Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Please Help With CEL Code P0011

Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help With CEL Code P0011

Hey guys,

been having code P0011 for awhile now. Taking a trip in a few weeks, so need to get it fixed. If it's a straight-forward fix, I'll do it myself.

At first, I thought it was caused by a bad coil-pack, but it no longer seems like mine's bad. Also by a bad BCM. But it was replaced. So the only other thing I was suggested to have replaced was the intake and/or exhaust solenoids (to the left of plug one). It sounds like you can get them through GM, and they're 100 bucks for both pieces. Pretty easy to install too supposedly.

Anyone else have this issue? Any known fixes? The car drives like **** since this popped on initially (even-though I clear it) because it's messing with the VVT)..

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know sorry. After work if I rememeber when I have more time I can try to look up Code P0011 and see what my service manual reccomends. What engine do you have?
Old 08-29-2010, 02:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your sig says you have the 2.4L Engine:
Here is what my manual says about it.

P0011: "Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) System Performance"

"The camshaft position (CMP) actuator is attached to each camshaft and is hydraulcally operated in order to change the angle of the camshaft relative to crankshaft position (CKP). The CMP actuator solenoid is controlled by the control module. The control module sends a pulse width modulated 12-volt signal to a CMP actuator solenoid. The solenoid controls the amount of engine oil flow to a CMP actuator. The CMP actuator can change the camshaft angle a maximum of 25 degrees. The control module increases the pulse width to accomplish the desired camshaft operation."

Conditions for setting the DTC:
P0011 and P0014:
The Control Module has enabled the CMP actuator.
The difference between the desired CMP actuator angle and the actual CMP actuator angle is more then 6 degrees.
The CMP actuator is steady for 3 seconds.
The Condition is present for 13.5 Seconds.

Action taken when the DTC Sets
The Control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the freeze frame and/or the failure records.
The control module commands the TAC system to operate in the reduced Engine Power Mode.
A Message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
Under certain conditions of control module commands the engine OFF."

If you know what your doing messing with those solonids go for it. But it's beyond me.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so you're saying that it is the solenoids? I was suggested to do that, but wasn't sure. I'll just have the dealer do it, although it's an easy fix. They have to order them in anyway.. The solenoids are just two things that go into the engine to the left of the first spark-plug.

Thanks!