New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

North central Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North central Ohio

Hello!

I managed to pick up a 2008 cobalt ss that was slightly wrecked.

Car is completely stock, however it seems like the parts have been replaced.

The car pulls around the road bad and the tpms, ABS, traction control light is on along with service airbag. The back left wheel bearing has slop in it so I believe this maybe the issue.

I plan on replacing the bushings and rear struts, I might get the BC coil over setup. hopefully this along with an alignment will really help with the way the car drives.

The engine builds boost, however sometimes, the rpms don't really climb after a few seconds and I don't feel much power

I keep getting an engine light for coolant temp being cold for too long.

I bought this car for 6k with 78k miles on it, bad deal?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
cars go for more or less in certain areas. hard to say if the deal is good or not. if youre happy, that's all that matters. first thing is get everything fixed, then worry about upgrades. compression test the car, boost leak test the car, change the fluids, get the tps replaced, replace the wheel bearing. find out which air bag sensor is throwing the code and replace it. not sure if junkyard parts could be used in these cases. the coolant temp code might be from a thermostat being broken or removed. that's the only thing I could think of throwing that error message.

once those things are done, get back to us.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I fixed multiple problems!

I ended up buying bluedriver OBD scanner with enhanced diagnostics, I like it.. kinda. I should've went with buying a tech2 I seems. However it did help pinpoint the abs/esc issue.
Turns out I needed to change both back bearings. They were both pretty bad so I'lol probably do both front next.

The car doesn't hop around like crazy anymore.. but when I get on rougher roads the car still moves all over the place. I'm able to turn the whole linkage by hand with the car off. Is this an electric power steering thing or is something wrong?