Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealer is recomending GM buy back my car

Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer is recomending GM buy back my car

This is a long story that has taken place over the last 5 months. It all started when my first cobalt was totaled by being in a head on with a drunk driver last Augest. I bought another cobalt 2 weeks later in September. This Cobalt has been to the dealer 12 times in the last 5 months. It has been in for a total of almost three months if you add up all the times they have had it. I have listed below each time my car went in and what for.

1. Shifter boot poping out and rear window tint redone. Ordered a new boot.

2. New shifter boot installed and ordered a new shifter knob because they broke it

3. New shifter knob because the F@cked up the first one when they did my shift boot.

4. Volume down and mute button not working, ordered a new steerwheel.
5. Steering wheel installled. Caught the porters doing burnouts in the back of lot.
6. Clicking noise coming from the axles. They ordered two new axles car has 1900 miles

7. Replaced both front axles

8. Car has no-start issue and gauges in-op only early morning. Dealer cannot duplicate so they gave me my car back.

9. Back again for same no-start and gauge issue. Dealer still could not duplicate but replace steering colum do to codes stored in the computer. Called me up and ask for my permission to take for 20 mile test drive I said OK. I pick my car up and my cancel cam for my turn signals is not working. Same no start problem the very next morning.

10. Back for a third time for no-start issue. GM engineering is now involved. Dealer finally gets it to duplicate. They replace my UBEC, or the fusebox under your hood. Same no start problem the very next day.

11. Fourth time in for no start problem. They have the car for almost three weeks this time. They replace the BCM, ECU, and the security control module. GM says this is the final fix, and offer my free maintainence for life on the car for my troubles. I tell them that is BS considering my car has been in the dealer more than 50% of the time since I bought it. I wound up telling them to F@ck off, that is not good enough.

12. I get my car back and the dealer had f@cked up yet again. They cracked my passeger side kick panel, broke a clip on the piece that goes over the top of steering colum, and lost my spare tire. I called them and they ordered a new rim and tire, a new kick panel, and piece for my steering colum. They would call me when they were in. Two weeks go by and guess what? My car has the same no-start problem in the early morning again. I also just had my oil changed the day before and noticed my intake was hitting the hood strut and the hood was pushing the intake into the sharp edge on the inner fender. Almost cut a slice all the way through above the MAF sensor. Car has 4500 miles

Well I go back to the dealer and threaten to sue them over all the abuse with my car and really **** off the general manager. He does agree to replace my intake, and all the other stuff they broke. Car is going in this thursday for that. He also told me that the were not going to be able to fix the no start problem and that he was recomending GM get me out of my vehicle. Then he tried to convince me to by another cobalt from them. I said noooooooooooooooo. The only way I will by another GM at all is if a pay well below dealer invoice. I am going to get the new Saturn SKY redline if the price is right. If not once I am out of this car it is SRT-8 Dodge Charger or SRT-10 Dodge Ram. I have been a GM guy all my life. I have bought two new GM cars with a GM discount due to a Uncle that has work for GM for thirty years and is now based out of the home office in Detroit. I even went through the GM ASEP program to become a GM mechanic but choose a more profitable career later. I know the odds of geting another lemon is slim to none, but one is enough. GM needs to regulate on there dealers better because that is 90% of the reason I may never buy another GM. If I get all my money back on this deal and a smoking good deal on that SKY redline will be the only way I buy another GM. I am done with them otherwise. Sad thing is I love my car. It is fast as **** and handles really well. They are also really safe cars. Look at the pics of my wrecked one in my gallery and tell me I should still be alive too. My first balt saved my life in a high speed head on. I had a few burns from the airbags and a concussion and my passenger walked away. Rep will be here friday to start the buy-back process, wish me luck. Am I the first balt on here to have a Lemon???
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Some other guys have had some rando problems, but I don't think anything CLOSE to what you've gone through.
Did you **** off a voodoo witch doctor or something?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that sucks man, good luck in whatever you get.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
Some other guys have had some rando problems, but I don't think anything CLOSE to what you've gone through.
Did you **** off a voodoo witch doctor or something?

I think I did for sure. I totaled my car in August 06, and my apendix ruptured and almost killed my in August 05, and now this. I know that next August I am locking myself inside my house and taking a month off work.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 PM

holy lemon. get that **** out of ur hands and get the sky rl.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Wow man, I know your car had issues but those...omg. Only problem Ive had is my trunk is open somehow when I start the car probably once every two weeks now. I want to meet you at the track at least once with your car!! lol. As for your car selections. My buddys dad has one of the two sky redlines in town. He had to pay 40k CASH to skip the waiting line. As for SRT-8 or 10, eh. Nice cars but Im just not a Dodge person. Well good luck with your ordeal man.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by HickOverLOrd
Wow man, I know your car had issues but those...omg. Only problem Ive had is my trunk is open somehow when I start the car probably once every two weeks now. I want to meet you at the track at least once with your car!! lol. As for your car selections. My buddys dad has one of the two sky redlines in town. He had to pay 40k CASH to skip the waiting line. As for SRT-8 or 10, eh. Nice cars but Im just not a Dodge person. Well good luck with your ordeal man.
I was never a dodge person eather execpt for the Viper. I love the viper. I have my car right now and should have it until the end of this buy back procedure. It should take from six to eight weeks to complete. Until then it will be out at the track for every midnight mayham and I will be beating the **** out of it. As for the Sky redlines, I know that there are at least four of them in town at two saturn dealers. I will have no problem with a waiting list if I get my way with GM. I am sure when this is said they will be taking a loss somewhere and not me. If they offer me less than what I have spent on this car I will tell them no. I know the bill for my rental alone the last time this went in was over a grand. I will let them spend more money on rental for awhile and I am sure they will reconsider. We defintly need to meet up at the track next time. I know this car can crack the 13's. I have to do it before I give it back.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 PM

For sure man, give her hell. We need to meet up. I want to get a ride in your SS compared to a stock one. Hopefully its still working then..lol. Oh and btw, the next event at the track is Test and Tune on the 21st(not as many people for $20). Then the next MM is on the 23rd with a shitload of people.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 PM

For sure man, give her hell. We need to meet up. I want to get a ride in your SS compared to a stock one. Hopefully its still working then..lol. Oh and btw, the next event at the track is Test and Tune on the 21st(not as many people for $20). Then the next MM is on the 23rd with a shitload of people.
My car runs great, but just on cold mornings it will not start, crank over or anything. It takes about five minutes and I can get to start and then it runs fine all day long. The car is a beast when it is running. But if I still have it on test and tune day I will be there.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 PM

Man that sucks. I would hate to have my car screwing up. I would die, I could drive all day if I could if the gas wasnt so bad and a day off, hehe. Hopefully you still have it then or a new skyredline.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 PM

I am dead on the inside right now

What ever I get it will be fast, but it will not be a cobalt. I just do not think I should by a third one.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:47 PM

yeah just you saying buying a third one doesnt sound good, lol. I do love my car and if anything ever happened to it, Id fall to my knees, like my bud when his wrx got messed up, hehe. Id start saving now and get the viper, lol.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I want teh Sky REDLINE!!! Thats a good second choice man. Sad you wont have your balt anymore. Hope you stick around to brag about your next car, especially if you get a RL.

But don't blame it on GM. They do good work as you know!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 PM

That is still a couple years away, although I have been pricing them out. I could get a used RT-10 with low miles for 40-50k. I was planing on that when I made consultant at work in a couple of years. I need a six figure imcome to pay for that one, but I will have one.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:10 AM

Yeah, the viper was my first dreamcar back in ummm..probably 6th grade at a bookfair, lol. I bought a picture of it then and still have it. I would mine getting one at all. You should still get a new SS/SC though, more uncommon I bet here in vegas.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
I want teh Sky REDLINE!!! Thats a good second choice man. Sad you wont have your balt anymore. Hope you stick around to brag about your next car, especially if you get a RL.

But don't blame it on GM. They do good work as you know!
I know GM does good work, but the need to treat me right on this on to make up for this one. All car makers build lemons every once in a while, but it is differant thing when you actully have one. Almost two years ago I started work at a new company in virtually new technology. We had a whole three employees and the owner. We know have about twenty guys and they all work for me, I have been promoted to the site manager of a company that is exploding right now. In november we are moving to a 30 million $$$ plus facilty. I will have over a hundred employees at that time. Now Imagine all the hours I work, plus having to deal with your only car being at the dealer most of the time. I had rentals all the time my car was at the dealer, but just finding the time to go to and from the dealer was almost impossiable. Redline Sky would be sick. Hope GM will be fair about this so I can get one.

Yeah, the viper was my first dreamcar back in ummm..probably 6th grade at a bookfair, lol. I bought a picture of it then and still have it. I would mine getting one at all. You should still get a new SS/SC though, more uncommon I bet here in vegas.

I just cant buy the same car three times in a row. Need some new that I am not scared to do anything too becaus it might break. I still love the look of the car, and my balt has serious *****. Just not to fond of the fwd sports cars anymore. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO FISHTAIL!!!

Last edited by HViper; 02-28-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 AM

lol, yeah that would be nice. Should go for a 240sx with a LS2...just looks too fun. Seriously though, old Viper or vette ftw. My dads 01 vette was pretty scary with just an intake and exhaust.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM

lol, yeah that would be nice. Should go for a 240sx with a LS2...just looks too fun. Seriously though, old Viper or vette ftw. My dads 01 vette was pretty scary with just an intake and exhaust.
I love the vettes, but just for some reason I just cant buy one. You see them everywhere. I know there hella fast, but there is this twin turbo kit for the viper that will make 850hp on 8psi of boost. A almost unstreetable 1000hp plus on 10psi of boost. It cost mad money, but who would not want a ten second viper. That is why I think I need to wait a couple of years till I get the viper. I could passify myself with a SRT-10 RAM truck though....
Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 AM

Did you see the Twin Turbo Viper last MM btw?! It looked so badass but I never got to see it run. It was sitting next to the re-run line. Really though, what are the chances of you throughing a twin-turbo kit on a viper. What would your daily driver be? lol
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 AM

Did you see the Twin Turbo Viper last MM btw?! It looked so badass but I never got to see it run. It was sitting next to the re-run line. Really though, what are the chances of you throughing a twin-turbo kit on a viper. What would your daily driver be? lol
I am hopeing on having a company truck by then. Mabey...
I still have a while to go before I get this though, but I don't want to wait.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 AM

there has actually been one guy that i know of that got his SS bought back. he used to come to all of our meets. he had some issue with his car thowing all kinds of codes when he didnt have anything done to it. the dealer bought it back and put it on the lot for sale... kinda shady. that was about 6 months ago i guess.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 AM

Hopefully, a 10 sec daily driver would be a bitch. If no company truck, Im sure a brand new $5000 Accent will do, lol.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mines_Better
there has actually been one guy that i know of that got his SS bought back. he used to come to all of our meets. he had some issue with his car thowing all kinds of codes when he didnt have anything done to it. the dealer bought it back and put it on the lot for sale... kinda shady. that was about 6 months ago i guess.
They said mine would be sent back to GM and completly torn apart.
Whats it like in North Dallas these days. I grew up in the Lewisville Flower Mound area. Lived there for almost 25 years.

Hopefully, a 10 sec daily driver would be a bitch. If no company truck, Im sure a brand new $5000 Accent will do, lol.
Yeah, but with a boost controler you could easily tame it some for the street. IDK but I will find out someday.

Last edited by HViper; 02-28-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-28-2007, 09:17 PM

How many other dealers are in your area? It's not the fact that it was a GM dealer that screwed you. All dealers are individuals. Some are scumbags. You've had the worst luck I've ever heard with your Cobalts. I hope you get that Sky deal.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by The_Blur
How many other dealers are in your area? It's not the fact that it was a GM dealer that screwed you. All dealers are individuals. Some are scumbags. You've had the worst luck I've ever heard with your Cobalts. I hope you get that Sky deal.
There are several other dealers in my area, but due to time constrants I unable to really find to go to them. This dealer is 12 miles from where I live. The other closest is probally 30 miles away. GM also recomended taking it back to this dealer with the no start problem. Probaly because GM's engineering department was dealing with them already. Even with the dealer being only roughly 12 miles from home, that is almost 300 miles on my car in just the round trips to the dealer. Then if you count how many miles the dealer put on my car while it was in service, a total of about 100 miles, and the 118 miles that were on the car when I first bought it. That is a total of around 500 miles. My car has 4500 miles on it total now. Just seems a little extreme to me. To top this off my car did not want to start again last night and this morning, and it keeps rolling the passanger side window about halfway. The first time was yesterday and I went to leave work and my window was halfdown. I thought I just spaced it that morning and left it down. But just a minute ago (while I was still typing this) my apartment manager knocked on my door to tell me I had left my window down. I know it was rolled up this time because it is a really windy day out here today so I never rolled them down. Crazy car has a mind of its own. I think my car knows I am geting rid of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer is recomending GM buy back my car