Best hp improvement to install Water/Methanol Injection

Old 11-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best hp improvement to install Water/Methanol Injection

I just notice that there are 3 ways to inject water/methanol from ZZP products:

1. Drilling a hole into the intake pipe
2. Using the Throttlebody spacer plate with ports
3. Using the M62 spacer plate with ports

I wonder which is more effective and produces better results and which one is the most common?

Regarding brands, I think AEM has the best pump for its consistency. What do you think?

Which would be the correct way to setup a nitrous and methanol injection? together at the intake pipe?

Last edited by chrisjaldin; 11-29-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 AM

After the s/c would be the best because that has the best tendency to bring all the cooling and octane effects directly into the head and closest to the combustion chamber. Atomization doesn't matter here just look at fuel injector location. Closer = better.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 AM

So, M62 spacer would be better but that will require another belt because this ZZP spacer raise s/c 1/2".
Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 AM

i just got the zzp tb spacer with ports and run the lebante level 4 meth cuz i can control it all off a screen on my steering wheel
Old 11-19-2010, 01:17 PM

AEM meth filter is necessary?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM

I just got an email of a AEM assistant saying that the best place is in the intake pipe to give time for atomization. What do you think?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM

More opinions? thoughts? or experiences...
Old 12-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Is there a big difference injecting below the blower than on throttle body spacer??
Old 12-05-2010, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisjaldin
Is there a big difference injecting below the blower than on throttle body spacer??
i had mine injected in the intake tube for a month but i got a good deal on a tb spacer so i took my intake meth tap off the intake and its chillen in my garage now , i didnt dyno either so i cant tell you if there's a power difference, afrs and iat's were the same in both situations thou !
Old 12-05-2010, 07:13 PM

According the AEM specialities, it should be on the intake pipe to give the alcohol mix time for atomization but Tim, from ZZP and others, that the closer to the combustion chamber the better, atomization doesn't matter...

Originally Posted by SunburstSS
i had mine injected in the intake tube for a month but i got a good deal on a tb spacer so i took my intake meth tap off the intake and its chillen in my garage now , i didnt dyno either so i cant tell you if there's a power difference, afrs and iat's were the same in both situations thou !
Old 12-11-2010, 12:21 AM

In search of my best possible setup of water/meth injection, I gather up some information from water methanol vendedors followed by their links for more information:

DevilsOwn: ..." Option 6, Intake manifold, this option is best for max cooling."...

Where to locate your alcohol-water injection nozzle

Snow Performance: ..."Positive Displacement Supercharger: Roots style (B&M, Eaton, Magnuson, etc.) or twin screw (Lysholm, Kenne Bell, Whipple, etc.) Mounting the nozzle before this style of blower is perfectly safe and actually provides some additional benefits. The small amount of water-methanol fluid isn’t harmful to any rotor seals or surfaces or coatings, and it helps to seal the clearances and condense the air some more, resulting in a more efficient output. Additionally, it keeps the rotors and housing MUCH cooler, which reduces heat transfer to the rest of the intake and air charge."...

Link: Snow Performance: FAQ gasoline

AEM:.. "The nozzle should be placed in your intake pipe, before the throttle body. You want to give the methanol time to atomize with the air before entering into the engine"...(email from eliu@aempower.com, link shows graphs of what he said)

AEM Water/Methanol Systems for Gasoline Engines - Water/Meth Kits - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics

And Zommer from ZZP, told me: below the blower.

So, at the end, which is the best place to put the nozzle and output most boost and hp?
wanna hear some opinions.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor

Hoesty just mount the nozzles where ist most convent. Its kinda like splitting hairs.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chrisjaldin
AEM meth filter is necessary?
Yes, it is safer to have the filter in place in case the meth mixture has dirt/ tiny rocks or particles in it, which it could lead to damage to the meth nozzle or TB or intake manifold or the engine.. if your running "meth tune" and a piece of gets stuck in the nozzle, you could possibly damage the motor because of knock, timing, fuel, etc..

I'll just say this - it's better to be safe then sorry.. i know it's happen to me..
Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 PM

tested both, one at the throttle body spacer and had e on my after market intake about 5 inches from the throttle body. the nozzle(s) being placed in the intake gives you stronger and more broad power curve. there was a 4 horse power advantage over the sprayer being at the throttle body spacer. this seems to work better as your boost is climbing and able to have the methanol start at a lower boost level. All you have to do from this point is trim your fuel level input down to accommodate for the methanol. a few things were trial and error, but these steps gave me the best hp results. I have the Intense stage 4 with a 2.6 instead of 2.7 pulley w/60lb injectors, weapon-r intake, 75mm throttle body & a (spacer not be used), Bad-Mab shorty header 3" flange, 3" downpipe w/o cat, megan 3" cat-back, dual-pass end plate and a added intercooler after stock intercooler and some head work done. Had inside of supercharger machined were it connects to the throttle body to allow enough clearance for the larger throttle body.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM

i put mine in the intake mani right next to each intake track on the head
Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 AM

so far i got the spacer with meth ports but could it also be used for nitrous, and honestly if using both do they spray at the same time
Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM

you could reuse the ports yes, as far as running them both at the same time will not in the same port lol you'll need another. and meth and nitrous have separate "windows" for when they spray, and they may (probably do) overlap. I haven't read of many people doing this but there shouldn't be any issues if you're using them for the right reasons and in the right places.