HP Tuners HP Tuners are a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
contacts: HP Tuners

HP Tuners VCM Suite 2.2.0 is Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
You have to understand though bill... that the market for hptuners is relativly low for us 2.2s because we konw right now we cant tune. and people are getting frustrated and just saying screw it and they go buy another car... i think if you put it out there or did more research then more peopel would be intrested but i know that I and many other people even here are intrested in the 2.2 my friend sent in his codes and everythign to you so you guys could see if you could crack it... so just keep us informed and please make an effort to tune us...
Thanks,
David
Its a bit of a double edged sword in that if we relegate 6 months of development time for the 05-06 pcm's thats 6 months more time that would need to be tacked onto anything else we've already fully committed to finishing which is LBZ/LMM allison TCM, solstice/sky TCM, LS2/LS3/LS7 2 bar support, Ford lineup, Dodge lineup which would have those guys up in arms, then you'd have the 07+ 2.2 guys up in arms as to why we didn't do that pcm as well and we'd be in the same boat explaining to them the 4-6 months of development time and thats not to mention that every poll that has been started concerning this topic has shown interest of about 40-50 people whether present or future customers which honestly isn't enough to warrant that development time to which most of the threads have posts like F*** hptuners which definitely wouldn't make anyone work harder to try and appease that market. Its not fair to us to be bashed when we were the first & only tuning solution for the 2.0 & 2.4 markets as well as the older 2.2 markets.

Bottom line is you can't please everyone all of the time as its just not possible. You make your commitments and reevaluate your situation when those prior commitments are finished.

-Bill
Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by HP Tuners
Its a bit of a double edged sword in that if we relegate 6 months of development time for the 05-06 pcm's thats 6 months more time that would need to be tacked onto anything else we've already fully committed to finishing which is LBZ/LMM allison TCM, solstice/sky TCM, LS2/LS3/LS7 2 bar support, Ford lineup, Dodge lineup which would have those guys up in arms, then you'd have the 07+ 2.2 guys up in arms as to why we didn't do that pcm as well and we'd be in the same boat explaining to them the 4-6 months of development time and thats not to mention that every poll that has been started concerning this topic has shown interest of about 40-50 people whether present or future customers which honestly isn't enough to warrant that development time to which most of the threads have posts like F*** hptuners which definitely wouldn't make anyone work harder to try and appease that market. Its not fair to us to be bashed when we were the first & only tuning solution for the 2.0 & 2.4 markets as well as the older 2.2 markets.

Bottom line is you can't please everyone all of the time as its just not possible. You make your commitments and reevaluate your situation when those prior commitments are finished.

-Bill
Hey Bill, I would like to personally appologize for the idiot that made that remark. I understand totally where your coming from and I would feel the same way aswell. I'm pretty sure that majority of the people on here are very appreciative of your work and have high respect for you guys. I know I do for sure. I realy don't want to sound like a "suck-up," but you have to realize we do these thread because we have no other way of actually getting to you guys. We're pretty much stuck with a car now that we have been informed that there will be no tuning for. I can also say that there is probably double if not triple the amount of people who aren't registered on this forum that look forward to tuning. so its not like you won't ever make back the money. Its just the law of business...you have to lose some to make some. I mean there has to be a way to make this work...please at least let us know, straight forward, if there is or is not any consideration for putting this into production. Thanks.

-Rohri
Old 09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lil_kano
Hey Bill, I would like to personally appologize for the idiot that made that remark. I understand totally where your coming from and I would feel the same way aswell. I'm pretty sure that majority of the people on here are very appreciative of your work and have high respect for you guys. I know I do for sure. I realy don't want to sound like a "suck-up," but you have to realize we do these thread because we have no other way of actually getting to you guys. We're pretty much stuck with a car now that we have been informed that there will be no tuning for. I can also say that there is probably double if not triple the amount of people who aren't registered on this forum that look forward to tuning. so its not like you won't ever make back the money. Its just the law of business...you have to lose some to make some. I mean there has to be a way to make this work...please at least let us know, straight forward, if there is or is not any consideration for putting this into production. Thanks.

-Rohri
No apologies necessary, you weren't the person who said it nor will you be the last, but I just wanted to let everyone know what we'd be facing if we tried to support this pcm before finishing what we've already started in so many other areas of GM, ford & dodge support. Its impossible to crack every pcm and get it on the market as quick as people would like, take LT1 & Northstar for other GM examples, is there a market for both, definitely...LT1's are horribly inexpensive now and everyone and their mother is swapping a northstar into their fiero, but will they be supported anytime soon? probably not. Not because we don't want to but because we've already made commitments in other areas that need to be finalized before we can start off on completely new projects.

-Bill
Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by HP Tuners

-Bill

No man youre totally misunderstanding my post/... im not bashing at all.. i am actually just satating that there are plenty of 2.2 guys that would love to be tuned... trust me i understand about pleaseing everyone and how hard it can be... i appreciate what you guys do and im sorry if it didnt come out like that... i wasnt trying to bash... at all actually.... so my apologies... honestly i just wish it was possible for us to be tuned because i have a friend that has hpt on his laptop and it would make things easier... but i totally understand your situation and im sorry for coming off like i didnt...

-Dave
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM

How about a suggestion? No more announcement of certain vehicles going into research, this way you have time to finish what you've started, grab some more PCMs and get at it again. Then, once your done with the 05-06 cobalts you can move on to the not so important people. Just kidding.

On a real note, though, it would be nice and advantageous to know if we will or will not be getting tuning available by HPT at some point. Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM

How about a suggestion? No more announcement of certain vehicles going into research, this way you have time to finish what you've started, grab some more PCMs and get at it again. Then, once your done with the 05-06 cobalts you can move on to the not so important people. Just kidding.

On a real note, though, it would be nice and advantageous to know if we will or will not be getting tuning available by HPT at some point. Thanks again.
agree and well stated... gj and some rep for you
Old 09-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Former Vendor

I think I already answered that question earlier

Interest for 2.2 tuning has been relatively low(~45 people have shown interest even at a minimal level on the 3 tuning software forums polls have been posted on) for the 6-8 months of development time it would take for us to even start a beta program for them. Add in the fact they were only used in a VERY limited amount of vehicles & ONLY for 2 years & then switched out for a new pcm in 07+ its doubtful we'll offer anything.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:05 AM

I also apologize for the comment in that thread. We had a good thread going, then one person had to ruin it and get it locked on us. I should go neg him lol.

On a more serious note, thanks for at least responding to our questions and keeping us updated even if it isn't good news.

$100 an hour for 5 months is $80,000. Figure 2 HPT credits per car at roughly $100 thats 800 buyers. So we'd need a market of around 800 cars. Guys I've tried to keep optimistic about this, but it just isn't looking good. I guess I'll just have to keep saving for that Camaro.