Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Not starting P0122 p0223

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not starting P0122 p0223

Car stalled out of nowhere. Dealership said bad pcm. They replaced with one from zzp. But flashed zzp tune to factory. Car ran rich. I sent pcm back to zzp. Retuned, car would not start. It throws P0122 and P0223 instantally. I was going to send PCM back to zzp. Tried to start again, car started n ran and started the rest of the day. Next day it wouldn't start, same codes. I have switched the TPS under the hood, and when it started, it ran with both new and old.

Tried replacing tps on foot petal. It started, I put old back in and it ran fine for the day. This morning same codes. I can't get it to start. Any ideas? I'm about to go with another car here soon
Old 12-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
I had a similar problem, although my issues never got quite that bad.
Mine turned out to be a bad throttle body. I think I had a different code coming up though.

Mine was detecting an input that was different than what was expected, it started out the car would just die from time to time then fire back up after it sat for a few min. It was like that for about a year, then it got worse and the car would die every time I tried to use the cruise control. Swapped the throttle body and hasn't been a problem since.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SS_MuNky
I had a similar problem, although my issues never got quite that bad.
Mine turned out to be a bad throttle body. I think I had a different code coming up though.

Mine was detecting an input that was different than what was expected, it started out the car would just die from time to time then fire back up after it sat for a few min. It was like that for about a year, then it got worse and the car would die every time I tried to use the cruise control. Swapped the throttle body and hasn't been a problem since.

Ya iv had the running weird peoblem. I bought a new tb. Same problem