03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Join Date: 07-20-06
Location: Los Angeles
Member #: 8925
Thanked 0 Times
Originally Posted by moranjames89
I understood what you said to an extent.. assuming your typing on your phone
what's the reason I never have B2 for exactly?
you have one bank of cylinders, being that its an inline 4. V6/V8/V10 and all over V engines, as well as horizontally opposed engines, are the ones with 2 banks
as for your issues:
GENERAL MOTORS OBD II "Drive Cycle"
Most OBD II ("On-Board Diagnostics II") diagnostic monitors will run at some time during normal operation of the vehicle. A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.
To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:
1. Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
2. Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
3. Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
4. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
5. Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
6. Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
7. Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
8. Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.
Barbados Blue Metallic '04 GTO M6 | Kooks Signature Series Long Tube headers | 3.91's
Black '06 Cobalt LS Auto: Supercharged 265 bHP
| GMPP Exhaust | Smoked Taillights | 5% rear, 15% front | Black Projectors | 18x8 Black Kyowa rims | Nexen P3000 tires | Auto Transmission Mounts | Koni Front/Rear Struts | Sportlines | 10k low/6k high beams | ZZP Mid-Length Header/DP combo | AEM UEGO | Black/Red Insert SS Seats, Door Panels, and Trim Pieces | High Rise Spoiler | M62 Blower | ZZP Heat Exchanger | Option B | Red Mech. Boost Gauge | Dual Red Interceptors | TTR Rear Sway Bar |