Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

huffines dealer in plano, texas what a Joke, will never buy a car from them again

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huffines dealer in plano, texas what a Joke, will never buy a car from them again

So i just a 2007 cobalt lt january 1st and its been in the service department for the last 3 weeks for the same reason and i have been driving a rental. So the problem was scratches on my hood and a chip in the front bumper for when i bought the car. The stupid ass sales person sold me the car without fixing everything and i bought it at night time which was a very bad idea and i wont ever do that again. So i call him the next day and take my car and he says its not his problem and to see the service department. Right there i almost beat the hell out of him saying what the **** man you just sold me this car and its got all these problems. I even had a rear cigerate lighter out and twisted seat belts, scratch on the spoiler. So the first time i take it in and get it back from service, it still looks all scratched and i was like what the hell. He wrote me a slip for another rental which there paying for everytime. So i get it back the second time, same problem. Get it back third time this week and it was the same problem. So i went down there this morning and asked what the **** was all there problems and someone was going to help me or im leaving my payment with you guys and im getting a lawyer and i will see you stupid poeple in court. Alot of people heard me too complaining. My whole front bumper doesnt even match anymore becasue they tried to wetsand it and buff it to many times and it burnt the paint by now. I got overspray on my hood, overspray on my stock headlight. I just cant believe the service in texas. What a joke. Well i found out all along it was going to the real bodyshop and was going to a 3rd party one which is contract work and i was like what the hell. That really put me overboard then knowing that. So now i got it going to the real chevy bodyshop and he wrote me a rental for 5 days. I will be taking a visit to the body shop and make sure my car is there and there not giving me a runaround and if so i will be contacting my lawyer. Im not going to play there little game anymore. I got gms direct service number and im filing a claim with that dealer and leaving the service managers name. I have never got this bad of service ever in my life. Im paying $660 for 2 years for a scratched car which is brand new with only 400 miles. What a joke.

They pushed me to my limits and i was ready to beat someones ass when i went there today.

They dont fix this time i will just see that dealer in court.

Its in the body shop now supposely for repaint on hood, front bumper and new light.

I will keep you posted on what happens with this.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

$660 for 2 years?

Sad..Im paying $550 for 6 years.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Sad.. i am paying $301 for 6 years
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM

yeah i didnt get a ss so it was alot cheaper. I got projectors going on it that are sitting in my closet but i refuse to put them on til they fix everything or give me a new car. Im just waiting to see what happens.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't have left the dealer if my car was anything less than perfect...

Surprised they havent argued that it was your fault...
Old 01-27-2007, 09:30 PM

well when they call me next week to say its done, im looking at it under the lights in the body shop that are really bright and if i dont like it then im not even going to want the car back. Im calling gm service anyways on them and im going to see what they can do for me since i have had the car in service now for the last 3 weeks and its still not fixed. It really makes me wonder if they can even fix it or not. I mean its only repainting parts to oem standard which isnt too hard because i know how to paint cars but i just cant believe they cant do it. Color matching should be exact since the car is brand new. I mean its just removing the bumper, wetsanding it with 600 grit, 800 grit, respraying 2 coats of base and respraying the clear. Let that dry in there booth then wetsand with 1000 and 1500 grit and buff it out. I just cant understand why they cant do it because there considered a body shop.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:41 PM

well everyone car is still in the paint shop on day #15. Well i go there today and they tell me its done go there and see scratches all over the hood and bumper after supposly they just repainted them. That whole copmany is bullshit.

So i went and talked to the Manager of the whole dealership and explained my situation. I bought a car on january 1st and its still in service. I have already made a car payment and i have only drove the car for a week. I have had my car in service now for the 5th time for the same problem and still not fixed right, so you guys apparentlly cant fix it. S

So there just goign to give me another car with free upgrades now. I have to go there saturday and pick out another car.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offense, but I have a feeling that you are one of those people that stares too hard at your car for too long.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
No offense, but I have a feeling that you are one of those people that stares too hard at your car for too long.
no i have just painted cars before using dhl2000 which is base/clear which should give you the oem look. When i get the car back and you can 100% see faded marks and scratches then it sucks. Im barely looking at the spots and can see them right away and the manager and service coordinator both agree with me and can see them too so i dont know why they dont get on the body shop to fix it. Im just thinking they dont know how to paint black cars. There first excuse me today was the weather. So are you telling me that gm doesnt paint cars in the snow in body shops, thats bullshit. They just keep giving me the runaround each and everytime. Really i wouldnt be keep on complaining iwth them if it was just done right.

im sure you just another shitty painter in dallas. When a car is repainted it should not have scratches if your a good painter but then prolly someone like you would say its okay.

Last edited by CobaltCpe; 02-08-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CobaltCpe
no i have just painted cars before using dhl2000 which is base/clear which should give you the oem look. When i get the car back and you can 100% see faded marks and scratches then it sucks. Im barely looking at the spots and can see them right away and the manager and service coordinator both agree with me and can see them too so i dont know why they dont get on the body shop to fix it. Im just thinking they dont know how to paint black cars. There first excuse me today was the weather. So are you telling me that gm doesnt paint cars in the snow in body shops, thats bullshit. They just keep giving me the runaround each and everytime. Really i wouldnt be keep on complaining iwth them if it was just done right.

im sure you just another shitty painter in dallas. When a car is repainted it should not have scratches if your a good painter but then prolly someone like you would say its okay.

That is not true my friend. I manage a very reputable shop in Flower Mound. We do collision work as wells a complete restorations. We have had several cars entered at SEMA, some of the cars we did have sold for over $300,000 at the Barret-Jackson auction, and we have had several of our customer win awards at Autorama and the Goodguys car shows.

More importantly, I did not know that your car is black. I must have missed that somewhere in the thread. Black is one of the most difficult colors to paint because it requires perfection in the body work. The slightest flaw will show as it has in your case. So maybe you do have a point.

As far as the weather goes, that it a B.S. excuse. It does not matter if it is 5 degrees or 120 degrees. A paint booth (at least mine is) is almost always at about 80-100 degrees.

Good job on getting them to give you another car though. I bought my car from Huffines Chevy and have not had a single issue. 3 weeks to paint a hood and a bumper is obscene though. That is a 3 day job as a worst case scenerio.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM

That is not true my friend. I manage a very reputable shop in Flower Mound. We do collision work as wells a complete restorations. We have had several cars entered at SEMA, some of the cars we did have sold for over $300,000 at the Barret-Jackson auction, and we have had several of our customer win awards at Autorama and the Goodguys car shows.

More importantly, I did not know that your car is black. I must have missed that somewhere in the thread. Black is one of the most difficult colors to paint because it requires perfection in the body work. The slightest flaw will show as it has in your case. So maybe you do have a point.

As far as the weather goes, that it a B.S. excuse. It does not matter if it is 5 degrees or 120 degrees. A paint booth (at least mine is) is almost always at about 80-100 degrees.

Good job on getting them to give you another car though. I bought my car from Huffines Chevy and have not had a single issue. 3 weeks to paint a hood and a bumper is obscene though. That is a 3 day job as a worst case scenerio.
thanks man for getting back with me and saying that. I didnt mean to bash you or anything its just i know how to paint cars by using deltron 2000 which is a base/clear coat. I only painted my old sunfire corvette red and never had a problem doing it in my garage.

See by them telling me its too cold or its because of the rain is all bullshit. Im still driving the rental as of today but tommorow this is going to change.

They should have a heated booth being a dealership. I use to work at a body shop in michigan and when it was winter we still painted cars in the heated booth. Thats why i dont see why they cant do it right.

So i purchased the car on january 2nd, and its now febuary 9th and i have only drove it a week of that time.

They went overboard with me and i am not leaving the dealer on saturday til i get another car or my money back.

Its not that im picky, i just think a oem paint job shouldnt have scratches and it shouldnt take 3 weeks to do anyways. I really dont think they painted the hood and there just lying to me.

The bodyman told me that black is almost 100% not paintable to be perfect, well then he should look for a different occupation because its not impossible to paint black which they are telling me.