Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

So my stock shifter broke again thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my stock shifter broke again thread

As many of you know my car has been the ultimate of lemons. This problem just recently happened again today and shows GM quality at it's finest. I just got back from AZ and was driving home from the airport when I was going to shift into 4th and was driving normal and I heard a quick rattle like change hitting a cup only it was the pattern on my shift knob that fell off again... I know it won't be long and the ball will fall off too (I feel it's lose already) because this is extactly what happened last time.

I've had this replaced twice now. I know I shouldn't be expecting much but I feel I shouldn't have to pay to replace this stupid thing again. I don't have my standard warranty anymore and have extended but I have to pay a $100 deductible for them to do any service related things to my car now. I'm really starting to run out of patience with this car. You would think for the $21k price tag a car would last a little longer then two years without all the **** that's happened to my car. I love the car but hate the problems...

Here is a list of all my service related things done to the car, some are problems, others are preventables. Purchased this car in March of 05'

Problem/Service Done Date Resolution to Problem

Recall on Exhaust March 28th 05' Exhaust from Catback Replaced

Oil Change May 05' Oil Changed

Oil Change/Car Stratched on Both Sides June 05' Oil Changed/Car buffed to remote
stratches

Door Handle Sticks June 05' Lubed Door Handle

Air Conditioner spits water out July 05' Installed Evap Screen where one was not on

Oil Change July 05' Changed Oil

Sunroof Trim falls off suddenly July 05' They re-installed trim and fitted button

Air Conditioner spits water out(2nd Request) August 05' Tried to duplicate problem, could not do it

Supercharger Mount Broken for Coolant Lines August 05' Part on order, should arrive second week of August.

Shift patterns on shift knob breaks August 05' Part on order, should arrive second week of August.

Valance needed replacement (user error on purchaser end) August 05' Replacement ordered, should arrive second week of August

Door Handle Sticks(2nd Request) August 05' Doors Lubed

Oil Change August 05' Oil Changed

Battery Light Came On August 05' No Resolution

Oil Change November 05' Changed Oil

Door Sills need to be replaced (Paint Flaking) March 06' New Door Sills will be ordered

Car overheated and went into limp mode March 06' Computer Reflash update to thermostat/fix the overheating, nothing wrong with Cat

Radio Buttons/Cruise Doesn't work on Steering Wheel March 06' Button assembly replacement needed (NO ETA on Fix).

Rotors Warped March 06' Dealership says they can be resurfaced, I am allowing them to resurface them.

Brake Pads Seem Worn March 06' They went down to 10% life, advised them to replace after getting cost to replace

Trim around Dash peeling off March 06' Replacments ordered, they are fixing the door panels and radio buttons on same visit.

Door Handles sticking (3rd Request) March 06' Lubed Door Handles

Seat Belt Loose/Seems broken/Fitment issue April 06' Order replacement belt
for Drivers Side. Replaced.

Radio doesn't spit out CD's upon eject button pushed May 06' Nothing has been done yet.

Door Handle Sticks (3rd Request) June 06' Lubed Door Handles myself.

Shift patterns on shift knob breaks again June 06' Super Glued the pattern on myself but knob feels like it's going to break.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:25 AM

damn, I need to fix my shift knob still also. you really got shafted on that.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ericsean
damn, I need to fix my shift knob still also. you really got shafted on that.
yah tell me about it. I wish the Hurst shifter would come sooner. Kinda hard to break a stainless steel ball.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 AM

whats the eta on that shifter now? 2010?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Banned

More like it's never going to be made. I wish it was available. I would just buy that. I hate the B&M Shifter, looks so damn cheap and feels cheap. I want a shifter that just feels good!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:42 AM

my shifter fell off i had it fixed and then i went to get a tattoo and i walk back out to my car and the knob was laying in my passenger seat lol. I guess those knobs can really fly away. I also got my sunroof button fixed and when i was driving it just fell right back into my lap weeeeee.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Supersleeper
my shifter fell off i had it fixed and then i went to get a tattoo and i walk back out to my car and the knob was laying in my passenger seat lol. I guess those knobs can really fly away. I also got my sunroof button fixed and when i was driving it just fell right back into my lap weeeeee.
yah, same things happened to me I honestly wish I could own a car for once without **** falling apart every two minutes. I've only owned the car for a year and a few months. I know that my 05 LT Sedan doesn't have any of these issues.