In order tk power it..i needed 3 wires touching....the Red and the Yellow from the new harness needed tk.be conected to the Yellow of the exisitng.....all 3.. so i guess my first question is why? Connecting jist the 2 yellow wires together did nothing..needed all 3 of those. Radio doea not turn off when keys are off.

So overall my questions..
1. Why did i need the stock yellow wire connected tk BOTH yellow and red of my aftermarket h/u? That was the only way it would stay on if i took one of the 3 out it turned Off...
And 2. Which wire then will i wire to the fuse? And if i have a sunroof which i do. Can i take that fuse out, splice the wire in there. And then put the fuse back in there to kinda support it? kinda ghetto but would work right?

Thanks a lor fkr your time guys i am new here and trying my hardest tk understand. I know i could get the fusebox paet to work but really i dont know why i need 3 wired connected at once..again thats the red and yellow from new h/u to the yellow of stock harness..
If say i could just dk the yellow to yellow..i would know that the red would then need to go to the fuse box. But frkm my new radio harness. The red and yellow are connected to one yellow from the stock harness. Im sorry i sound confusing and i can post pics within the hour if anyone needs.

Thank You so much for.your help
Old 07-28-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The three wires are your ground, hot, and remote. The hot provides power and your remote wire is what will turn it off when you turn off the car
Old 07-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay i think i figured out why it wont shut off. I had the remote as my blue wire on the aftermarket h/u going to the blue on the stock. When remote is the pink on the stock. Ao i should be able to get it off. Last question is why do i need the red AND yellow from afyermarket connected to the yellow of the stock in order to power it? If i only did the yellow wire to yellow wire for example, it would not turn on. NEEDED red and yellow from aftermarket h/u connected to yellow of the stock one. BUT if say i connect the two yellows together, and run the red one to the fuse box. Would it turn on?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Look through our how to page 90% of your questions are already answered in that part of the forums. Should help you out with everything