New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Picked up a Silver 2005 Cobalt SS to use as a DD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked up a Silver 2005 Cobalt SS to use as a DD!

Whats up bros! I just snagged a 2005 Cobalt SS with 150k miles on it to use as a DD while I turn my 2014 WRX Hatch into a weekend driver/track toy! I know with subarus theres lots of precautionary stuff to do with the turbos. Anything you longtime owners of these cars have any suggestions on what I can do to increase longevity with my DD?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SaltyBalt
Whats up bros! I just snagged a 2005 Cobalt SS with 150k miles on it to use as a DD while I turn my 2014 WRX Hatch into a weekend driver/track toy! I know with subarus theres lots of precautionary stuff to do with the turbos. Anything you longtime owners of these cars have any suggestions on what I can do to increase longevity with my DD?
I came from a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i and that thing was a dog. I'm happy that I found this SS and too would like to learn more about longevity with these motors.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I nearly broot a subaru wrx but my mum said no and I have heard they are really bad and all subarus constantly blowing motors and the pisstons are really week - I am very happy with my SS and apart from the squeeks in the rear deck when going over bumps but I will figure that out but otherwise it's been a grate first car for me. the next things I will do when I have a bit more money is some performance mods and then I will drive around and beat all the subarus!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
lsj from the 05-07 was motor of the year and are very good. can make up to 350whp safely stock with them. the lnf is a different beast altogether. 09 lnf engines from the 08-10 balts had porus block issues, other than that, these motors are awesome. can take between 400-450 whp stock easily safely with a good proper tune. some guys have pushed past 500whp on stock motor. I personally was at 400whp at 28 psi for 2 years no problems. lots of pulls on that to. so yes, they are awesome motors in these cars. lnf motor takes about $500 to put it past 300whp from stock. anything else u trolls want to know?? lol