Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems...

okay so i have a few questions, i went to my local chevrolet for maintnance check before my warranty runs out and they looked over it and they said nothing was wrong with it, i told them that the air squeaks the headlights leak and then some other things but they didn't find anything wrong..

well now my car will take at least 10 times to start.. i took it somewhere to have it checked out and they said ithe battery is fine, but when you start it, it will run for a second and then it will shut off really hard it'll shake real bad and turn off and then it won't start until i keep trying over and over... and now my controls on the steering wheel are messing up i'm turning the channel or the volume up and it changes the channel/mutes... things like that..

also whenever i drive the wind is really loud on the drivers side..

just kinda need some help on what to do since they keep saying theres nothing wrong..

Last edited by bruiserinpink; 06-05-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

drop it off and say "when ur done fixing it ill pick it up"

You get a rental if they cant figure it out within 24 hours. Be a dick to em like they are to you.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM

ha ha. i tried and i've taken it in 2 times but they say nothing is wrong with it which makes me real mad, i think that they think they can screw me over because i'm a girl, but i'm not a ******* i know a lot about cars, let alone my own!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Give um hell.. do not be railroaded. You have problems stick to them. Can you reproduce them at the dealership? If so show them and be done with it.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM

do u have any mods? check ur ai filter...exhaust...sounds like a type of breathing problem if the car starts but is laggy
Old 06-03-2008, 05:24 PM

sounds electrical....take it to a more repitable dealer and have them looked at it...i had issues once with the electrical and it all came back to the radio
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 AM

definately electrical take it back and raise hell!!! haha GL
Old 06-05-2008, 12:21 AM

yeah i'm going to take it to another dealership and see how it goes there, i mean i have a whole list of things that's going wrong and i mean my dad went in the other day and he's over his warranty but his seatbelt is broke and they won't fix it, i mean that should be covered to matter what because if he gets in a wreck and gets hurt because of a failed seatbelt that's a big law suit and he told them that and they said well oh well there's nothing we can do!!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:49 AM

Yea... your dealer sucks. Here is what I would do. Look up the address for GM. Write a politely worded complaint letter to the CEO. (yea I know.) But here is the catch. Send it certified mail. That means someone has to show up and present ID and sign for it. (Probably an aid.) Let them know the problems you have been having and how this makes you feel. Also CC the owner of the dealership you are getting trashed at.

It is NOT the job of the consumer to take **** from the people they do business with. If a consumer does not stand up for themselves then they are screwed. I say this as a consumer. Laws are in place to protect you from questionable business practices. Don't just take it. Do something about it. Maybe if you know someone that is a lawyer or you have a friend that is a lawyer have them write the letter for you and sign it. CCing the CEO as well as the dealership. But really you don't need to go that far with it.

Your 07 should be in warranty for 100k miles btw. Not 36k. I think you have a bad dealership.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM

well i mean that's what i thought but he said it was only 36k miles and my dad has like 50k somethin miles on it also and that's when they told him they wouldn't fix the seatbelt because it's out of warranty.. I will most likely do that but what if by the time anything gets done about my car i'm out of the 36k warranty?

I also had a problem with my window.. one day i rolled it down to get all that dew off of it and i rolled it up left my driveway and literally 2 houses down my window just busted, if it wasn't for the tint it would have been everywhere.. i thought someone shot me. Well the guy came out to fix it and he said that there was a piece missing to hold the window or somethin like that and so the window was scratching up against the metal everytime it got rolled down and that's what made it shatter. we went to the dealership and they said there was absolutely nothing they could do...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Yea... your dealer sucks. Here is what I would do. Look up the address for GM. Write a politely worded complaint letter to the CEO. (yea I know.) But here is the catch. Send it certified mail. That means someone has to show up and present ID and sign for it. (Probably an aid.) Let them know the problems you have been having and how this makes you feel. Also CC the owner of the dealership you are getting trashed at.

It is NOT the job of the consumer to take **** from the people they do business with. If a consumer does not stand up for themselves then they are screwed. I say this as a consumer. Laws are in place to protect you from questionable business practices. Don't just take it. Do something about it. Maybe if you know someone that is a lawyer or you have a friend that is a lawyer have them write the letter for you and sign it. CCing the CEO as well as the dealership. But really you don't need to go that far with it.

Your 07 should be in warranty for 100k miles btw. Not 36k. I think you have a bad dealership.
Bumper to bumper 3yr/36k. Powertain is 5yr/100km.

Oh yeah your dealer sucks major ass.

Last edited by JohnnySasakiMGS; 06-05-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM

write or call your district GM rep but if you can't duplicate the problem at the dealership when your there then how are they sposed to?...not defending those numnuts jus making a point is all
Old 06-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Im so glad I have a good dealership....