North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Ocean City, MD Spring Cruisin' Weekend(5/15-5/18)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
oh geez.... all this talk about street racing and trying to show up some v8's is making me

this is a muscle car cruisin' weekend, don't you ricer burners go ruining it. respect your elders.

Omgnoway.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 PM

I'm not pulling on anyone, but damn if I don't get 42 to the gallon.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:37 PM

It's all in fun anyway, there are some high hp Car's there for sure. When I had my 03 cobra it was mid pack with the cars down there when it was making 600+.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Shortbus
I'll have my e47 tune and some jugs of E, shouldn't do to bad, but will still get raped by majority of the cars that go down.
Can I haz some E85? We don't have any on the Eastern Shore...

oh geez.... all this talk about street racing and trying to show up some v8's is making me

this is a muscle car cruisin' weekend, don't you ricer burners go ruining it. respect your elders.
The old guys are the worst. They just don't give a ****. Burnouts, racing, pointing and laughing at Civics. And the cops don;t **** with them.

Originally Posted by jcobaltss
I thought "ricers" were Japanese made cars? I mean from what I hear there is no better feeling than the raw power of a v8 but you don't think the people who drive v8s aren't talking about beating of on some 4 bangers? Lol and really damn I might cancel my hotel then sense it's just a muscle car cruisin weekend
Don't get your jimmies rustled. Plenty of bolt on 2v's and stock motor fox bodies to mess with. Plus by Saturday OC is filled with imports coming in to race around the muscle cars.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:53 AM

It's all in fun anyway, there are some high hp Car's there for sure. When I had my 03 cobra it was mid pack with the cars down there when it was making 600+.
This. I watched a 1970 Hemi Cuda **** on a 700hp Supra a few years back. Greatest moment I've ever experienced in OC.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 AM

I thought "ricers" were Japanese made cars? I mean from what I hear there is no better feeling than the raw power of a v8 but you don't think the people who drive v8s aren't talking about beating of on some 4 bangers? Lol and really damn I might cancel my hotel then sense it's just a muscle car cruisin weekend
ever heard of Mexican rice?

your cobalt may have been ASSEMBLED in Lordstown, Ohio but look closer at some of them parts and you'll see Made in Mexico.

my whole rant about ruining the weekend points to the douches with the 4-bangers that try to pick the fights with the muscle car guys. they're very annoying with their revving up and blow off valves, etc etc etc. me personally, i cruise along and if a muscle car trys to pick the fight and i know i can take it, then i'll do so.

all in all, just be careful out there.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ever heard of Mexican rice? your cobalt may have been ASSEMBLED in Lordstown, Ohio but look closer at some of them parts and you'll see Made in Mexico. my whole rant about ruining the weekend points to the douches with the 4-bangers that try to pick the fights with the muscle car guys. they're very annoying with their revving up and blow off valves, etc etc etc. me personally, i cruise along and if a muscle car trys to pick the fight and i know i can take it, then i'll do so. all in all, just be careful out there.
I never new that lol you learn something new everyday. Yeah I never been to cruising week so idk how the 4 bangers act but from what you just said I understand what you mean now. That's smart about choosing your battles right, there is no point in racing if you know your gonna loose. Be safe to man...my words of wisdom are be smart about being dumb.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:23 PM

I never new that lol you learn something new everyday. Yeah I never been to cruising week so idk how the 4 bangers act but from what you just said I understand what you mean now. That's smart about choosing your battles right, there is no point in racing if you know your gonna loose. Be safe to man...my words of wisdom are be smart about being dumb.
3 perfect examples:

if the rear tires are wider than your engine block..... don't race it.

if there's a massive blower sticking out of the hood..... don't race it.

if there's a loud whine coming from it..... don't race it.

good luck gents
Old 05-06-2014, 02:49 PM

Also prepare for massive amounts of diesel trucks.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:32 PM

^^ oh god
Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Btw anyone have a trifecta cable I can borrow?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 AM

^^ oh god
Yeah, I've heard rumor of people leaving early because of this. I do know that I've seen a lot more people saying they're only staying Tuesday through Friday this year. But, I don't have any actual hard statistics on that stuff/attendance.

I will say this, it doesn't look like the diesel trucks discriminate only against sport compacts. They roll-coal / blow-smoke on classic/muscle cars, as well.

Mike K
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by katsimbris
Yeah, I've heard rumor of people leaving early because of this. I do know that I've seen a lot more people saying they're only staying Tuesday through Friday this year. But, I don't have any actual hard statistics on that stuff/attendance.

I will say this, it doesn't look like the diesel trucks discriminate only against sport compacts. They roll-coal / blow-smoke on classic/muscle cars, as well.

Mike K
Honestly, it's not that bad. Of course they'll always be a few ******** trying to ruin other peoples time, but for the most part everyone just wants to have fun. Cruisers and bike week are actually probably the easiest going events we have. There are way more calls and arrests during the car and truck show. Hell I've had problems with kids during cheerleaders. Most of the people coming down the beginning of the week are older guys mostly with trailer queens getting set up. The anticipation is great seeing trailer plates from 500+ miles away coming down 50 on Mon, Tues, Weds. But the weekend is still the busiest with a lot of the younger kids with imports and trucks coming down Saturday morning. But by Sunday night most people are already gone. Man, it's going to be a good weekend.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 PM

I have been going down for the past 10 years, each year the diesels get worst and more of them. All they do is blow smoke with a certain few of them actually fast. As far as easy going, far from it. All the cops during this week are tight wad dicks. Every year I get some type of ticket/repair order. Not as fun as it was 5 years ago.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM

I have been going down for the past 10 years, each year the diesels get worst and more of them. All they do is blow smoke with a certain few of them actually fast. As far as easy going, far from it. All the cops during this week are tight wad dicks. Every year I get some type of ticket/repair order. Not as fun as it was 5 years ago.
Are the cops **** about loud exhaust or illegal tint? I'm not tryna get a ticket honestly. Yeah "Rollin coal" gets real old and most of the kids that drive the trucks think they are tough asses because they have the truck full of ppl. Where I live this kid in his truck was trying to blow black smoke on me when I was driving behind him but honestly he wasn't gonna loose me i just kept getting behind him, **** all they are doing is wasting fuel anyways
Old 05-07-2014, 04:27 PM

And I find it funny how most ppl with lifted diesel don't pull a damn thing with the truck
Old 05-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Tint and no front tag, exhaust not so much, but based on my experience once they pull you over for one thing they will also write ero's for anything else.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 PM

I have a front tag but illegal tint so it looks like I'll have to roll with the windows down lol
Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Yeah, no one will hear you over the big blocks anyway. And I dont find the cops to be too bad, but remember, of course they're writing tickets if they can, they're just generating revenue. Also remember oc has seasonal officers that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Just don't act stupid and get caught. But I do agree that it has gone down hill over the last several years. I still have fun though.

And yes, most of the people that come down for this event are very easy to get along with and very easy going compared to other events over the course of the year. I live and work here. I also know about 3/4 of the year round local law enforcement from troop 7 up in Reho to barrack V in berlin, and I can tell you that the majority of them are just doing their jobs, and aside from a few actual ******** and the majority of the seasonal slickies, I've never seen a Tpr Dep or city give attitude first. So just dont get caught, and if you do, be respectful and they probably won't tack on secondary traffics.

And most of all, dont let ******** ruin your time, its all good, you're at the beach.

Last edited by S13rra175; 05-07-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the information man I appreciate it. This is my first time ever going down so I'm looking for a good time and meeting cool car enthusiast like me
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 PM

Mostly the bike cops have a complex with everyone.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=EFoxwell;7336443]Can I haz some E85? We don't have any on the Eastern Shore...

Apparently the shell station on Philadelphia ave. In ocean city has e85 now.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 PM

Mostly the bike cops have a complex with everyone.
This reminds me of the beginning of 21 jump street.

'...you wanna beat my dick off?'
'I'll use two hands!'
Old 05-09-2014, 02:27 PM

So where Does everyone wanna Meet up so we can cruise together?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 PM

So where Does everyone wanna Meet up so we can cruise together?
What day are you going down?

Quick Reply: Ocean City, MD Spring Cruisin' Weekend(5/15-5/18)