I couldnt find a how to on this when i was searching for the info i needed on how to get the factory sliders off the stock seats and re-use them on aftermarket racing seats.
1. Tilt seat forward and push all the way up (like you were getting in the back seat)
2. There are 2 plastic covers on the floor over the seat braket bolts. Remove those covers and remove the bolts
3. Rock the seat forward so that the rear of the brakets are in the air. Pull tward you while keeping it tilted up. Now the seat is out.
4. The stock brakets do not come off without braking something.
5. You will need to get some brakets. Here is a web site to buy them at made spacificly for the cobalt's (all models) Corbeau Seat Mounting Brackets - TREperformance.com
the part numbers for the 2 brackets you will need (driver side and passanger side) are as follow:
Driver side E2090T
Passanger side E2091T
I'll have to finish editing this how to when my brakets get here and i get my seats installed.
Well those brackets that came in today were made for sparco seats. I had to modify them, no big deal was easy, just a lot of measuring and centering. Took me 2 hours to finish it all up... I didn't take any pictures because i dont think anyone here would be willing to modify seat brackets. It was def safer then modding the stock brackets and then be screwed w/ out any seats if you messed up.
If you all still want pictures ill take the seats out tomorrow and photoshop in some text and arrows showing what had to be modded to get them to fit.
Sorry for the water specs on the lense but it was misting outside.