Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Service tire monitor system

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service tire monitor system

This weekend i was taking a trip through the mountains and i heard the car beeping and it was telling me to service to tire monitor system. I scrolled through the DIC and RR tire pressure was not displaying. I got to my location and turned the car off. 5 minutes later i started the car and everything was back to normal. All tire pressures were displaying. i drove all weekend and then on my way back the same thing happened. This time however all the tire pressures were displaying. same thing again i turned the car off when i got back into town and when I started it everything again as back to normal. Since then i have not had any problems.

I am thinking that the RR sensor is at fault. Although i had that sensor replaced 2 months ago at the dealer cause it was defective. I was thinking maybe for a bit the ECM lost the sensors signal.

Any input?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 PM

i used to work at discount tire and if you can take it to a tire shop , they should be able to reset the computer with a tool . it will refind all of your sensors and display their pressures. if they can't do it then see if they can do whats called a Re-build kit. they put all new things onto the sensor and can check to see if anything is wrong ( broken , cracked , etc. )

unless you just want to take it to the dealer and let them deal with it , but i hate dealing with them and just find it easier to take care of things youself ya know??

so my advice:
take it to a tire place such as discount tire co. ( if you have one ) and let them reset them or have them check them out.

shouldn't cost you very much unless you rebuild them which might be 20 alltogether for all 4 sensors.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:56 PM

Like I said the problem is intermittent right now all the pressures are displayoing properly. Also i still have warranty as the car is under a year old. So i would not pay to have it fixed if at the dealer it is free
Old 03-24-2009, 06:58 AM

You were driving through the mountains eh. Higher elevations, changes in ambient air pressure, can be enough to set the tire pressure out of limits (most systems put the light on for 5-10%, so say 2-5 psi or so). Ive seen tire lights set by extremely cold weather, etc. I would wait to see if it happens again with normal driving around home before you take it in.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 PM

Like I mentioned the message on the DIC was not telling me that I had low pressure It was saying to service the system. It was unable to get a reading from one of the sensors.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by pare_john
Like I mentioned the message on the DIC was not telling me that I had low pressure It was saying to service the system. It was unable to get a reading from one of the sensors.
I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership damaged the new one putting it in. If it's broke and you're under warranty, don't even bother posting here, just get it fixed.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM

they put it in a couple months ago and I am only now having this issue. I will of course bring it to the dealer if it happens again
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM

rotate your tires from back to front and re-train the tire sensors to the new positions. If the problem follows up to the right front, then you most likely have a bad sensor. If its still the right rear, you might have a problem with the receiver/computer.