Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, and IL

Offical Iowa Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get my car tuned, really bad! does anyone know any place that does tunes in Iowa
Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM

If your looking for a professional dyno tune. I've heard Rev Hard Inc in the Quad Cities.

Or you could let me do a street tune if your willing to go that route. As long as you don't have 60#s or a pulley smaller than 2.9.

All I'd do is calibrate the MAF, get the AFRs nice and neat and see what kind of timing adjustments you car will take. Torque Management and 1st gear boost is up to you but we can play with that also.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:29 PM

by the time we go to the track i will have ottp1 so could you still tune it? Or does it even need a tune because they send you a ecu from them that is already tuned by them, am i right?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinSamSC06
by the time we go to the track i will have ottp1 so could you still tune it? Or does it even need a tune because they send you a ecu from them that is already tuned by them, am i right?
they will give you a good canned tune.. I just recieved my OTT stg 1 today!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:36 PM

If your gonna get the OTTP stage 1 I wouldn't waste the $$ for a tune right now. Save your money towards the kit.

When you order the kit send them the PCM on your car for the new tune. I've read you need a CASE relearn if they send you their PCM. You'll have to go to the dealer or someone with a Tech 2 to have it done. Don't know what they'll charge.

If they're willing to email the tune I don't think they lock the tune so I'd still be able to make any fine tuning if needed. I'd first run a log of what the car is doing. I could check the MAF error, look at the AFR readings make sure your not getting any serious knock. If all is good then you really won't need to spend any $$ on having any tweaks done and I won't need to waste 2 credits. I've read their tunes are pretty good and I was taught "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM

yeah i am ordering ott in about two week i believe- im ordering my kpro-s tomorrow! pretty phsyced for that too!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by light'bolt
If your gonna get the OTTP stage 1 I wouldn't waste the $$ for a tune right now. Save your money towards the kit.

When you order the kit send them the PCM on your car for the new tune. I've read you need a CASE relearn if they send you their PCM. You'll have to go to the dealer or someone with a Tech 2 to have it done. Don't know what they'll charge.

If they're willing to email the tune I don't think they lock the tune so I'd still be able to make any fine tuning if needed. I'd first run a log of what the car is doing. I could check the MAF error, look at the AFR readings make sure your not getting any serious knock. If all is good then you really won't need to spend any $$ on having any tweaks done and I won't need to waste 2 credits. I've read their tunes are pretty good and I was taught "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
Exactly. I sent them my pcm first. it did take about a week and a half for my total transaction.. sending my pcm tuning and me getting my pcm with the rest of it back
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM

I hope to have my custom intake and DP soon so I can install them before spring. Hopefully get some nice gains from that.

Originally Posted by mattcossel29
Exactly. I sent them my pcm first. it did take about a week and a half for my total transaction.. sending my pcm tuning and me getting my pcm with the rest of it back
You'll have to let us know how the car runs when you get it together
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM

Any of you guys ever go to the autocross events put on by the SCCA? Now those are a blast. But I'm also ready to try out Eddyville again.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:46 PM

I vote we do Cedar Falls apposed to Eddyville. Went here once and broke a ****** axle. The track sucks, way too sticky, plus all you will get is **** from all the hicks down there with their big blocks. Plus, 1/4 mile> 1/8 mile.

If any of you guys have AIM we should get a chatroom going
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by ionREDLINEracer
Any of you guys ever go to the autocross events put on by the SCCA? Now those are a blast. But I'm also ready to try out Eddyville again.
I heard about some SCCA in Waterloo. At the bus station I think....

Originally Posted by effex80
I vote we do Cedar Falls apposed to Eddyville. Went here once and broke a ****** axle. The track sucks, way too sticky, plus all you will get is **** from all the hicks down there with their big blocks. Plus, 1/4 mile> 1/8 mile.

If any of you guys have AIM we should get a chatroom going
Good to know about Eddyville, I'd hate to break something and have to walk home.... I remember Cedar Falls was hard to hook, spun first and second

no AIM for me
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM

I have aim, light'bolt just DL it its free and quick, we need to get people together somehow in this damn state of ours, as for cedar falls i would be down to do it but not very often seeing as thats kinda far for me and ionredlineracer- as to where eddyville is kind of a half way point for us all- idk well get it figured out- as for SCCA that sounds like something i would really wanna do
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 AM

lol...yeah maybe we can have a several meets this spring and summer. Each time meet at a different track, get our own little point series race going...
Old 02-27-2009, 11:18 AM

ugh... this case relearn thing is bugging me. and there aren't (to my knowledge anyways; anyone who knows otherwise feel free to speak up) to many people in the cedar rapids area with hp tuners. so can i... do i need uh... screw it i'll just pm ottp lol
Old 02-27-2009, 11:33 AM

It would have been easier to keep your PCM and have somebody with HPT load the tune to your PCM. I read where OTT will email the file to you.

I have HPT here in Cedar.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by light'bolt
lol...yeah maybe we can have a several meets this spring and summer. Each time meet at a different track, get our own little point series race going...
yeah that could work!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:58 AM

lol... yeah, everybody who participates puts up some cash and at the end of the year who ever has the most points wins. Problem would be setting up the rules since I doubt the tracks will allow us to only race each other.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 PM

well at eddyville i raced who i wanted, you just gotta make sure ur sitting next to each other in the waiting pit then when u pull up if for some reason ur not lined up with who u wanna race u yell out to the race offical i wanna race (whoever it is u wanna race) and theyll have you back up and get beside the guy u wanna race so at eddyville it shouldnt be a problem!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM

so if i have them email me the tune would you be able to load it? or how does that work? i know basically nothing about tuning cars lol
Old 02-27-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by GPZRider96
so if i have them email me the tune would you be able to load it? or how does that work? i know basically nothing about tuning cars lol
ohh i feel ya bud! i cant wait to get my ottp1! well im more excited to lower it and take of the wing to tell u the truth!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by GPZRider96
If they are using HPTuners they'll have a .hpt file with the new tune for your car. I would download your original file from your PCM then cut and paste OTT's new tune and load the file back into the PCM. It'll cost 2 credits to do this though or 98 bucks if you want to go this route. The cheaper route would be to send your PCM to OTT.

If you have me do it I'll then give you the two files for your car. The first file I downloaded from the PCM, basically the stock GM file, and OTT's new tune. So if you ever want to go back to stock you'll have the file.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM

i'll just have you do it and i'll just pay for it. where i'm at right now i can't send in my pcm, so yea. it won't be actually installing it until sometime in march though. or maybe next weekend, depending on when it gets here.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM

I'll go ahead and order the 2 credits needed for your car then. I usually get the new application key in about 2-5 days, it'll be best to load the file when you do the install. Let me know when and where and I'll try to arrange my schedule accordingly.

I just noticed your info sez VA Beach?? Your cars not there is it?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM

awesome man thanks. naw the car is sitting in the parent's garage in vinton for the winter. i'm stationed in chicago at the moment for school (military) so i'm driving the 2001 pt bruiser and the SS is just kinda chilling. sucks because my wife is still in va beach

*just ordered my kit... extras/features/options: stage 2 belt, 7k rev limit, & no more torque management

i also selected "email me a tune file"
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM

I'm anxious to see how this will all turn out. Seems too easy, makes me kinda nervious.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Offical Iowa Thread