Modern Performance Modern Performance is a Supporting Vendor
contacts: Modernceo

Free oil change, Dyno, Leading Edge products event - Houston Texas !

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leading Edge is looking for Ion Redlines, Cobalt SS's, and Dodge SRT-4's for a special event in which their line of products (ie, engine oil, coolant additive and octane boosters) will be given to a select few, and dyno tested before and after. Leading Edge will pay for the dyno time, pay for the oil changes at a local shop called Carboy near us.

To make it even more special, a raffle will be held, and the person picked out of the participants will have free Leading Edge oil for 6 months !

Lastly, your car might be part of a commercial filmed for national television and on the Leading Edge website.

So, to summarize, if you participate in this special event in Houston Texas, Leading Edge will do the following for you :

Free Leading Edge synthetic motor oils
Free oil change done by Carboy in Houston Texas
Free dyno time
Free octane booster and radiator treatments
Possible chance for your car to be in advertisements and on Leading Edges website !

This is worth at least $100 to you in products, and dyno time !
Requirements:
Your car should be in, or near Houston Texas so that you can make it to this event.
Your car should be fairly stock, or with very limited bolt on products.
Your car should be near oil change time, and be NOT using Leading Edge products now.

Post if your interested, and we can arrange a date that will be suitable for everyone here. If you would, please post your contact phone number so we can get in touch with you.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor

Btw, we would like to have this event within the next two weeks.

To stress again, FREE synthetic oil change, dyno time, and other freebies !!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:50 PM

i live in houston and i've got a black SS cobalt i'd be willing to lend and i am interested
Old 07-19-2005, 11:51 PM

BTW my cell is (281)782-7702
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor

Shcw, excellent.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:38 PM

I live in Katy. My SS is new, less than 200 miles. Should I worry about stressing it out with so few miles. Should I give it a "break in"? I may come either way, sounds fun.

What is leading edge looking to do? I am not familiar with that product. Why is it better than say Mobil 1?

I work retail, so the sooner we have a date, the more likely I can make sure I have off!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor

Ok guys,
Steven at Leading Edge has arranged for it to happen July 30th at 9am, which is next Saturday. He will select 3 cars of each model, ie, SRT-4, Cobalt, etc, of which two will be dyno tested and have full oil change, and one will be backup in case one of the other two dont show up. Everyone that is selected will get the free products (Worth at least $60) but we will only be able to use two cars for dyno. We are now calling selected people who have posted their phone numbers to set up everything.

Schwv, thanks for participating, will post address shortly.
Hutnek, thats too low of a mileage to do a oil change/dyno, we would not be able to use your car. Thank you for posting though, and if you have a chance, i invite you to still come along on saturday to see the difference Leading Edge makes firsthand, and see some of their products.