North Central ND, SD, MN, and WI

North Dakota ?? Anyone else here??

Old 04-18-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravotus
That would be awesome, we'll maybe have to do that sometime. Still debating if I want to order sportlines....
Lol I just realized I typed tuning instead of advance your TIMING. Oops lol

So my 60's tune and 2.8 should be here this coming week, just gotta put my heat exchanger in now along with the stu mod
Old 04-18-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Gauges In!!!!! Cooling Mod ideas for Infra???!!!

so dudes check it out!!!!.....

Got my gauges in....only got the AeroForce funtioning rite now...AutoMeter AFR Gauge still need to get my O2 Bung in my Downpipe b4 the Cat....or mite just possibly buy a new downpipe with no-Cat soon!!!! me still waitin on my correct pulley from ZZP and the adjustable tensioner as well!!!! Only way my 2.7 gonna fit...so my car is not quite dun!!!! but hopefully by the end of the week I have her runnin top notch!!!
The dualpass is fricken awsum...haven't sen IAT2 temps over 145 yet!!! b4 they hit like 180 at times!!!

Originally Posted by InfraRedline
Lol I just realized I typed tuning instead of advance your TIMING. Oops lol

So my 60's tune and 2.8 should be here this coming week, just gotta put my heat exchanger in now along with the stu mod
Infra....u really outta do the dualpass b4 you go bout doin the other cooling mod thingy....i had my option B tank installed without the dualpass plate and it didn't change much for Air Temps...did the dualpass and it way cooler....the option B added bout 3/4 gal also....and instead of using a .040 oriface in the bleed line for "air only"...i put a .125 oriface inline of the 1/4" (.25) tubing...so that a lil more coolant flows into the overflow tank and pushes the cooled standing water thru the system!!! it's like 3x more coolant flow over the GM setup which doesn't flow **** thru the overflow (just uses it as airbleeder;oriface is so small it's "just a dribble of my dick" flow of coolant that comes out)....with the .125 (1/8-to-1/4 barb fitting inside the tube) it circulates ALL the coolant more efficiently!!

The laminova tubes flow a **** ton over there outer edge compared to the internal tubing (which has bout a 1/8 hole on one end to divert flow around to the outer edge) so the cooling wouldn't be affected by the .125 oriface at all reality....theorectically anyways!!! once you take the tubes out of your intake and flip them you will totally understand if you haven't seen them already!!! (if you do the dualpass)
Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Looking good jesse! I got the steering column pod, ill post a pic here if i can find one. As for cooling mods, I think ill eventually do the option b dualpass but for now Ill throw on the cobra h/e and do the stu mod. That mod will come in handy at the track this summer!

Here is a pic of my pod. Boost and wideband

Last edited by InfraRedline; 04-20-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2009, 04:00 PM

lookin decent, thought you already had a boost gauge in the ions??....i wanna get the dual pod in the cobalt cluster that sit in each corner, also... mainly cuz they don't get in the way of the rest of the gauges, like the center mount pod over the steering wheel style!!! but i duno what i would put in them anyways since the interceptor pretty much show it all already!!! but that be WAY later...after the turbo dualcharge is in (that next winter)

...yesterday i was cruizin for sumtime...@ 60F i was gettin 84F IAT2 just drivin and max boost over a 5 minute time of just thrashin on it hard out in the country the highest IAT2 i seen was 138F and it took bout 2 minutes for it to get back down to 90F where it sat til i got home basically!!! but i wasn't BOOSTIN at full potential cuz of the damn belt slip issues n bullshit.....still waitin on my damn tensioner/pulley from ZZP!! you can really tell when you get above about 14-15 psi, temps just start jumpin huge.....but then my belt started slippin HUGE too!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM

Damn you gotta get that tensioner!

The comp package redlines came with boost gauge and ladder tach along with LSD and gunmetal rims. The non comp ones didnt have boost gauge so I picked up an autometer. I would switch it out anyways cause yours is electronic and reads off the MAP sensor. Mine is mechanical and reads off a vacuum line
Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM

I need a wideband i have the tvs coming and i am going to need one for when i tune the a/f and everything anyone selling?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:24 AM

I dont know anyone selling one but I recommend the AEM EUGO. I have that and love it! I'll ask around and see what I can find though

Now that I know your getting the TVS you HAVE to come to the track with us!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 PM

HAVEN'T GOT MY BUNG IN MY CAR FOR MY O2 SENSOR....but the AutoMeter SportComp matches very well to the rest of the gauges in the cobalt!!!! TVS...nice gotta see this **** n it easy as hell to swap the charger too!!! Interceptor looks ballin too!!!!

I think my car is gettin spark blowout...put the tensioner on and seems to do it sooner now cuz the belt not slippin n it actually gettin boost!!! i got like 34 misfires last nite when i tried to take it to 6k....my boost was over 16psi n not soundin' nice like it should!!!! So i gon order new Iridium IX's n hopefully it will change, unless i just really have a shitty ****** tune in now...dunno but it pissin' me off!!!!!

Anybody been to "Tuner Tuesday" over at BurgerKing in mandan yet???
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by InfraRedline
I dont know anyone selling one but I recommend the AEM EUGO. I have that and love it! I'll ask around and see what I can find though

Now that I know your getting the TVS you HAVE to come to the track with us!
Sounds good what track do you go to?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Jesse, I was at tuner Tuesday this week with the guys I work with and jake octenburg. And to me it sounds like your tune is fubar. Are you getting knock?

Roderick, we go to the track in sabin, right outside of Moorhead. I can't remember what its called though
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM

Damnit!!!! I Startin To Hate My Car Now!!! Disgusted!!!

I'VE ONLY HAD 1 DEGREE OF KNOCK RETARD AND THAT HAS ONLY HAPPENED ONCE.....IT'S LIKE AS SOON AS IT HITS RITE ROUND THE 16 PSI MARK IT STARTS ****** UP....according to other posts i've read, the 1 step colder plugs will blowout after bout 15-16psi (what i had bought for my previous GM StageII w 2.8 setup) So that is why i getting misfires, according to posts anyways, from what i can figure out!! and that kinda my fault, i had forgot i only got 1 step til i had went thru my invoices N READ!!!

The tune i have is the ZZP tune for 60's n down to 2.6....so unless they gave me a shitty tune, i dunno!! At this point i gettin 2step colder plugs to see if that it....after that i'm outa ideas til i can get proper tuning!!! unless my fuel is crap....but can't tell til i get my bung welded in or buy new catless DP (which i think i just mite do)

I'm bout gettin sick of dealin with them at this point...been havin troubles comminucatin with them on a timely matter....ordered my stuff back on march 13....it's april 24 now n still goin back n forth across stupid fukin email bullshit, ther fone numbers or faxes are busy 24/7...great business i guess!!! for the $3000+ i've spent with them across the couple years i would think they would be a lil better at this point....but this is enuf bitchin, just had to release that to sum1, anyone who's readin
Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Yeah sounds frustrating! Well i have a tune coming REAL soon for my car and it just happens to be for 2.8/60's and full catless exhaust! We will have to put that MAF table in yours and see how it works! I got it from OTTP. Hopefully the plugs and tune help!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Chris's Red SS got sold from Dvorak!!!

I C that sum1 bought the Red SS Cobalt that chris use to own...the one that was @ Dvorak Motors!!!! Looked to be a younger guy round my age!!!! cruized by n he nodded at me while i was like "damnit...another SS back in town!!!!" But ohh well it'
s bound to happen thet'll get cheap here soon!!! hopefully he gets on here n starts gettin with the rest of us!!!
Chris had alot of **** for that car....don't know that he ever put it in b4 he traded it off or what not...i remember when i had just my Stage II kit n he had the Header n Downpipe combo with the exhaust n the intake on it and he was pretty close behind me...spinnin the one wheel wonder tranny pretty good, while i just launch with my LSD
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 AM

I have chris's header and dp lol. And his was G85, be he couldnt launch, I took him off the line in my one wheel wonder! Only thing that stayed on the car was the cat back but with the stock muffler. Everything else was sold. His car could have been fast but it was on the stock tune with no cooling mods with 60's and a 2.4 pulley. Its honestly a miracle it didnt blow up lol
Old 04-27-2009, 03:56 PM

hmmm I dunno

he told me it was LSD too....but there is no way it could be, cuz when we took off his passenger wheel was spinnnin off the hook and his driver wheel (the one i could see) was just goin with the flow.....at least that what it looked like to me, unless he was just slippin the clutch HORRIBLY!!!
He didn't have Recaro SS seating....G85 pkg comes with Recaro and LSD....i had to pay for the option/location finder/special order out on mine when i bought it brand new!!! It was way better then the one wheel wonder!!! So he must have put it in after market or dealer installed....he had the "special" color matched inserts on his seats, which included heated seats....option you don't get with the G85 Recaros/LSD option...i should look at my MSRP Invoice n see what it cost me for my order out again!!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:51 PM

Oh I thought I remebered recaros in his. I guess not. At least I have em! Haha

So the 60's and 2.8 should go in this weekend whenever I get my tune
Old 04-29-2009, 05:19 AM

Midwest CED MEET (video)

Check out here!
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...27#post3792027
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM

hey taylor....as soon as u can...we need to met up so i can grab the HP Tuner thingy so i can run sum scans n send them to ZZP...he just emailed me n told me to send him sum scansso he can se whats goin on with my car!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:32 PM

Yeah that sounds good Jesse. I'm just waiting for my tune to come so I can flash it in and that should be here this week!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Awsum!!!!

Thanks to Infra 4 da HP Tuners...man my car is way nicer to drive now!!!! Low end better, not great...n Infra, dude you seen the top end first hand!!! IT SCREAMS!!!!! ZZP workin wit me on da tune after i get them a few more scans of what goin on!!!

RODERICK...you get that TVS in yet?? i just wanna see it...even if you don't have it on you car yet!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:23 PM

No problem mang! It seems to work real nice like now lol! Hopefully zzp can get it all figured out the rest of the way like the idle and stuff. And hopefully my tune gets here soon so i can rip even harder, even though it pulls good for a 2.9 setup
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM

wouldn't ya know it

so there i am saturday nite just getin groceries n bluray for the nite....and blah.....
my shofiter moves round in all sorts of shapes and has no "gear selection" (i can literally move in the shape of the box the gear shifter sits in) so i figure my cable broke or sumshit!!! hopefully still covered by warrenty on powertrain side 5yr/60.....all out of cars total 3yr/36....if not i hope aftermarket warrenty kiks in for a $100 deductible!!! DAMNIT!!

**** ME OFFF, just get my car tuned decent and wanna do sum sample recordings for the dudes @ ZZP and this has to happen....BULLSHIT!!!! so monday she gon get towed to da chevy shop!!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 PM

I bet its the roll pin in the shift linkage. Happens a lot to these cars. Most guys just replace it with a bolt so it doesnt break again. Should be an easy fix! Hopefully thats all it is! Mention that to them so they know what to look for
Old 05-12-2009, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm from North Dakota. I live in Petersburg, but i'm goin to school at UND. I only have the ls though.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM

anyone on here the ones that were driving around wahpeton today with the blue ss that i kept passing and wavin at??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Dakota ?? Anyone else here??