How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

Interior: SS/SC Shift Knob Removal

Old 06-01-2006, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never seen a leather seat do that. My friend has a 4 year old Focus and the seats are in perfect condition. The seats in the RSX are also much higher quality.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by knatsabooh
Tell me about it.... haha i couldn't beleive it myself...

Success I got the bitch off with some major pulling... flew back in the seat lol , got the momo shifter on now and it looks sweet ... i'll have a pic up soon .

FYI , It really is a deep red, just it being night and the flash made it look orangish, it matches the red interior perfect, now i just have to stitch the bag so it stays tight around the bottom since the reverse lockout is gone.

Did you ever have a problem with shifting to far over while going into fifth after the reverse lockout was gone and also how did you get the plastic off the boot?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:32 AM
iso

Originally Posted by Ewose10
Did you ever have a problem with shifting to far over while going into fifth after the reverse lockout was gone and also how did you get the plastic off the boot?
why would he have trouble shifting to fifth and going into reverse? reverse is all the way to the right and back. fifth is right and up...
Old 06-07-2006, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by iso
why would he have trouble shifting to fifth and going into reverse? reverse is all the way to the right and back. fifth is right and up...
because with the lockout out u can shift past the 5th gear notch and further over where the reverse notch is. U don't shift down going into 5th obviously but if u shift over to the right until the shifter stops u have to move back a little bit to hit the notch where 5th gear is. So the answer is yes... I actually went back to stock... lol i like the stock shifter better after having the two... wasted my money once again.. argh. but to answer the guys asking about having trouble getting into 5th the answer is yes... i got used to it tho and knew the spot... still slightly annoying.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take a look at the thread i posted on this How to shows how to put on any Knob without removing your reverse lockout just modding it.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 PM

Not working

Originally Posted by BooSSted
Well, you definitely do not want to take yours off the same way I took mine off (beat it with a hammer until it broke). So I am going to tell you guys the CORRECT way to take it off because it is a pain in the ass if you don't know how!

It's is actually pretty simple. On the top of your shift knob you have the silver metal center piece and that is surrounded by a black rim. You need to CAREFULLY get a knife or a screw driver in between the black rim and the leather part of the shift knob. Gently pry off the black rim (The silver piece is attached to the black rim, they come off as one piece) Be careful not to mark it up if possible. Once you get the top off, you will see a torx screw that is screwed into the top of the shifter. Take out this torx screw and then the shift knob will pull straight off.
I u screwed it and I can't seem to pull it off?