Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

best product to clean recaro's

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
best product to clean recaro's

my recaro's are a little dirty. i was wondering what is a good product i can buy to clean them up without having to have to get an actual detail on the .

anyone who has some advice please let me know.
i saw this stuff when reading on a ion redline fourm but wasnt sure if anyone used it
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_SPI_993_16_Nonsense_p/spi_993_16.htm

let me know
The following users liked this post:
Zo6balt (03-08-2021)
Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steam vac works best
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 PM

There is a cleaner called Tuff Stuff. It's like $3 at Walmart, and is fantastic. Spray it on, let it sit for like a minute, and rub with a microfiber. It's amazing how clean they get. My seats looked clean, and it turned the microfiber blue with dye from my jeans that it cleaned off the seats.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Whitnith
There is a cleaner called Tuff Stuff. It's like $3 at Walmart, and is fantastic. Spray it on, let it sit for like a minute, and rub with a microfiber. It's amazing how clean they get. My seats looked clean, and it turned the microfiber blue with dye from my jeans that it cleaned off the seats.
thats crazy! yeah i have like the water ring marks
i saw that last night at walmart.
you have used it on ur recaro's correct?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Try Resolve from walmart. vacuum seats. then moisten a cloth, and spray resolve on the cloth, then wipe the fabric, turning the cloth and spraying more resolve on it as you do so. Then when you have seen the dirt you are collecting, take a soft brush and using smooth strokes brush, then repeat the cloth routine. Then take a fresh cloth( I use white towels) dampened with water, and repeat the strokes to clean once more. Then a dry towel to dry it off as best you can, then let stand over night with doors open in a warm garage....

The leather is only on the side bolsters , on the seat squab and seat back; the top where it says recaro and the backs, and sides are all vinyl.

Keeping them clean is a big pita no doubt, but great seats.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS
thats crazy! yeah i have like the water ring marks
i saw that last night at walmart.
you have used it on ur recaro's correct?
Yup!

Works awesome, gets out water spots for sure. I even used a little on a cloth(since I didn't want to spray the leather) on the white stitching where it says Recaro, and it worked great on there.

The mesh part of my seats look new; the leather, not so much. Which is the annoying part...
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitnith
Yup!

Works awesome, gets out water spots for sure. I even used a little on a cloth(since I didn't want to spray the leather) on the white stitching where it says Recaro, and it worked great on there.

The mesh part of my seats look new; the leather, not so much. Which is the annoying part...
that leather isnt black it is a blue black. the only way i can get leather to repair the bolsters, is to cut up some rear seats. I have an extra set of good rear recaro style seats...
Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

in. i use mothers leather cleaner on the leather part however im still in the same boat with the fabric.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM

ill have to try the tuff stuff saw it last night and see if it works. never really tried anything bc i didnt want to make
them worse
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Try this stuff. It ain't cheap like cleaners you buy off the big store shelf, but it's made in America, has a 110% satisfaction guarantee, and works better than anything I've ever tried.

And stop buying cheap stuff at Wal*mart people, if you want to have a job in 10 years. Paying a little more for US made products is what this country needs to keep from becoming a Chinese colony!

Last edited by colodude18; 03-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by colodude18
Try this stuff. It ain't cheap like cleaners you buy off the big store shelf, but it's made in America, has a 110% satisfaction guarantee, and works better than anything I've ever tried.

And stop buying cheap stuff at Wal*mart people, if you want to have a job in 10 years. Paying a little but more for US made products is what this country needs to keep from becoming a Chinese colony!
tommyp told me about this stuff

have you actually used this product on a pair of recaro's?
i just checked it out and it looks pretty good. i may place a order. I deff dont wanna go with something cheap I want a good quality product.

whats best to scrub the seat with? any of those brushes they sell on their website any good? or would they be too rough on the seat and be better for carpet? or should i just stick to a micro fiber?

Last edited by Cobalt08LS; 03-17-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:27 PM

Gotten mine steam vacuumed before and nothing beats that, but i recently tried an upholstery cleaner.. brand is blue coral and it works surprisingly good!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Ive steam cleaned and used tuff stuff to avail. Theres a goo gone househole type.l cleaner that took out some serious grease stains for me as well. And yes recaros

Dont touch the ss part tho... Really hard to keep it.clean but scrubbing it is a big nono.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM

my recaro's are outta an ion redline so they just say recaro.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

whatever, its the same thing just dont touch them or if you must be very very gentle, they are easy to damage.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 AM

tommyp told me about this stuff

have you actually used this product on a pair of recaro's?
i just checked it out and it looks pretty good. i may place a order. I deff dont wanna go with something cheap I want a good quality product.

whats best to scrub the seat with? any of those brushes they sell on their website any good? or would they be too rough on the seat and be better for carpet? or should i just stick to a micro fiber?
Yes I have used this, in fact I have pretty much their entire line of products - no lie.
I live down the street from their facility and they have free detail clinics every few weeks.

I use a microfiber or their leather and interior cleaning brush which is very soft and better at getting into the fabric. I don't have Recaros but I believe my seats (2010 SS/TC) are very similar in terms of upholstery. To give you an idea, I once dropped a piece of a Twix, didn't notice and sat on it for about an hour in summer. Needless to say it made a mess on my seat. Got it out completely with this product. The key is to do minimal rubbing as that will leave its mark on the fabric.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:01 PM

Yes I have used this, in fact I have pretty much their entire line of products - no lie.
I live down the street from their facility and they have free detail clinics every few weeks.

I use a microfiber or their leather and interior cleaning brush which is very soft and better at getting into the fabric. I don't have Recaros but I believe my seats (2010 SS/TC) are very similar in terms of upholstery. To give you an idea, I once dropped a piece of a Twix, didn't notice and sat on it for about an hour in summer. Needless to say it made a mess on my seat. Got it out completely with this product. The key is to do minimal rubbing as that will leave its mark on the fabric.
can you post the link to the brush that you used on the seat? i found one brush but that looks like its too rough as in their vid it was used on carpet

im really think im going to get this stuff. i have watched a few of their video's looks like a good product.
also on their site i was looking for a spray wax (something to spray the car with and wipe off with a micro fiber or soft terry towel RIGHT after i finish washing and drying the car.)

would that be this stuff? Best Detail Spray | Quick Detailer | Car Detailing Supply
Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM

this is what im dealing with. i havent even looked at the rest of the car tho
Name:  D824AD28-B9B4-49C6-89C3-4726E281AC3D-1803-0000009F644AEC86_zpsda780285.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  79.2 KB
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM

can you post the link to the brush that you used on the seat? i found one brush but that looks like its too rough as in their vid it was used on carpet

im really think im going to get this stuff. i have watched a few of their video's looks like a good product.
also on their site i was looking for a spray wax (something to spray the car with and wipe off with a micro fiber or soft terry towel RIGHT after i finish washing and drying the car.)

would that be this stuff? Best Detail Spray | Quick Detailer | Car Detailing Supply
Here's the brush: Clean Auto Interior and Leather Car Seats | Auto Detailing

As for a spray wax, they don't currently have one. The link you provided is for the detail spray, used to dry/wipe the car after a wash or as a lubricant when claying. This is NOT a wax.

They do have a spray-on sealant: Car Sealant | Paint Protection | Car Detailing Supplies You're supposed to use a sealant, then a wax for best results, but I use this product on my wheels since it's easier to get in all the nooks and crannies. You don't need to re-apply this after every wash. That's what the detail spray is for.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

^YES, people think detail sprays and 'spray waxes' actually protect your paint like they add a layer or something, when really they are for protecting your paint by being lubrication for clays and for drying the car.

when it comes to sealants and wax i'd say its not gonna do anything unless its one you apply with a buffer. and even then, these will NOT make your car SHINY. they simply protect the shine that the paint has or what you made it shine with polishing.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM

Here's the brush: Clean Auto Interior and Leather Car Seats | Auto Detailing

As for a spray wax, they don't currently have one. The link you provided is for the detail spray, used to dry/wipe the car after a wash or as a lubricant when claying. This is NOT a wax.

They do have a spray-on sealant: Car Sealant | Paint Protection | Car Detailing Supplies You're supposed to use a sealant, then a wax for best results, but I use this product on my wheels since it's easier to get in all the nooks and crannies. You don't need to re-apply this after every wash. That's what the detail spray is for.
yeah i was talking to tech support.
i think im going to get the brush and the stuff to clean my seats with to start
Old 09-23-2020, 05:02 PM

Recaro rear seats

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
that leather isnt black it is a blue black. the only way i can get leather to repair the bolsters, is to cut up some rear seats. I have an extra set of good rear recaro style seats...
☝☝Do you still have the extra rear Recaro seats☝☝
Old 09-24-2020, 09:52 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by Spidyymannn8
☝☝Do you still have the extra rear Recaro seats☝☝
Probably not, the thread is 7 years old...and I dont recall the last time I saw Powell active kn this site.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old thread,
how would one go about cleaning the seats in the 08-10 SS's?
that microsuede is stained and fabric has water lines, my water jug tipped and soaked my seat.
thanks guys
Old 03-09-2021, 11:55 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Try to extract as much water as you can pushing clean towels into the seat. If you have an actual extractor then use that to remove the water, you'll need to make sure you don't push down in one direction to much or scrub in circles. If you want to see some examples of how to clean it youtube how to clean alcantara (the trade name for the material in the inserts)
The following users liked this post:
Zo6balt (03-09-2021)

Quick Reply: best product to clean recaro's