North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Any one in Delaware out there

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CudaJoe
... I got a pull with my neighbors 11+ bama tuned mustang. It was pretty intense, I was surprised I was accelerating roughly the same speed as him. Pretty sure he started to pull at the end of third haha.
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/war-...8/#post7567340

For those interested.

Mike K
Old 09-28-2015, 05:41 PM

Does the Delaware cobalt crew ever get together for meets?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by TedSS
Does the Delaware cobalt crew ever get together for meets?
It used too, but a lot of people moved on. Or in Dave's case, the car hasnt been running for a year. I used to go to the maryland group meets if they were at the cecil drag way. Now I dont do anything anymore because im 30 and and new dad. Its exhausting just doing anything anymore.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 PM

It used too, but a lot of people moved on. Or in Dave's case, the car hasnt been running for a year. I used to go to the maryland group meets if they were at the cecil drag way. Now I dont vdo anything anymore because im 30 and and new dad. Its exhausting just doing anything anymore.
That sucks, maybe I'll have to meet up with the cecil crew one of these days. I feel ya on being exhausted, I'm 30 also, I don't have any kids though. I work 60 hours during the summer time and after work I don't do ****, I have all of my free time during the winter. So your SS is a dad-mobile now, huh? lol
Old 09-30-2015, 02:58 AM

New shoes for Cruise week. I had planned on ******* up some S4's down in OC for H2Oi but looks like the hurricane is ******* those plans.

Name:  O7zKxwR.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  989.5 KB
Old 09-30-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by EFoxwell
New shoes for Cruise week. I had planned on ******* up some S4's down in OC for H2Oi but looks like the hurricane is ******* those plans.

Looks good, yeah, I dont think anyones going to be driving too wreckless down there this year lmao.

But you can bet the VW people are going to still drive like ********.

That sucks, maybe I'll have to meet up with the cecil crew one of these days. I feel ya on being exhausted, I'm 30 also, I don't have any kids though. I work 60 hours during the summer time and after work I don't do ****, I have all of my free time during the winter. So your SS is a dad-mobile now, huh? lol
It was a dad mobile in the beginning, months 1-5. He's too big for the car seat that can fit in my car, now if hes going somewhere, we take the SUV. Mainly because you gotta have a stroller, a pack n play, maybe a bouncer. None of that is going to fit in the cobalt, let alone the car seat that we got which is good till 2 years old. Its huge and id have to slide the front seats too far forward for me to drive.

Having a kid is like drowning, having two kids is like drowning and someone handing you a baby. Im not ready for two kids, though the wife maybe. Our kid is 8 months old now and I finally got the wife to go back to work. She was angry and told me im a slave driver...
Old 09-30-2015, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It used too, but a lot of people moved on. Or in Dave's case, the car hasnt been running for a year. I used to go to the maryland group meets if they were at the cecil drag way. Now I dont do anything anymore because im 30 and and new dad. Its exhausting just doing anything anymore.
thanks for the reminder DICK! lol.

mine will be out soon. have to run my 5th injector line and wires to the inside, prime the motor of oil, cut and weld my hot side pipe to fit then just throw the front end back together so shouldn't be much longer if I can get a break from this ******* rain. I also drive a white TBSS that's loud and obnoxious, might have seen you before. I live in bear.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by dcrep06
well I thought it was okay to say it now since your so close to getting it running again. Its going to be raining until Tuesday. My car is basically a daily for me. Its not going to get any faster than it is. I dont plan on upgrading anything unless it breaks.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:48 PM

Looks good, yeah, I dont think anyones going to be driving too wreckless down there this year lmao.

But you can bet the VW people are going to still drive like ********.

It was a dad mobile in the beginning, months 1-5. He's too big for the car seat that can fit in my car, now if hes going somewhere, we take the SUV. Mainly because you gotta have a stroller, a pack n play, maybe a bouncer. None of that is going to fit in the cobalt, let alone the car seat that we got which is good till 2 years old. Its huge and id have to slide the front seats too far forward for me to drive.

Having a kid is like drowning, having two kids is like drowning and someone handing you a baby. Im not ready for two kids, though the wife maybe. Our kid is 8 months old now and I finally got the wife to go back to work. She was angry and told me im a slave driver...
Props to you man lol. I don't plan on ever having kids, my friends that have kids are like "dude don't ever have kids, your life will be over". My sister has 4 kids and I'll go to her house, open the door and I'll have to dodge a bunch of nerf gun bullets or ill get lit up. I stay for 20 minutes and I'm like I'm done, I got my kid fix I can't take no more or my head is going to explode. I don't know how she does it.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:57 PM

mine will be out soon. have to run my 5th injector line and wires to the inside, prime the motor of oil, cut and weld my hot side pipe to fit then just throw the front end back together so shouldn't be much longer if I can get a break from this ******* rain. I also drive a white TBSS that's loud and obnoxious, might have seen you before. I live in bear.
I'm in bear once in a while, bUT not too often.. A picture of my car is in my profile so check it out so you can keep an eye out for it. The rain will be over soon but it's gonna get kinda chilly outside. I wanna go to the track before they close, I think they close In the beginning of November. Would you be down to go to the track or na? By the way, who tunes your car?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:47 PM

well I thought it was okay to say it now since your so close to getting it running again. Its going to be raining until Tuesday. My car is basically a daily for me. Its not going to get any faster than it is. I dont plan on upgrading anything unless it breaks.
haha, yea close but not done yet. ordered a new block for my 5th injector, got my filter on its way. 15qts of oil on its way lol. about to order my manual boost controller now. finally got a line to run the 5th injector also.

I'm in bear once in a while, bUT not too often.. A picture of my car is in my profile so check it out so you can keep an eye out for it. The rain will be over soon but it's gonna get kinda chilly outside. I wanna go to the track before they close, I think they close In the beginning of November. Would you be down to go to the track or na? By the way, who tunes your car?
haha, I want kids. but not any time soon. my girl still has about 2 more years to get her masters, and im planning on getting my commission in the air force as a flight navigator, which ill be away for like 2years for training. but god damn when I get a full time job with the guard in that position, cha ching! lol. so im ok with kids. but yea, this rain needs to go the **** away so I can do racecar things already. I don't care about the chilly weather, rather it be cold than hot when it comes to working on the cars. but yea, usually its the first week of November they shut down cecil. im not gonna be racing this season though, next year when I get back from Kuwait its game time. going to zzp to get my tune from matt m then hitting the track.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:12 AM

Ted, I just saw all your posted questions in the other threads, haha. In this site, if you bring up anything about a ZZP products, tunes by James Rakes Hagerman, religion, or US politics, the threads grow more than two pages.

Torque steer will get better with better tires. The acceleration after a tune is pretty awesome. Hptuners is a software you can buy and tune yourself with. ZZP uses HPtuners so thats pretty cool they can update your tune probably for a fee as needed.

Heres a good comparison of tune, no tune racing a s2000. Bolt ons with the stock tune gain no power what so ever, probably the wierdest thing I found about these cars but also pretty neat so my boltons with the stock tune dont matter in these video.

stock tune vs s2k

HPtuned vs s2k

playing them side by side is hilarious
Old 10-02-2015, 07:13 AM

FEAR NO TORQUE STEER! grip that ******* wheel and hang on! lol. is your trans LSD? I don't think the tires will have a big effect on it to be honest. but get some trans mounts from powell, that will keep everything from moving and hoping. it will just plant those wheels into the ground. I had 400wtq and had no issues with torque steer.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 AM

ted, if youre stock, I have bolt ons to sell you I don't need them anymore.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM

ted, if youre stock, I have bolt ons to sell you I don't need them anymore.
I'm stock, what kind of goodies do you have?
Old 10-02-2015, 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=CudaJoe;7568737]Ted, I just saw all your posted questions in the other threads, haha. In this site, if you bring up anything about a ZZP products, tunes by James Rakes Hagerman, religion, or US politics, the threads grow more than two pages.

Torque steer will get better with better tires. The acceleration after a tune is pretty awesome. Hptuners is a software you can buy and tune yourself with. ZZP uses HPtuners so thats pretty cool they can update your tune probably for a fee as needed.

Heres a good comparison of tune, no tune racing a s2000. Bolt ons with the stock tune gain no power what so ever, probably the wierdest thing I found about these cars but also pretty neat so my boltons with the stock tune dont matter in these

Dan joe you totally beat that s2000 like it was nothing. He was probably too embarrassed to tell his friends that he got beat by a 4 door sleeper cobalt lol.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:19 PM

I have Hahn charge pipes, Hahn intake, the forge BPV which is a must because the stock one is junk and sometimes gets stuck ( causes too much boost, or very little), and I have a turboxs catless downpipe. just trying to free up some space before I deploy and could use some extra money so trying to push these. im gonna post them on facebook tonight probably, try to at least.......wanted to last night but started tearing down the old block instead lol. definitely was a cracked passage cuz the headgasket was all good lol.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:26 PM

I have Hahn charge pipes, Hahn intake, the forge BPV which is a must because the stock one is junk and sometimes gets stuck ( causes too much boost, or very little), and I have a turboxs catless downpipe. just trying to free up some space before I deploy and could use some extra money so trying to push these. im gonna post them on facebook tonight probably, try to at least.......wanted to last night but started tearing down the old block instead lol. definitely was a cracked passage cuz the headgasket was all good lol.
How much do you want for your downpipe and forge BPV?
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM

don't want the other stuff? come onnnnn, you know you want it.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:04 PM

don't want the other stuff? come onnnnn, you know you want it.
Lol I do but I don't have the money for it. I'll definitely buy the downpipe and bpv. I was actually getting ready to buy a downpipe from the zzp website, but I'll hold up and see if you wanna part yours out.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 AM

I will PM you my number
Old 10-06-2015, 11:28 AM

blah blah blah

cobalts are lame and gay

blah blah blah

Old 10-06-2015, 11:30 AM

Lol I do but I don't have the money for it. I'll definitely buy the downpipe and bpv. I was actually getting ready to buy a downpipe from the zzp website, but I'll hold up and see if you wanna part yours out.
*in creepy aisle drug dealer voice*

hey man..... wanna buy some stage 2 tranny mounts? they'll get rid of that wheel hop....

you know you want too, all your friends are doing it....

welcome to the forum and seriously, are you interested in the mounts? let me know.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:32 PM

says the gay that had a man van and now an old mans cadi.......that drives like an old man. lol.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:19 AM

says the gay that had a man van and now an old mans cadi.......that drives like an old man. lol.
hey remember that time i came to your house in the middle of the night and removed the oil drain plug in the TBSS?

Quick Reply: Any one in Delaware out there