Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

General Motors=biggest POS company around. Warranties are being denied.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
General Motors=biggest POS company around. Warranties are being denied.

I'd like to start off by saying I own a 2007 Cobalt SS that I purchased this year and has had ongoing transmission issues. Last night I discovered my rear transmission mount is literally snapped in half and the dealership claims GM is denying my warranties until further diagnosis is done WHICH I have to pay out of pocket for everything including the rental...the car is bone stock with no aftermarket parts.....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the car is stock now. But I bet it was not always stock. I am sure the orginal owner modded the **** out of it and wore down the components. How many miles do you have?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

I was doing 100 going to Orlando lost power steering 3 times in a row took the car to the dealership freaking out. Scanned it and gave the car back what do you call that?

Went up in there Tuesday and returned my extended warranty they told me there sending a check can you say 4T45 with LSD

you may want to look up one of those warranty companies your car came supercharged from the factory so they will cover you no problem and no questions asked most of the time.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm not sure if the car was modded or not prior to me owning it but that shouldn't make a difference since its all factory **** lol they have rebuilt my trans like 2 times now lol and replaced roll pins the 3rd time. I have 29,812 miles on it as it sits. Still a certified factory warranty GM vehicle...
Old 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Take it to another stealership
Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 PM

The piece between the trans and mount is what snapped in half...sorry for a blurry picture

Old 08-26-2010, 02:14 PM

maybe they saw your name here on the forum (1fastSSbalt) and figured u street race it or take it to the track. to them that means no warranty for u.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why not buy mounts if you're getting screwed on the warranty and having to pay for some gay diagnostics fee anyways?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:36 PM

Lethal...I never made mention of street racing or taking this car to the track on this site or in person that is rather absurd to say. Well from further inspection now that the engine has cooled off the piece that connects to that rear mount that is a fork shape is broken on both sides...is that even just a mount replacement or would that be a full transmission replacement. It is very limited space in there and I do not have any tools with me to jack the car up and inspect it further.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastSSBalt
I'd like to start off by saying I own a 2007 Cobalt SS that I purchased this year and has had ongoing transmission issues. Last night I discovered my rear transmission mount is literally snapped in half and the dealership claims GM is denying my warranties until further diagnosis is done WHICH I have to pay out of pocket for everything including the rental...the car is bone stock with no aftermarket parts.....
They'll be doing it because the first assumption is going to be abuse, this is pretty standard when people experience transmission issues on these vehicles. You're guilty until proven innocent . Long story short they're going to look for any and all excuses not to warranty the vehicle (rubber shreds in the wheel wells, cracked tranny, etc etc). If it has never been raced and never modded they'll be hard pressed to come up with excuses.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Lethal...I never made mention of street racing or taking this car to the track on this site or in person that is rather absurd to say.
I didnt either.... but u never know if they read the forums. wasnt it Subaru that was voiding peoples warranties when they were discovered posting on forums about their track times? u just never know.

I might change my name to "slowbalt" just in case.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Buy aftermarket mounts and replace them yourself. Or go to a different stealership.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:48 PM

Like I said I have never raced this car not even on the street because that is about the most unsafe thing to do and pointless in my eyes. I don't do burn outs or anything of that nature and the tranny shouldn't be cracked...it is hard to say if it was previously modded I know it isn't modded now. I explained to another dealership and he said it sounded rather unsual so I don't know...but I'm sure with my luck I got someones POS and now im fucked xD
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Like I said I have never raced this car not even on the street because that is about the most unsafe thing to do and pointless in my eyes. I don't do burn outs or anything of that nature and the tranny shouldn't be cracked...it is hard to say if it was previously modded I know it isn't modded now. I explained to another dealership and he said it sounded rather unsual so I don't know...but I'm sure with my luck I got someones POS and now im fucked xD
I bought my car at 20,000 miles and when i got the car fax they told me it was a RENT A CAR for Enterprise talk about a beater. Boosted it at 46,500 now its 48,000 we all have problems my friend at least your car doesn't say Service ESC, Service Traction Control, ESC & TC disabled..........
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boostedsport
Take it to another stealership
That might not help as your VIN is in the GM data bank. And not saying you did **** kicked the car, but with the repeat repairs to the tranny and the now broken mount they could just say the previous owner **** kicked the car and that's why all these problems are coming up, so good luck with the car
Old 08-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Well I called another dealer and he ran my VIN and it didnt say anything about voiding or denying me and he was like they can't deny you until the car is in there and diagnosed so we will see what the verdict is tomorrow...if all I have to do is replace the mounts I'm buying OTTP mounts front and rear and sell the damn thing
Old 08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

Oh I just thought they would keep track of people trying to get warranty work, and replacing the mount your self might be to solution as the dealers labour rates are high
Old 08-26-2010, 03:23 PM

easier fix and worth it here it is

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/...nts-49p892.htm

best 240 u will spend
Old 08-26-2010, 04:14 PM

Ya I have never taken any of my vehicles into any form of a shop....always done the work myself and sometimes with a little help from my father. I will probably end up just buying these mounts and doing it myself if they are ggoing to void my **** then I'll give them a better reason to and it will cost less.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
you could be proactive....

try different dealer
Call the next person up on the list
Keep calling the next person until you get an answer to why you are being denied warranty.

ANY Car dealer could do that for ANY Manufacture. and bitching on the web and not being proactive doesnt get you ****. I wont feel sorry for you until you have been proactive and the CEO of gm says you cant get it fixed. Until then please do you part to get it remedied.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

I would raise hell about this, they would be putting me in a 10 balt ss before it was all said and done
Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by northvibe
you could be proactive....

try different dealer
Call the next person up on the list
Keep calling the next person until you get an answer to why you are being denied warranty.

ANY Car dealer could do that for ANY Manufacture. and bitching on the web and not being proactive doesnt get you ****. I wont feel sorry for you until you have been proactive and the CEO of gm says you cant get it fixed. Until then please do you part to get it remedied.
For one who said I'm not being proactive about it I have reached the executive offices and spoke with people @ the GM Headquarters and have a couple claims open as well as through chevrolets customer server and reported this dealership to the BBB and will soon be contacting the Consumers Report...I've called 6 other dealers within a 25 mile radius and everyone of them has contacted me back saying they cannot do this under warranty. I finally got ahold of the general manager at Suburban(the one that has been doing all the service to my car)and found out a GM Tech was there today and heard about my issues and seen the passed problems and without looking at the car labeled it as abuse....well that doesn't fly in my book and I spoke with the manager some more and I will be contacting him tomorrow and making them look at my car when im out of work....I also have gotten a 2nd opinion from a professional mechanic and he says the mount bolt appeared to be loose....so on that note I guess you shouldn't make any form of assumptions with out facts? Kthx
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM

agreed.... they denied me... i had a warranty block
Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by LethalSS
maybe they saw your name here on the forum (1fastSSbalt) and figured u street race it or take it to the track. to them that means no warranty for u.
LOL there is a certain irony about a guy going by the name "fast" who has never raced his car.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned

I love the idiots that think they are making some kind of mission statement because their car broke. You are not "special", and the car company is not out to get you. Get that through your head first.

Second off, all cars can break, and all cars do break. Your car broke a transmission mount. I've literally seen hundreds of cars with bad trans mounts, they are a wear and tear item. Instead of throwing a hissy fit, have it replaced.

That said, trans mounts don't just "snap in half" out of nowhere. It typically takes over 100,000 miles of wear and tear, abusive driving, or an accident to cause them to break. Which is why I have great suspicion that there is much more to the story and you are telling.

Also, if you have enough common sense to open your eyes, you'd see GM is not the only manufacturer that will void warranties on parts when abuse is suspected. Mitsubishi will void entire car warranties if they spot your car at any track event, even if you are not racing. Honda will not acknowledge that they have serious issues with their 6 speeds in SI's, and instead just keep on fixing them with the same poor quality parts. GM is actually one of the best companies about honoring warranties, I know people who have had cars towed right from the track to the dealership, no questions asked.

Quick Reply: General Motors=biggest POS company around. Warranties are being denied.