Calling all Cobalts on L.I. - Page 665 - Cobalt SS Network

North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME [regional map]

View Poll Results: What to sticky?????
Gym, Tan, Long Island 69 14.08%
Fist pump 421 85.92%
Voters: 490. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #16601

You're very welcome, and I'm always down for a cruise/photo shoot. And cali was absolutely amazing for weather and meets. Any given day of the week I could find multiple meets. As for racing, I'm down for that too. I took my car to the local 1/8th mile track in San Diego and was able to run 9.3 @83mph with 560 Treadwear all seasons and that was my first time ever doing anything like that
AKillEaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #16602

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKillEaze View Post
You're very welcome, and I'm always down for a cruise/photo shoot. And cali was absolutely amazing for weather and meets. Any given day of the week I could find multiple meets. As for racing, I'm down for that too. I took my car to the local 1/8th mile track in San Diego and was able to run 9.3 @83mph with 560 Treadwear all seasons and that was my first time ever doing anything like that
Don't get your hopes up. No cobalt on long island races or goes out except paul (06blackg85ss) and he dont even live in long island

All the others are either always blown up (and haven't been running for like 2 years) or they don't drive more then 1000 miles a year lol

Trust me I tried a bunch of times (when I had my cobalt)... there is a few guys out in NJ and CT that are a bit more active. Might be worth looking into if you wanna take a little trip. Most of them aren't on here... I just know they organize meet ups and stuff through FB.
CobaltSS 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #16603

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltSS 16 View Post
Don't get your hopes up. No cobalt on long island races or goes out except paul (06blackg85ss) and he dont even live in long island

All the others are either always blown up (and haven't been running for like 2 years) or they don't drive more then 1000 miles a year lol

Trust me I tried a bunch of times (when I had my cobalt)... there is a few guys out in NJ and CT that are a bit more active. Might be worth looking into if you wanna take a little trip. Most of them aren't on here... I just know they organize meet ups and stuff through FB.
Mr. Big Shot now with his German cars

Leaving the Island = your suspension is shot so i dont drive off the island. If your on the island id drive to meet up without a doubt.

once spring comes around ill be doing some events, ill have a truck with a trailer by then
yellowsupercharged06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #16604

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 View Post
Mr. Big Shot now with his German cars

Leaving the Island = your suspension is shot so i dont drive off the island. If your on the island id drive to meet up without a doubt.

once spring comes around ill be doing some events, ill have a truck with a trailer by then
bro I was always at meets and track days with my cobalt... Hell I even went to a few dyno sessions after we all went in long island. I think I dynoed 2-3 times after we all went and hit the track 2-3 times with the cobalt... I only ran one day but at least I showed up and chilled with everyone. I was always trying to get people out but no one ever wanted to join

But now I do more events... was doing track days almost every Friday this fall.. my clutch must hate me lol.

Anyways... its all in good fun. I wish the cobalt community was more active.

And why if you leave the island your suspension is done? Roads in jersey are better then long island probably
CobaltSS 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #16605

Well even in cali, it was hard to get cobalt guys to get out. But NJ and CT are more than an hour drive one way, so i'll pass on those. As for suspension, I didnt really notice any bad roads too much when I drove back from cali. Hopefully more people do come out once it warms up. Also yellowsupercharged06, i've tried contacting Advise a few times thru PM regarding the cable with no responses
AKillEaze is offline   Reply With Quote