Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

P2261 on the way home from ZZP install

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P2261 on the way home from ZZP install

Hello,

Last Friday I made a 3.5 hour trip to ZZP to get the 3" stainless DP, stainless catback exhaust, 3 bar MAP sensors, and a dyno tune by Matt (awesome guy!). Everything went fine except for a rattle that was created, but they fixed that problem! However, on my home from ZZP, I had a check engine light come on about two hours into the drive home. It is a P2261 code... I did a bunch of research and apparently it is the turbocharger bypass valve stuck? If this actually is stuck, will my car not operate normally? I am definitely afraid to drive it or anything because I don't want to break it... I have got on it a little bit here and there just to check if everything seems to be working right.

The only thing that I have seen that was strange since I got it is that one time in 3rd gear when in boost, I saw it go up to 25 pounds of boost. Matt said it should be around 22-23 pounds of boost. Other than that the car seems to be operating completely normal! I called ZZP when it happened on my way home, but I got a voicemail and never received a return call...probably because it was around 7 pm EST when it happened driving home...

I did also want to confirm that this code is talking about a bypass valve for the turbocharger and that it isn't talking about the wastegate. I have a custom blowoff valve setup. Just wanted to make sure that it is talking about something thats for the turbocharger and that it isn't anything to do with the actual blowoff valve.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts
whats your blow off valve setup because the code is almost 100% related to a bov of some sort that isnt a. hooked up right, b. running the bpv when running a vta bov. c. not being hooked up right at all and so on and so forth.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:14 PM

Well the setup is kind of hard to explain because its custom and it was done before I obtained the car. Is it strange that my blowoff valve is working correctly with this code going off? I could take pictures of the setup but thats about it. I'm not really very automotive savvy.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:43 PM

Sure take pics
Old 03-30-2015, 12:36 AM

Yo Omiotek! Do you live in Carol Stream still? Hahaha I live in Algonquin. I could just bring it by and show it to you if you still live there haha. Anyways, I can take pics tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:53 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Wire it up like this, Will fix ANY problem you have and will save your stock upper ic pipe and intercooler from blowing up. But wire the Bypass valve vaccum line directly to your BOV.
Name:  oNDKYJz.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  587.3 KB
Old 03-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dubz
Yo Omiotek! Do you live in Carol Stream still? Hahaha I live in Algonquin. I could just bring it by and show it to you if you still live there haha. Anyways, I can take pics tomorrow.
I actually just recently moved to Oswego a couple weeks ago but I work at performance autowerks so your more then welcome to stop by the shop anytime

Btw I have never seen a bov/bpv routed how that guy has it not do I recommend it either. Ic pipes blow up from too much boost, thermal expansion and contraction and flex in the pipe not from how a solenoid is routed. I use to run 26psi through a stock intercooler and charge pipe before a 2x4 falling off a truck broke the ic. Never had an issue with it blowing but call me lucky I guess

Any vta bov should be routed right to a direct manifold source. if your running a bpv in conjunction with a vta bov it's wrong too.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Omiotek
I actually just recently moved to Oswego a couple weeks ago but I work at performance autowerks so your more then welcome to stop by the shop anytime

Btw I have never seen a bov/bpv routed how that guy has it not do I recommend it either. Ic pipes blow up from too much boost, thermal expansion and contraction and flex in the pipe not from how a solenoid is routed. I use to run 26psi through a stock intercooler and charge pipe before a 2x4 falling off a truck broke the ic. Never had an issue with it blowing but call me lucky I guess

Any vta bov should be routed right to a direct manifold source. if your running a bpv in conjunction with a vta bov it's wrong too.
Performance autowerks in plainfield? If so, I can probably drop by sometime. What hours are you there until? I probably wouldn't be able to make it there until 5:00 pm unless I left work early. I wish I could tell you how it works. Unfortunately, I am not very mechanically savvy. I'll pop the hood and take some pics in a little bit.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:21 PM

Take some pics I'll explain to the best of my knowledge. And yes I'm here till 6 Monday through friday
Old 06-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Hey Omiotek,

I called the shop today trying to get a hold of you, but I wasn't offered to talk to you. They tried to set up an appointment, but I guess I can't get there soon enough because I get off work at 3:30 and it takes 1 hour and 9 minutes for me to get to your shop from my work. The guy that answered the phone said he won't book me because I have to be able to be there at least an hour before shop close time. Is there anything we can do? I'm desperate to get this problem fixed, and so far you have offered the most help on the issue!

I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you yet! I am a full-time college student and I also have a full-time job. College semester ended recently and I now have much more free time on my hands. I am going to go out and take some pictures for you right now though.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Sent you a pm. You talked to the owner. I don't usually take calls during the day but if you asked for me the phone will get handed to me. Not sure if you did or not