Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

I have the best luck - Rock thru windshield..

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I have the best luck - Rock thru windshield..

On my way to work about an hour ago I got a rock in my windshield.. Just hit 2k miles on it... There is a giant pit and a crack about 1 foot.. AHH!!! I swear.. I just got the a brow tinted too.. TWICE because the first one was crooked. Do they have any warranty for this? I don't remember all the protection plan crap they named off when I got it.. Will have to wait till tomorrow to call them.. Probably going to be a $500 deductible..

I hear that replacement windshields never fit quite as well.. Extra noise and leaking? Do I have anything to worry about?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I got 0 deductible for windshields for this specific reason. My past experience hasn't been the actual work or the windshield, it has been the damage to my car from the person working on it. Scratched up my fenders and all from belt buckle, something in pocket, etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 PM

I've been reading about deductibles.. Some states require insurance companies to have $0 deductiblesfor window replacement.. I don't think Missouri is one though. I honestly don't know what mine is for comprehensive.. I think $100..

I had a friend tell me about getting the city to pay for it.. He has heard of it working in some cases.. It did happen in a construction zone.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 PM

are u positive it will even cost 500 to replace it.?? if not dont bother getting insurance involved.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ssilver
On my way to work about an hour ago I got a rock in my windshield.. Just hit 2k miles on it... There is a giant pit and a crack about 1 foot.. AHH!!! I swear.. I just got the a brow tinted too.. TWICE because the first one was crooked. Do they have any warranty for this? I don't remember all the protection plan crap they named off when I got it.. Will have to wait till tomorrow to call them.. Probably going to be a $500 deductible..

I hear that replacement windshields never fit quite as well.. Extra noise and leaking? Do I have anything to worry about?
Warranty - no way. Insurance - depends on what coverage you have.

I don't bother with glass coverage myself, figure the extra premiums and deductable are enough to replace a windshield every 2 years out of my own pocket. New windshield around here is good for 6 months tops before it gets it's first chip so I'm not replacing until its affecting my sight lines. Damned Texas Pea Gravel they spread around here
Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by ssmitty85
are u positive it will even cost 500 to replace it.?? if not dont bother getting insurance involved.
I had to get my windshield replaced last summer due to a rock chip (granted, I drive a Sedan and they're a little bit bigger windshields) and they quoted it out as being about $475 for the replacement. I then called my insurance and found out that I had $0 deductible for windshields. Woot! I get a windshield replacement every 2 years and unlimited windshield chip repairs for free under my coverage and it's like $17/year per vehicle for the coverage... So if I replace a windshield on any vehicle once every 10 years, I come out ahead.

Just call your insurance company and see if you have the coverage or not. It takes like 2 minutes to talk with a claims rep and find out...
Old 09-28-2009, 08:09 PM

WOW! So I had this window replaced about 3 weeks ago for $200, they did a good job.. Today on my way to work I was passing a semi and it threw up a giant rock and cracked my window again!!! wtf I quit..

I have been driving for 8 years on these same roads and never had a problem.. Now I have had 2 broken windows on the TC in 1 month, and I've only had the TC for 2 months!