North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Any one in Delaware out there

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got vtec and ecotec. wat now bitches?!!! found a throttle body for $20 plus shipping sooo it should fix my idle issue...if so all i gotta do is get my oil feed line and my gasket and its good
Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by jphugel11
I bought my sedan at Williams Chevrolet in Elkton, MD. It's Imperial Blue. (basically dark blue) Does anyone know anything about the upgrade for the turbo SS? I have been waiting so long. I want to keep my warranty, plus it's supposed to be a decent increase in power.
well congrats on the purchase

as for the upgrades performance wise, there are tons of options out there. you can do intake, intercooler, intercooler piping, downpipe and catback... but what sucks is that once you install those parts the vehicles computer will do what is called a relearn. so then your car will basically return itself back to stock performance. the only way to really bring out the performance of the vehicle is a custom tune. a very good friend of mine, who is also a member on here, can provide a custom tune on your car. he is located just over the Delaware Memorial Bridge in NJ, it is the best bang for the buck. the only downfall is that if you take the car back to the dealership with the tune or any of those parts on it'll void the warranty. what i would recommend is purchasing a 2nd ecu for the vehicle and get a custom tune put on that. then if you ever need to bring the car in for service at the dealership all you'd have to do is swap out the ecu with is like Geico.... so easy a caveman can do it.

if you need any help or have questions, feel free to ask

Originally Posted by BlackCobalt707
i got vtec and ecotec. wat now bitches?!!! found a throttle body for $20 plus shipping sooo it should fix my idle issue...if so all i gotta do is get my oil feed line and my gasket and its good
rock on man! oh and your vtec & ecotec got nothing on me.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
well congrats on the purchase

as for the upgrades performance wise, there are tons of options out there. you can do intake, intercooler, intercooler piping, downpipe and catback... but what sucks is that once you install those parts the vehicles computer will do what is called a relearn. so then your car will basically return itself back to stock performance. the only way to really bring out the performance of the vehicle is a custom tune. a very good friend of mine, who is also a member on here, can provide a custom tune on your car. he is located just over the Delaware Memorial Bridge in NJ, it is the best bang for the buck. the only downfall is that if you take the car back to the dealership with the tune or any of those parts on it'll void the warranty. what i would recommend is purchasing a 2nd ecu for the vehicle and get a custom tune put on that. then if you ever need to bring the car in for service at the dealership all you'd have to do is swap out the ecu with is like Geico.... so easy a caveman can do it.

if you need any help or have questions, feel free to ask

rock on man! oh and your vtec & ecotec got nothing on me.
I guess I wasn't specific enough, I was talking about the GM Stage 1 upgrade that has been going through the finalization steps. I am also a member of GM Tuner Source and I found out that they are just waiting on California to put through the upgrade. I heard it should be completely ready by Christmas.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my sedan at Williams Chevrolet in Elkton, MD. It's Imperial Blue. (basically dark blue) Does anyone know anything about the upgrade for the turbo SS? I have been waiting so long. I want to keep my warranty, plus it's supposed to be a decent increase in power.
Get a 2nd PCM, and have someone with HPTuners tune it.

Like me.

You'll keep your warranty.

Don't bother with Cannatelli's mindless ramblings up there, Captain Slow knows how to ramble a bit

Best mods for the money are catless downpipe and a tune.

Hands down.

The rest is all pennies on the dollar.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by steddy2112

Like me.

Don't bother with Cannatelli's mindless ramblings up there, Captain Slow knows how to ramble a bit

Hands down.

Do you run your car at the strip or anything? How much horsepower is it making with the tune?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 AM

Delaware

Originally Posted by jboog87
i live near bethany and getting kinda boring being the only one around. i drive to dova occasionally, didnt know if anybody is out there?
Lewes here, I'm Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Joe09ColbaltSS
Lewes here, I'm Joe
hello Joe, welcome to the forum

I guess I wasn't specific enough, I was talking about the GM Stage 1 upgrade that has been going through the finalization steps. I am also a member of GM Tuner Source and I found out that they are just waiting on California to put through the upgrade. I heard it should be completely ready by Christmas.
ohhhh gotcha. from what i've heard it's suppose to give your car a pretty good amount of power, ALOT of people on this forum have been waiting for it. but a good amount of people have gotten sick of waiting and have went out and got a custom tune.

Originally Posted by steddy2112

Like me.

Hands down.

hey! my rambles aren't mindless, fgt.

Last edited by rallycobalt06; 10-07-2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 09:54 AM

the civic is a D16Z6....slow as *****. but i already got a few JDM parts for it and about to order more when i get paid...as far as the cobalt. yea, you will beat it until i get a bigger turbo and new tune then i promise i will give you a run for your money

im thinkin of doin a LS VTEC swap in the civic come tax season. B18 Block and a B16 head...i know of a fully built B16 swap for $1000...i wish i had the money for it, id be all over it

ima have to be careful of speed bumps and im guessing i cant drop my car any lower due to this problem

Last edited by BlackCobalt707; 10-07-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM

i thought you were done with the Cobalt?

you are going to dump way too much money into that Civic.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM

hello Joe, welcome to the forum

ohhhh gotcha. from what i've heard it's suppose to give your car a pretty good amount of power, ALOT of people on this forum have been waiting for it. but a good amount of people have gotten sick of waiting and have went out and got a custom tune.

hey! my rambles aren't mindless, fgt.
yeah apparently john heinricy tested the upgrade for GM in a cobalt and he loved it. he said alot about how good the power increase was and all that. I've heard from a few sources that it is supposed to increase the cobalts up near 290 whp...the torque increase if it's either of the two that i've seen for it will be ridiculous...the lowest that's proposed by GM is 320, but i've heard its closer to 340 lb-ft.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM

yea that GM stage kit definately looks like a good option for you guys. but if it's anything like the GM stage kits that came out for my car (the supercharged SS) the tune will be on the rich side, alot of room for change and expensive. for the price of the GM stage kit for your car, you could get a downpipe and tune, put down more power and have money left over. a friend of mine on here, he lives in NC, did a k&n drop in filter with a custom tune, put down like 300whp/330wtq. but if you want to keep that warranty, i dont blame you for wanting the GM kit, tons of people do that. if you want anymore information about a custom tune, PM steddy2112, he'll be able to help you out on that part of things.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM

:facepalm:

you're a stubborn ass!

i'd hate to be your doctor. just remember... when you die, i get the car.
1 of only 15 every made. Here's to hoping you aren't as slow on the track as he is sorry, I had to.

As far as tunes, I'm fully bolted and the #'s in my sig are below. I'll be going again shortly for some new numbers.

Last edited by wantedSS/TC; 10-07-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
1 of only 15 every made. Here's to hoping you aren't as slow on the track as he is sorry, I had to.

As far as tunes, I'm fully bolted and the #'s in my sig are below. I'll be going again shortly for some new numbers.
whoa... only 15 rally yellow 4 door ss/tc ever made? seriously?

i'm already faster than him.

oh, i'll be making a call today at lunch. i'm going to have some meets soon.

October 17th, track day.... i'll start up the thread soon.

October 24th, going to try to have a dyno day.... once i get the definite on it, i'll start up the thread.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

October 24th, going to try to have a dyno day.... once i get the definite on it, i'll start up the thread.
Yesh, seriously. Im still kickin today, can definately feel the fluids building in my lungs. can breathe most of the time, but every now and then, I lose control and go into a coughing spasm and feel like im about to pass out. once I get that Gm kit *knock on wood* I think you'll have yourself some competition on the track! even with my 5th grader driving skills.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 AM

Hey man! yea i was going to get a hold of you and ask if there is going to be anything else going on this year. It seems like it was a slow year for shows and all that unlike last year unless i just missed them all haha. do that dyno day on the 24th and i am in the weekend after that i cant do it. Maybe i can do that track day get back to me when everything is final.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 AM

dude, seriously, go to a doctor. are you at work? infecting everyone else

you should just get a custom tune, save your money and put more power down
you'll most likely beat me as you are right now.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 AM

dude, seriously, go to a doctor. are you at work? infecting everyone else

you should just get a custom tune, save your money and put more power down
you'll most likely beat me as you are right now.
doctors are for quiters, I already infected about 15-20 people. lol. theres that many people sick here now. *just kidding. there are 15-20 sick people though, but they dont have what I have. They have the actual flu.

THe doctor isnt gonna help me. I coughed up some of this fluid, and it was clear. like a thick mucous. Its a viral infection in my lungs and trachea. There is no cure for a virus except rest and lots of nutrients. I cant stay at home for this because its gonna require more PTO days than I can actually afford. I have 2 PTO days and 2 floating holidays left this year. thats not gonna be enough rest. eventually my body will win.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Going to Tillman's on Saturday at 10am for dyno session with mah tuner. Tillman's is doing an aftermarket turbo on the LNF right now ... come up if you have a chance.

I'm down for the track though.

AND YES, only 15 Yellow Sedans (TC) ever made.

Here ya go: http://gmtunersource.com/index.php/b...data-available

Last edited by wantedSS/TC; 10-07-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kingofdacity
Hey man! yea i was going to get a hold of you and ask if there is going to be anything else going on this year. It seems like it was a slow year for shows and all that unlike last year unless i just missed them all haha. do that dyno day on the 24th and i am in the weekend after that i cant do it. Maybe i can do that track day get back to me when everything is final.
rock on man, i'll definitely let you know. i'm going to try to call up there on lunch or my break this afternoon. you'll get a text from me.

Originally Posted by CudaJoe
doctors are for quiters, I already infected about 15-20 people. lol. theres that many people sick here now. *just kidding. there are 15-20 sick people though, but they dont have what I have. They have the actual flu.

THe doctor isnt gonna help me. I coughed up some of this fluid, and it was clear. like a thick mucous. Its a viral infection in my lungs and trachea. There is no cure for a virus except rest and lots of nutrients. I cant stay at home for this because its gonna require more PTO days than I can actually afford. I have 2 PTO days and 2 floating holidays left this year. thats not gonna be enough rest. eventually my body will win.
you're crazy man, i'd be taking days off without pay just to get healthy. oh and if you worked with me, i'd knock your ass out and throw you and your sickness outside.

Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC
Going to Tillman's on Saturday at 10am for dyno session with mah tuner. Tillman's is doing an aftermarket turbo on the LNF right now ... come up if you have a chance.

I'm down for the track though.

AND YES, only 15 Yellow Sedans (TC) ever made.

Here ya go: http://gmtunersource.com/index.php/b...data-available
can't do anything this saturday, my brother's wedding, can't miss that.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Joe.... u definately need to go to the ER or something man. you're all jacked up.

holy crap! i thought you died
Nope not dead. Just ended up with all new computers in the last month at work and at home. I forgot my password AND forgot my password to my other email account that I used to sign up here. DOUBLE FAILZ

anywho I saw ur pics on facebook...those wheels look niiiiiiiiiiice
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 PM

you're crazy man, i'd be taking days off without pay just to get healthy. oh and if you worked with me, i'd knock your ass out and throw you and your sickness outside.

luckily i work with all women
Old 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Capo's Freak

Nope not dead. Just ended up with all new computers in the last month at work and at home. I forgot my password AND forgot my password to my other email account that I used to sign up here. DOUBLE FAILZ

anywho I saw ur pics on facebook...those wheels look niiiiiiiiiiice
thanks, i have more pics to put up.

ok it's lunch time
Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM

i dumped the front of the civic last night, i gotta dump the back. lol, it was funny. i think my room mates got a little upset wit my bangin on the ball joint wit a hammer last night. damn car has so many rusty bolts and nuts its not even funny. whats goin on folks?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 AM

what do you mean by "dumped"?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM

lowered?

Quick Reply: Any one in Delaware out there