New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Electrical issues with '08 Cobalt LT

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical issues with '08 Cobalt LT

My car has been having sone strange issues with the wiring/electrical.
The front passenger side speaker hasn't been working for months,
and the front drivers side speaker cuts in and out. I know it's not blown it sounds great when it's actually working.
also the lock button on my drivers side door hasn't been working for months either..

would it be worth it to just get new speakers as opposed to getting these fixed?
Old 02-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp94
My car has been having sone strange issues with the wiring/electrical.
The front passenger side speaker hasn't been working for months,
and the front drivers side speaker cuts in and out. I know it's not blown it sounds great when it's actually working.
also the lock button on my drivers side door hasn't been working for months either..

would it be worth it to just get new speakers as opposed to getting these fixed?
Do you have aftermarket head unit? Your speaker that cuts in and out could just have a bad connection somewhere, either external wiring to the speaker or bad wire inside the speaker. I don't know of anyone that fixes speakers and stock Cobalt speakers would definitely not be worth getting fixed even if it was possible. You can get decent aftermarket speakers relatively cheap.

The lock button is probably worn out and needs replaced or possibly loose wire. You could check it with an Ohm meter or test light and power source for functionality.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The speakers have never been changed. I will buy new ones. Thank you
Old 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
the contact pad on the back of the lock button is wore out. you could always just put a tiny piece of aluminum foil over it