Forum Jump Gallery Social Groups vBLive Garage Register Now Videos Link To Us Store Site Map TSBs
Cobalt SS Network Forums
The Cobalt SS Network is the leading resource for all Chevy Cobalts and related Delta
platform cars. Registered users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Vendor Forums

Go Back   Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Home Regional All Albums   FAQ Members List
The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Anyone Know National Tire and Battery Price Match?

This is a discussion on Anyone Know National Tire and Battery Price Match? within the The Lounge forums, part of the Community category; I purchased a set of Falken fk452 from NTB. They told me these tires were and all-season tire. Cost of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #1

Member #: 18051
Check out my gallery 

Anyone Know National Tire and Battery Price Match?

I purchased a set of Falken fk452 from NTB. They told me these tires were and all-season tire. Cost of the tires and labor was almost $800

I find Sears has the SAME tire on sale about $100 cheaper about two weeks down the road and I ask for a printed quote so that I could take it to NTB and get a price match. I gave the guy $5 for printing that for me.

I go to NTB and say that I want to price match and they would not do it for me. They could NOT provide me with a price match policy in black and white writing, which is bullshit.

I called corporate and the lady on the phone took down some information about the incident and that someone would contact me. She couldnt even get me a price match.

Does anyone know the policy there? Guy told me they would not price match prior purchase.

I just realized that I cant afford an Import
wordsthatiwrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:20 AM   #2

Points: 20,629, Level: 90 Points: 20,629, Level: 90 Points: 20,629, Level: 90
Level up: 56%, 221 Points needed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Member #: 8925
Send a message via AIM to HunterKiller89 Send a message via MSN to HunterKiller89
Check out my gallery 

why price match it? just buy the damn ones at sears!
| GMPP Exhaust | Smoked Taillights | 5% rear, 15% front | Black Projectors | 18x8 Black Kyowa rims | Nexen P3000 tires | Auto Transmission Mounts | Koni Front/Rear Struts | Sportlines | 10k low/6k high beams | ZZP Mid-Length Header/DP combo | AEM UEGO | Black/Red Insert SS Seats, Door Panels, and Trim Pieces | High Rise Spoiler | M62 Blower | ZZP Heat Exchanger | Option B | Red Mech. Boost Gauge | Dual Red Interceptors | TTR Rear Sway Bar |
HunterKiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #3

Check out my gallery 

Ive already purchased the tires from NTB. Otherwise, yeah Id buy them from sears.

I forgot sears even had tires. lol

Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Banned

Member #: 14975
Check out my gallery 

http://www.ntb.com/AboutUs.aspx

Looking for a great price? You have come to the right place. Our price match guarantee ensures you always get the best deal in town.
BostonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #5

Check out my gallery 

Your "Price match guarantee" does not have any terms or conditions. The local store, NOR corporate could provide me with the BLACK AND WHITE terms of the "Guarantee" I wanted a damn price match and they could not provide me with any legitimate reason other than, "no"

I am extremely upset with NTB at the moment. Likely considering never purchasing from there again. It would be a good business decision to price match the damn deal because I would be more likely to recommend NTB to another person. With the way things are currently progressing, I may contact the better business beareau and possibly write a small article on how there "Price Match Guarantee" Is nothing but smoke up potential customer's asses.

Nothing personal twoards your, Im just extremly upset with the decision and the hassle I am going through for $100 that doesnt mean as much to NTB as it does to me.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #6
Points: 13,821, Level: 76 Points: 13,821, Level: 76 Points: 13,821, Level: 76
Level up: 43%, 229 Points needed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Activity: 1.1%
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Member #: 27217
Send a message via AIM to silver187666
Check out my gallery 

there might be a reason why there 100 bucks, check the made date on the tires,

should be just after the dot symbol should be 4 numbers, if its not on one side its on the other

0106 means 1st week in 2006
silver187666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
Original Hayden Fanatic

Points: 104,050, Level: 100 Points: 104,050, Level: 100 Points: 104,050, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0.3%
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Award-Showcase

Member #: 7110
REIGN SS
Check out my gallery 

perhaps there price match guarantee only applies at the time of purchase, not after the fact...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #8

Member #: 5228
Send a message via AIM to clumsykx
Check out my gallery 

I work for sears which owns NTB btw. We do have a price match guarantee. Tires are another story i believe. Technically we do not have to honor anything, as a retailer they can tell you to **** off, not sell you anything, not honor anything, not honor a price match guarantee, Ive worked there for about 7 years. TIs like buying a car, you may have bought it at $15k but then two weeks later they have it for 10K cuz of rebates, yer fuxored.
clumsykx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #9

Check out my gallery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGN SS View Post
perhaps there price match guarantee only applies at the time of purchase, not after the fact...
Per their website, they say that they have a "price match guarantee ensures you always get the best deal in town."

They cannot locate any paperwork that states their terms and conditions. So how am I as a consumer to know what the policy entails.

From reading their website, I can deduce that best price no matter what. There are not any specific details

I obviously work for best buy.

30 day return/exchange policy. If the product you buy goes on sale at our store or a competitor, you can come to the store and get your money back.

NTB could and will not provide me with the terms and conditions of their "Price match guarantee"

If thats is the case, I may have a case for false advertising.

Im really considering Contacting the Better Business bureau and maybe a lawyer. Because even corporate will not work with me on this.

Did I mention that they sold me a Maximum Performance tire as an All-Season? I live in cleveland for F sake. Snow will destroy me. I asked them twice and very explicitly, " Is this an All-Season Tire?"

(F bomb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsykx View Post
I work for sears which owns NTB btw. We do have a price match guarantee. Tires are another story i believe. Technically we do not have to honor anything, as a retailer they can tell you to **** off, not sell you anything, not honor anything, not honor a price match guarantee, Ive worked there for about 7 years. TIs like buying a car, you may have bought it at $15k but then two weeks later they have it for 10K cuz of rebates, yer fuxored.
Tire kingdom owns NTB. When i call corporate, I dont get sears, I get Tire Kingdom.

Last edited by wordsthatiwrote; 07-21-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #10

Member #: 5228
Send a message via AIM to clumsykx
Check out my gallery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsthatiwrote View Post
Per their website, they say that they have a "price match guarantee ensures you always get the best deal in town."

They cannot locate any paperwork that states their terms and conditions. So how am I as a consumer to know what the policy entails.

From reading their website, I can deduce that best price no matter what. There are not any specific details

I obviously work for best buy.

30 day return/exchange policy. If the product you buy goes on sale at our store or a competitor, you can come to the store and get your money back.

NTB could and will not provide me with the terms and conditions of their "Price match guarantee"

If thats is the case, I may have a case for false advertising.

Im really considering Contacting the Better Business bureau and maybe a lawyer. Because even corporate will not work with me on this.

Did I mention that they sold me a Maximum Performance tire as an All-Season? I live in cleveland for F sake. Snow will destroy me. I asked them twice and very explicitly, " Is this an All-Season Tire?"

(F bomb)

Tire kingdom owns NTB. When i call corporate, I dont get sears, I get Tire Kingdom.
Good Call My foot is in my mouth. They sold that bitch on 03. anyways, good luck.
clumsykx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #11
Points: 5,484, Level: 47 Points: 5,484, Level: 47 Points: 5,484, Level: 47
Level up: 67%, 66 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0.6%
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Member #: 18993
magicaltaco117
Check out my gallery 

hmmm, but the tires at sears were on sale........ msot price match guarentees are for the regular retail price of the item
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger View Post
What the f*ck is happening in here!??! Its like robot chicken on crack! Random **** all over! Its like some kind of alien rape scene, with Barbra Walters interviewing a panda strung out on heroin, and Bill O'rielly slaughtering a dog while shitting on a penguin!!! Madness I tell you!
Apcsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #12

Check out my gallery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apcsox View Post
hmmm, but the tires at sears were on sale........ msot price match guarentees are for the regular retail price of the item
I work for best buy. 30 days on most products. If it goes on sale within the period, we will honor our sale as well as anyone else's sale.

Logic being that the company would rather give a partial amount back rather than return the entire product.

NTB called and said that I can stop by tomorrow to get things taken care of. I hope they know that I need 4 all-season tires.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
Points: 5,484, Level: 47 Points: 5,484, Level: 47 Points: 5,484, Level: 47
Level up: 67%, 66 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Activity: 0.6%
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Member #: 18993
magicaltaco117
Check out my gallery 

^best buys specific policy....... alot of places that proce match only pricematch regular retail, most places dont honor if the competitor is having a sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger View Post
What the f*ck is happening in here!??! Its like robot chicken on crack! Random **** all over! Its like some kind of alien rape scene, with Barbra Walters interviewing a panda strung out on heroin, and Bill O'rielly slaughtering a dog while shitting on a penguin!!! Madness I tell you!
Apcsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #14

Check out my gallery 

I would agree with you if they had terms that said, for example, " We price match any regular retail price before the items are purchased." That one sentence would have avoided all of this.

The manager at NTB said that Corporate said they didnt havea policy. So, they advertise a price match guarantee but fail to do so. I see that as false advertising.

On a brighter note. The manager from NTB is going to replace the tires with Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons. Unfortunatly for me, no one has a better price and the difference is 30 bucks in my favor. So after, two contacts with corporate office, I am getting kind of what I wanted.

Now I need to contact the Better Business Bureau to let them know that we may be resolving this conflict.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Banned

Member #: 14975
Check out my gallery 

Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Seasons very good choice. These are what I be looking at after the summer
BostonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 PM   #16

Check out my gallery 

Yeah, I cant afford two different tires. I need a year round one.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
CobaltSS
Chevy Cobalt

Paid Advertisement