Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

Pix Of A Slammed Cobalt?

Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Area47
some of us prefer to be able to drive over speed bumps. driveways, and random bumps in the road.
Don't worry slammed or not, your still my favorite LSJ
Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is another dude here with an air ride system... I think his name is the 24th element, named after the cobalt element "science guys don't hate on me if I have it wrong"
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSMOKEM
there is another dude here with an air ride system... I think his name is the 24th element, named after the cobalt element "science guys don't hate on me if I have it wrong"
its 27th as wipe lol just f-ing with u
Old 04-09-2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
Pix of a slammed Cobalt?

Originally Posted by niknyce
WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE POSTIN THESE CARS WIT DAMN LOWERING SPRINGS READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.. ITS NOT POST YOUR LIGHTLY LOWERED CAR. people are ****** burnt
Clearly the both of you failed reading comprehension in school. If you even went to school which is definitely questionable. Cause you know, the title is all that matters in a thread, the actual posting asking for pictures of how low your cobalt is has ZERO frame of reference in here.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 PM

^ Nice attack there, I just assumed that since there are plenty of threads asking for "lowered" pictures, this thread was requesting slammed pix as per the title. And I'm still in school, asswipe.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by TheDaves413
Clearly the both of you failed reading comprehension in school. If you even went to school which is definitely questionable. Cause you know, the title is all that matters in a thread, the actual posting asking for pictures of how low your cobalt is has ZERO frame of reference in here.

ok so u mean to tell me all these people thought before this thread they had the lowest car on the forums...... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHT
Old 04-10-2008, 06:46 AM

^ Nice attack there, I just assumed that since there are plenty of threads asking for "lowered" pictures, this thread was requesting slammed pix as per the title. And I'm still in school, asswipe.
Might wanna pay attention more.

ok so u mean to tell me all these people thought before this thread they had the lowest car on the forums...... NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHT
Wow you really are an idiot. Yes everyone with springs thinks they have the lowest cars ever, thats why they posted in here. That makes sense, everyone else is an idiot, it's definitely not an isolated incident
Old 04-10-2008, 08:52 AM

Oh, you have a 2.2 on Sportlines. So you took my initial comment too seriously? I didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying that it's really hard to get them looking decently low without ground effects.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 AM

ok so here is something i found off another forum.... apparently the definition of slammed varies....

Slammed???
Auto Tag: Tires and Wheels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the technical definition of a SLAMMED car?

Does the car have to be lowered a certain amount? Is it how low the car is off of the ground?

How many of you have what one would call a slammed car?

i dont think there is an actual definition of "slammed", its just kinda slang for being lowered alot.

I call my car slammed, dumped, lowered, etc... It just depends who I'm describing it to, and what term I feel like calling it. But to me personally, I would call slammed or dumped, a car that is essentially tucked, in other words, it's wheels are into the wheel wells, if not right at the line of them.

My car has about "1/8 wheel gap right now, where as it used to have roughly "2 of gap.

I don't know of a technical definition of slammed, but I would define it as a car that has been lowered as low as possible for looks only, no care about the handleing.

this article is come from tech78.com:http://www.tech78.com/auto/Slammed_47279.html

so essentially without Airbags,...slammed isnt the best definition of some of these cars... they are lowered...not pancaked, slammed etc.

right now i am tucking and my wheels are touching fender when lowered and parked however, i am not laying frame.
in order to lay frame, the entire wheel well would have to be removed and id have to modify my fender and engine compartment and part of my trunk in order to tuck rim my size.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
ok so here is something i found off another forum.... apparently the definition of slammed varies....

Slammed???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the car have to be lowered a certain amount? Is it how low the car is off of the ground?

i dont think there is an actual definition of "slammed", its just kinda slang for being lowered alot.

I call my car slammed, dumped, lowered, etc... It just depends who I'm describing it to, and what term I feel like calling it. But to me personally, I would call slammed or dumped, a car that is essentially tucked, in other words, it's wheels are into the wheel wells, if not right at the line of them.

My car has about "1/8 wheel gap right now, where as it used to have roughly "2 of gap.

I don't know of a technical definition of slammed, but I would define it as a car that has been lowered as low as possible for looks only, no care about the handleing.

this article is come from tech78.com:http://www.tech78.com/auto/Slammed_47279.html

so essentially without Airbags,...slammed isnt the best definition of some of these cars... they are lowered...not pancaked, slammed etc.

right now i am tucking and my wheels are touching fender when lowered and parked however, i am not laying frame.
in order to lay frame, the entire wheel well would have to be removed and id have to modify my fender and engine compartment and part of my trunk in order to tuck rim my size.

WINNER!!!! badg1rl is my hero!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Thumbs up

This is the closest you can get to slammed without air ride suspension.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM

Oh, you have a 2.2 on Sportlines. So you took my initial comment too seriously? I didn't mean anything by it. I was just saying that it's really hard to get them looking decently low without ground effects.
Yeah thats exactly what happened. I got offended by your comment and thats why I have been posting I haven't at all been pointing out that people are reading only the title and then spouting off like idiots about the pictures being posted. Keen eye kid, stay in school you will definitely go far.

Originally Posted by AROON02
Anyone? Just Curious W/pix How Low You Guys Have Gone Lookin For Ideas
Asking for pics of how low you have gone. Not JUST picks of a slammed cobalt. Maybe the guys looking for a comparison? Maybe hes trying to see what various cobalts look like lowered to various degrees. So maybe you guys should stop getting your panties in your ass crack when someone posts their car on lowering springs. Yeah we get it, we aren't as cool as you coilover / airbag system people riding around in an SS/SC painted neon green

Last edited by TheDaves413; 04-10-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2008, 04:13 PM

ok... im going to edit myself. and just leave on this statement.

the guy with an ss/sc trunk on his LS is calling ME stupid, Lmao

Last edited by niknyce; 04-10-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 PM

Slammed???

i tuck all of my tire to the top of my rim without cutting anything (yet) and i also have 20s...been bagging cars/mini trucks for awhile now its not that hard or that much to cut..
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM

WHY DID YOU DELETE THE PART SAYING THAT YOU HAVE AN SS SO YOUR ARE NOT STUPID? TRYING TO IMPLY THOSE W/ THE 2.2 ARE STUPID?

that in itself is pretty pretty contradicting trying to say that your not "stupid" . And yes, Caps are needed.

I for one will stick up for the 2.2's here
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Yeah what can I say, you're a wigger and I don't like wiggers.

*edit* And here we go again, you drive an SS so you must be right? Keep dreaming kid, you drive a sedan, thats like the ugly step child of the cobalt line, SS or not.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by massivematt
This is the closest you can get to slammed without air ride suspension.
not true, when i first dropped mine on COILOVERS i had my wheels tucked 1" into the wheel wells.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:45 PM

My ***** is bigger... Thats why I dont have to drive a SS/SC. :P
Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 PM

*edit* And here we go again, you drive an SS so you must be right? Keep dreaming kid, you drive a sedan, thats like the ugly step child of the cobalt line, SS or not.
nah just sounds like your rasict to me...

to bad my heavy sedan will spank your car. point blank period, so u can shutup about that. and ugly step child? you have a ******* ss/sc wing on your LS. SHUTUP. Go check my thread in the pictures.. never heard anyone call my car ugly.

and i edited the other part out because it didnt make sence to me to sa that. thats why i edited it. im not ignorant nor that stupid.

i didnt realise how close u lived.. ha
Old 04-10-2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777
My ***** is bigger... Thats why I dont have to drive a SS/SC. :P
if that theory works out then aveo drivers have horse *****
Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
RBC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Slammed???

I think in order to "lay frame" on this car you would indeed need to have a frame to lay on since this car is indeed a uni-body car. Sorry just being a smart ass.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by RBC
I think in order to "lay frame" on this car you would indeed need to have a frame to lay on since this car is indeed a uni-body car. Sorry just being a smart ass.
well it depends on how you define laying frame..its the same figure of speech as slammed...to me slammed is tucked with no wheel well clearance or very very little..laying frame to me is kit to the floor or bumper/sides/ rear to the ground even though thats not really laying frame its still no clearance between the cars body/bumper and road.

.my friend has a PT cruiser she could almost put on the ground without a kit... kitted there is no way...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM

well it depends on how you define laying frame..its the same figure of speech as slammed...to me slammed is tucked with no wheel well clearance or very very little..laying frame to me is kit to the floor or bumper/sides/ rear to the ground even though thats not really laying frame its still no clearance between the cars body/bumper and road.

.my friend has a PT cruiser she could almost put on the ground without a kit... kitted there is no way...
technically laying frame (coming from someone in the mini truck scene where this all started) is when a part of the undercarriage is touching the ground..
Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt30
WHY DID YOU DELETE THE PART SAYING THAT YOU HAVE AN SS SO YOUR ARE NOT STUPID? TRYING TO IMPLY THOSE W/ THE 2.2 ARE STUPID?

that in itself is pretty pretty contradicting trying to say that your not "stupid" . And yes, Caps are needed.

I for one will stick up for the 2.2's here

nah just sounds like your rasict to me...

to bad my heavy sedan will spank your car. point blank period, so u can shutup about that. and ugly step child? you have a ******* ss/sc wing on your LS. SHUTUP. Go check my thread in the pictures.. never heard anyone call my car ugly.

and i edited the other part out because it didnt make sence to me to sa that. thats why i edited it. im not ignorant nor that stupid.

i didnt realise how close u lived.. ha

or we an all shut up and stop filling this thread with uter stupidy, how about instead of making this thread a "i have the fastest slow car" how 'bout we just get to pictures
kthxbai.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 AM

got sportlines 2 in the front an 2.5 in the back have an LS model

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pix Of A Slammed Cobalt?