Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

NEW Clutch Sensor Switch installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW Clutch Sensor Switch installation

I need an instructional video or photograph, that will help me to access the Clutch switch; The one right above the steering column, without having to spend a lot of money in labor to get it done.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
That switch went out on my car too. I took one look at where it was located, and immediately made an appointment at the dealer. I could see no easy way to get to it. It looked to me like I would have to drop the steering column to get to it. When I got the bill, it had an hour or two of labor on it, but I didn't ask how they did it. Sorry, I'm not much help here.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: the p0833 codes that I was getting went away without replacing the Clutch position sensor. It seems it was the bad A/C compressor after all. When I stuck my hand way up there behind the control module I barely tapped the Switch, which could have done something too. I am relieved I didn't have to send it in to my mechanic to remove the steering column. If you have a bad A/C circuit, or the compressor is failing, it may cause p0833 to come up. Or just try putting your hand up there and adjusting the switch slightly, as it is a stagnant part, and once and a while it needs a tap or two.