How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

2.0 LSJ Engine: How To make your Fujita work !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To make your Fujita work !!!!!!

Ok i am a owner of a fujita intake and have been very unhappy about the fitment. Since i have been seeing alot of people with the same problem i figured i would find a fix myself and i did!!!

First remove the lower part of the intake and take it out and remove the MAF and the filter. Now take a saw and cut off the lower part of the intake where it gets wider. Here is a pic of where i cut it.

Now take the burs off and smooth the edges making sure you get all loose pieces off. Now find some rubber matting. I used some that was 3mm thick and the difference between the smaller part of the pipe and the filter hole is 12mm so i have to wrap two strips around the tube for it to be the correct size. Here is a pic of a strip of rubber matting roughly 3/4" wide.

Now take the first strip and make sure it will go completely around the tube leaving no gap since you do not want any unfiltered air getting in. Now i used contact cement becuase it bonds fast and it was all i had but silicone would work.

Glue down the first strip according to the directions for your adhesive. W/ contact cement you need to apply it to both surfaces and allow it to dry for 15 minutes. Once glossy put the strip on the tube flush with the edge then use the filter clamp to secure it in place and allow it to set for a few minutes.

Once dry cut the next strip making sure it fits without a gap and apply the adhesive as before. Place the strip on and tighten the clamp down ontop of both of them.

Here is a pic of both strips clamped to the tube, i didn't cut the tube at a perfect 90* angle because i didn't check the saw to see if it was set up right so thats why mine isn't quite flush.

Once that has set put the filter back on.

And then put the MAf back in and re-install the lower intake tube.

Yeah now it fits on to the bracket, doesn't hit the bottom of the splash liner or the fog light. BUT to complete the whole process you need something to hold the liner inplace so that it won't rub against the tire .

Now i believe i used a 1/4" bolt, nut, washer, and lock washer. If this is not the right size then find one that will fit on the hole that i will show in the pic below. Now get some sheet metal that is stout enough where it is difficult to bend with you hands and make a bracket that looks like the on in the pic below.

You can also see it in the previous photo and i can get some more pics if needed. Drill the hold in the piece of sheet metal which is roughly inch wide and 3.5" long. Make sure the hole is the right size for the bolt.

Make a L out of the sheet metal piece with the shorter part where the hole is. Now put the bolt going up into the engine compartment through the new bracket and put the washer, lock washer and nut on the inside. It should look like this.

Now install the liner, you'll see that is buldges ouut pretty bad but this new bracket will fix that. Cut a slot in the liner where the bracket can hold onto and make sure it is not to far away where it can't reach it. Now curl the end of the bracket and fit it in the slot. This takes some trial and error for everything to fit but keep at it.

That should be the ending result. Now the tube will still buldge out but it will not rub, even with my car lowered it doesn't rub so that fixes it. Good luck with your fix any questions?

Last edited by TommyP; 05-23-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:35 PM

good fix. nice and clean. i like it, keep up the good work
Old 02-19-2006, 10:36 PM

yea, thanks for that post.. very helpful
Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 PM

I expected a CEL from this mod since the filter is even closer to the MAF but NONE, what is wrong with my car? I guess lucky me.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 AM

I have had my K&N Typhoon.... had zero fitment issues and no CEL's either... good write up BTW!!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
Do you really have to cut the intake? I dont wanna go through all that work...
You don't have to but it sure fits a lot better when its done this way. I would have never bought another intake even if i knew i had to do this before i bought my fujita. I love that intake, Great sound.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did this and it worked great!!! Except instead of gluing rubber to the bottom of the tube i just ordered a filter from fujita with a 3" opening. Worked awesome!!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:17 PM

i heard that if you go to a dealership and get your car reflashed it will take the cel off. is this true? another thing i have read on here is that it will learn itself and turn the cel off. is that true?

Last edited by chood711; 05-21-2007 at 01:09 AM. Reason: another ?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:30 PM

I dont wanna cut the intake, but what problems did you have when it wasnt cut? Will the bracket solve some of them? Im not sure how to do the bracket thing. Seems complicated. Any simple suggesions
Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
I dont wanna cut the intake, but what problems did you have when it wasnt cut? Will the bracket solve some of them? Im not sure how to do the bracket thing. Seems complicated. Any simple suggesions
This is what happens when it isnt cut....the fender liner hits the tire as it buldges out against the intake and filter. ill be removing it all soon and redoing it my own way since Fujita designers were drunk when they designed this part for the SC models:

Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by sscobaltscZ06
This is what happens when it isnt cut....the fender liner hits the tire as it buldges out against the intake and filter. ill be removing it all soon and redoing it my own way since Fujita designers were drunk when they designed this part for the SC models:

Are you gonna be cuttin it like this thread suggests or do you have any other ideas? I cant even put the fender liner on with the intake not cut. I will be cuttin it but the bracket is just confusin me. Can anyone explain that better or take better pics?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice work
you forgot one step

** clean the HELL out of the intake that you just put grit, filings, on the inside of, which will now get sucked into your engine if you dont......
Old 06-02-2007, 10:29 PM

i didnt have to cut the pipe to make it fit. i did how ever make the bracket to hold the fender lining, to keep tire from rubbing it.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 PM

Before installing the bracket, did anyone hear a squeaking noise coming from around the front right fender? Im not sure if its because its rubbing on the tire but it doesnt sound like it. I can only hear it when my music is on low.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL I didn't install the bracket at all, didn't need to.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Lol I cut the bracket off........
Old 09-19-2007, 12:35 PM

I meant the bracket from this thread, not the bracket from Fujita.