Nitrous Oxide N20
View Poll Results: What brand are you running?
NOS
34.15%
Nitrous Express
7.32%
DynoTune
14.63%
Venom
0%
Zex
34.15%
Other
9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Brands

Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Haha yeah. Owells, we haz good minds!

Yeah, my moms getting me the Modern Performance "SS" embroidered floormatts for Christmas, and then my tax return is funding a white SS/TC front lip and the Dyno Tune wet kit. And thats pretty much the only things going on with my car right now.
Nothing wrong with that at all. I have a whole list that I'm gonna have to start buying after Christmas to get my car where I want it to be next summer. And I want the front lip too. Always have just haven't bought it. I love our exhaust/ rear bumper combination though.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by redssna
Nothing wrong with that at all. I have a whole list that I'm gonna have to start buying after Christmas to get my car where I want it to be next summer. And I want the front lip too. Always have just haven't bought it. I love our exhaust/ rear bumper combination though.
Yeah, the 2.4's rear facia looks much better with the N2 than the SS/SC IMO.

I wasn't gonna do the front lip until I bottomed up my front bumper in a parking garage. First and LAST time I ever try parking in a parking garage. Got a few tiny scratches under the front bumper where it curves up....but its enough to make me want the lip now, lol. I'm just THAT ****. I want the new mats b/c I basically havent't done anything with my interior save for the TWM shifter and the pure white Gamin Nuvi 205 GPS...if you even wanna count that as a mod, lol. Plus I got mad pedal wear/hole on my driver's side mat.

As for the nitrous.....getting that in spring. At that point i'll be living with 2 of my 3 best friends, as we're all getting a house together with a garage, and all 3 of my best friends are car junkies (Jeff, '06 STI with basic bolt-ons, Kris, '05 Focus (boosted + mad), suspension work) and Michael, '01 Trans Am w/ basic bolt-ons)......which means we're gonna rip my car apart like some mad scientists and hopefully do a very clean install as well. Bottle is going in the trunk on the right side (adjacent to the factory sub), controls will be mounted in that little compartment where the trunk pop is, and i'll be getting a CA column mount gauge pod to house a Dyno Tune digital nitrous pressure gauge (white face/silver bezel to match the factory interior). Should be dope.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 AM

Yeah, the 2.4's rear facia looks much better with the N2 than the SS/SC IMO.

I wasn't gonna do the front lip until I bottomed up my front bumper in a parking garage. First and LAST time I ever try parking in a parking garage. Got a few tiny scratches under the front bumper where it curves up....but its enough to make me want the lip now, lol. I'm just THAT ****. I want the new mats b/c I basically havent't done anything with my interior save for the TWM shifter and the pure white Gamin Nuvi 205 GPS...if you even wanna count that as a mod, lol. Plus I got mad pedal wear/hole on my driver's side mat.

As for the nitrous.....getting that in spring. At that point i'll be living with 2 of my 3 best friends, as we're all getting a house together with a garage, and all 3 of my best friends are car junkies (Jeff, '06 STI with basic bolt-ons, Kris, '05 Focus (boosted + mad), suspension work) and Michael, '01 Trans Am w/ basic bolt-ons)......which means we're gonna rip my car apart like some mad scientists and hopefully do a very clean install as well. Bottle is going in the trunk on the right side (adjacent to the factory sub), controls will be mounted in that little compartment where the trunk pop is, and i'll be getting a CA column mount gauge pod to house a Dyno Tune digital nitrous pressure gauge (white face/silver bezel to match the factory interior). Should be dope.
Damn sounds like it. I had to laugh about the wear hole in the mat because I have the exact same thing. As far as the house situation goes that doesn't sound half bad either. Slowswap only lives like 15 minutes away so it's not to bad. And It's very nice having the garage to do installs. I wish that more of my friends were really into cars. I guess I'll have to start hanging out with more people from here and what not.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have $1100 worth of dynotune stuff already sitting around. I can't wait to pick up the last few pieces and get it in the car. Me and slowswap are going to try and do a very time consuming and clean install. Next summer should be fun. O and for the record WhiteSSBalt I bought mine first this time haha. I swear our cars keep getting more and more modded and are still practically the same car.
Wow you managed to spend $1100 at dynotune and are not complete yet? wtf are you buying... lol.... They have some awesome prices.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 AM

I don't use nitrous. But if I did I would use NOS............because it's in Fast and the Furious YO!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by SK360
Wow you managed to spend $1100 at dynotune and are not complete yet? wtf are you buying... lol.... They have some awesome prices.
The EFI 4,6 Cyl kit, window switch, electronic throttle position sensor,air fuel loan out switch, digital nitrous pressure gauge, blow down tube, bottle heater, purge kit, control panel with all 4 switches (made for the vette but I'd like to custom mount it). Thats I think most of what I have. I'm buying a remote bottle opener, LM-2 wideband, and possibly some new billet bottle brackets if I have some extra cash. I'm going for the better safe than sorry theory. Add it all up and you're talking right around $2,000. But I'd have to agree Dynotune does have some good prices on stuff. Not to mention I'm a much bigger fan of having the all black and silver components than purple or blue.

Edit: The saddest part is I probably could have gotten the job done with just the $400 basic starter kit ha ha.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 PM

yeah my kit that i am looking at from ZEX is this

wet kit 82021
window switch 82085
racer tuning kit 82001

and a controller (15534) from NX if I have extra money but i wouldn't need to run.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 PM

It's all about what works for you I guess. For me, well I just have an undying need to have more toys so I've decided to buy everything I can. Some people just like to keep it simple which is perfectly respectable.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Not a Sebring

It's all about what works for you I guess. For me, well I just have an undying need to have more toys so I've decided to buy everything I can. Some people just like to keep it simple which is perfectly respectable.
I wish I had your kinda money, lol.

I had to take out a small loan just to get tires and have a door ding removed.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:16 PM

My new work in progress.. Most is HSW. Wires are hanging loose, not connected yet, will be much better hidden.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM

I wish I had your kinda money, lol.

I had to take out a small loan just to get tires and have a door ding removed.
Ha ha I'm still sticking with my argument of you having 19's. But yea I can't say I have it all bad. I make pretty good money and if I'm smart about it shouldn't really have any problems making my car into what I really want. If I sold a few things I could have the thing done next month. Not seeing that happening though. I'll just buckle down for a bit. Coilovers, C/F hood and trunk, slicks or radials, and obviously the rest of the nitrous setup are all on the list and should be here by the beginning of next summer.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Not a Sebring

Ha ha I'm still sticking with my argument of you having 19's. But yea I can't say I have it all bad. I make pretty good money and if I'm smart about it shouldn't really have any problems making my car into what I really want. If I sold a few things I could have the thing done next month. Not seeing that happening though. I'll just buckle down for a bit. Coilovers, C/F hood and trunk, slicks or radials, and obviously the rest of the nitrous setup are all on the list and should be here by the beginning of next summer.
Haha like I said, I did most of whats done to my car while I lived with my parents two years ago. I got a few odds and ends over the past year and a half like the sway bar and trans mount bushings last Christmas from my now ex-girlfriend, and I bought the color matched hood strut, Outerwears pre-filter, Modern Performance polished oil filler cap, VHT nightshaded tails/sidemarkers, had it HP Tuners tuned, and the wingless trunk since i've been on my own.

But money is hella tight.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Haha like I said, I did most of whats done to my car while I lived with my parents two years ago. I got a few odds and ends over the past year and a half like the sway bar and trans mount bushings last Christmas from my now ex-girlfriend, and I bought the color matched hood strut, Outerwears pre-filter, Modern Performance polished oil filler cap, VHT nightshaded tails/sidemarkers, had it HP Tuners tuned, and the wingless trunk since i've been on my own.

But money is hella tight.
It doesn't sound like you're doing to bad. I wish I could move back home at times ha ha. I picked up all the nitrous stuff, drag bags, WOT box and a rhd civic hatch which I'm thinking I'd like to sell. Christmas is kind of killing me for cash flow right now though. Plus side of not having a girlfriend is that I don't have to spend any more money. And I'm bad when it comes to girls as far as spending money on them. But I do need to work on that too lol.

Last edited by redssna; 12-11-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:17 AM

i like zex for the easy install and very simple to run.. my zex doesnt spray if its over 1150psi says my digital n2o pressure gauge
Old 12-12-2008, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SK360
My new work in progress.. Most is HSW. Wires are hanging loose, not connected yet, will be much better hidden.

That looks like it should be a whole lot of fun once you finish it up.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:48 AM

I have a full zex wet kit for sale and all the parts! if anyone interested PM me!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:46 AM

That looks like it should be a whole lot of fun once you finish it up.
Ohhh yeah