Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

paint matching

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint matching

Whats up with my cobalt peeps !! Need advice i got a 2in. long scratch on my driverside door from my work at an autoparts store that has one of the worst parking lots i ever seen. and my front passengerside fender has a scratch also . looks to me that it got keyed on the right side . oh almost forgot they both went down to the bare metal. it tried the duplicolor touch up paint and the 11oz. can paint and it does not match at all , its too dark!!!
i went to napa and gave them the paint code which was 95u "ultra silver metallic" . the "paint speciasillist" said that there are 3 shades of my color, so the i ask him if he can go outside and take picture of the paint with that hand held paint camera they have . and still he said that it shows those 3 ??? wtf , then he told me if i knew where the car was produced. So told him it was produced in lordstown. OH. He was shocked that i knew that and guess what ..............??????? he said that it still shows three ??!!! WTF !!!!! my last resort is to go to the dealer . i should have done that in the begining. i called the dealer and asked if they have it in a 11.5 oz. can and the said yes but, its like in another city . i live phoenix and the dealer that has it is in superstition , AZ. sorry for the long thread guys but i needed to vent this anger and frustration , and i need some advice besides the dealer paint . maybe some other paint locations that i can go to that members that live in phoenix, AZ know of that i can go to . thanx guys . sorry again for the long thred.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 AM

vin number and probably a body shop to paint if its down to metal. got any pics ?
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Yeah I just recently did some body work on my car and bought the duplicor ultra silver met. and it is darker as well, gonna try and color sand and blend to get it as close as possible.