North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

GMA Harrisburg TUNERWAR meet Feb20-22

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GMA Harrisburg TUNERWAR meet Feb20-22

General info : http://www.motoramaevents.com/tunerwars/

We have been looking to have a large NORTHEAST MEET for awhile now and have come up with a good solution to meet people and still have everyone entertained and warm.
Hence we have worked with the show organizers for TUNERWAR to come up with our first meet/carshow. This is open to Any GM sport compact car stock to modified.
This show is a great show with alot of entertainment such as motorcross , gocarts , carshow , stunt show , r/c cars , midget cars , classics , parts vendors , food and umm GIRLS
We will have more exact info through out this week but this is what we have come up with so far.
Carshow is $55.00 for registration and a full access 1 day pass for car and driver to all activities. For a significant other we have obtained free Day passes as compared to $10.00extra they normally charge. Having a car inside the venue and the free day pass for another is cheaper than just showing up and not showing a car. Anyone who pre-registers will have access to discounted hotel rooms as well as extra freebies for the event. We will have hotel info and pricing posted later this week. Those also pre-registered will be entered into our parts raffle for free product from some different vendors and gift certificates. FOR REGISTRATION YOU MUST PUT GMADDICTION in the CLUB AFFILIATION box.

ALL CARS MUST BE INSIDE THE EVENT FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE 10pm and stay there till 10pm SAT night.

Friday Feb 20th -
3pm - 10pm - Initial meet and greet with vehicle roll-in , setup and cleaning.
(We will have our own GM Sport Compact Section)
10:15pm - BUS RIDE to Hooters Mechanicsburg - First round of drinks thanks to Tunerwar for those registered. Food , fun , wings and getting to know each other.
1am - Bus ride to HOTEL

Saturday Feb 21st-
7:30am - Breakfast at hotel
8:30 am - Bus ride to TUNERWAR
10am - 10 pm - Car show and Other events
10:30pm - Late night Dinner/Drinks - LEGENDS SPORTS BAR and GRILL (@hotel)

Sunday Feb 22nd -
8am - 9am - Breakfast
10am - Motorama Speed Day / Relax before drive home.

Here is the link for vehicle registration https://secure.webconnex.com/motorama_Tunerwar_2009

HOTEL INFO : HOLIDAY INN HARRISBURG WEST
Must state GMADDICTION GROUP for MOTOROMA EVENT (we have a block of rooms available)
$77.00 a night

Let me know who's in and Post when you have registered so i can check the status and make special plans for the number of people coming .

Last edited by Cobalt-Addiction; 02-05-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for the night crew
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM

man i would love to go but my girl has to work that weekend
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM

I will prob be there.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:38 PM

Car shows in the winter FTL...I would rather drive my car there than trailoring it..Its just to much of a hassle..Good luck
Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor

The great thing about this show is they have a wash area there . So you CAN drive your car and if the weather is bad or your car gets dirty you can wash it right at the event. Then those showing there vehicles we give them a ride to and from the hotel and show and dinner area. We are trying to cover alll the bases and make the show a great start for our larger east coast meets that we plan on throwing throughout the year.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Damn I would love to go but I have a lot of work to do to my car before then. Hopefully all goes well and I can get off work. Sounds like a lot of fun
Old 01-20-2009, 12:07 AM

damn this sounds really interesting. i have think about it and see more info. like hotels
Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt-Addiction
The great thing about this show is they have a wash area there . So you CAN drive your car and if the weather is bad or your car gets dirty you can wash it right at the event. Then those showing there vehicles we give them a ride to and from the hotel and show and dinner area. We are trying to cover alll the bases and make the show a great start for our larger east coast meets that we plan on throwing throughout the year.
I dont really want rock chips all over my car..I think you guys should have this in the summer..It would just be a better turnout in my opinion..Im not trying to bash this event and I think its cool your providing transportation
Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Former Vendor

You dont have to have a show car or have a bunch of mods . Yes it essentially part of a carshow but this will be for all of us as more of a meet and greet. All GM sport compacts are welcome so we can all share mods , experiences , ideas and what not. We most likely will be bringing one of our cars in primer with no interior most likely. We will have our own section in the show so we can all park together.
We are going to be looking for moderately priced hotels in the area.

We also will be having it in the summer , but this is the 2009 kickoff and is also a very large carshow with many other things to do ...all being speed and performance orientated. I would also say that your car would probably do very well in the tuner war car show (naturalnoobie)
PArt of this is to get the first one out of the way and get the word spread as to how much fun the event will be so that when the second one comes around the turnout is even better !!!!!!!

Also blue tape on the front end works wonders to protect from rock chips we have doen it many times on hundreds of mile trips (from NY to SC)

OH we also will have the TJIN edition COBALT on display as well !!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt-Addiction
You dont have to have a show car or have a bunch of mods . Yes it essentially part of a carshow but this will be for all of us as more of a meet and greet. All GM sport compacts are welcome so we can all share mods , experiences , ideas and what not. We most likely will be bringing one of our cars in primer with no interior most likely. We will have our own section in the show so we can all park together.
We are going to be looking for moderately priced hotels in the area.

We also will be having it in the summer , but this is the 2009 kickoff and is also a very large carshow with many other things to do ...all being speed and performance orientated. I would also say that your car would probably do very well in the tuner war car show (naturalnoobie)
PArt of this is to get the first one out of the way and get the word spread as to how much fun the event will be so that when the second one comes around the turnout is even better !!!!!!!

Also blue tape on the front end works wonders to protect from rock chips we have doen it many times on hundreds of mile trips (from NY to SC)

OH we also will have the TJIN edition COBALT on display as well !!!!!
Thank you. Ill see what I can do about coming.I just saw the TJIN Cobalt on Ebay?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by NaturalNoobie
Thank you. Ill see what I can do about coming.I just saw the TJIN Cobalt on Ebay?
we would def. love to see you there :-)
like kenny said, most car competitors that drive the car to and from shows use blue tape and it works wonders! my friend viet drives his XB to every show, from Boston to florida and as far west as michigan, he tapes his car and it saves your paint.

Neil Tjin's cobalt is on ebay. they have been trying to sell it but dont expect it to move till after this show. so he will be there and will be bringing it. The solstice is sold though.

my car will be there and our solstice also.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Crap! We'll be there...but the SS will be at home. The Z will be in the Exotic Customs booth. Stop by and say hi!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM

mid morning bumpage
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM

wow...i'm definitely coming to this..i'll tell my buddy since we usually go to shows together an maybe he will go to, but i'm definitely coming to this...i'll be pre-registering as soon as i get home
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 AM

bump! i'm going just not regis. the car in..

we might take the Z tho.. not sure yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by LamboW9
wow...i'm definitely coming to this..i'll tell my buddy since we usually go to shows together an maybe he will go to, but i'm definitely coming to this...i'll be pre-registering as soon as i get home

awesome awesome awesome...spread the word to as many people with GM Sport compacts that you know! there will be so much to do and this will be a great time for all.
ive also posted on JBO and Ecotec Forum. and the solstice board...if anyone can think of any more places to hit up let me know.

I will let you guys and gals know where i will be staying also and help with meeting places etc. for dinner and such.

Originally Posted by samijo0703
bump! i'm going just not regis. the car in..

we might take the Z tho.. not sure yet.
aww bring the balt... stock or modified, it doesnt matter. like kenny said, it will cost you more to just show up as a spectator then to register the car.

Last edited by badg1rl; 01-20-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 AM

hey donna do you have any information on what hotel we should be inquiring into to get a discounted rate?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by LamboW9
hey donna do you have any information on what hotel we should be inquiring into to get a discounted rate?
we should have all that information by end of the week. i am working on it now. i want to ensure we all get into the same hotel..... and that its the closest to the hooters as possible. LOL

there is a list online but dont make a reservation until i tell you which one to go with as we are coordinating pick up/drop off etc.

yay ...im getting excited for this!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:00 PM

Donna is there a way for us to still meet up with you guys and stuff? Like I said earlier we will be there, but just have sponsorship obligations with EC for the show so our balt will be at home. It would still be cool to hang out and get to know everyone though! I'm not sure where we are staying...I haven't thought that far ahead yet haha
Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 PM

sure you can still meet up.
when the event gets closer, we will probably have a more detailed itinerary so you can meet up with us throughout the show weekend.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
awesome awesome awesome...spread the word to as many people with GM Sport compacts that you know! there will be so much to do and this will be a great time for all.
ive also posted on JBO and Ecotec Forum. and the solstice board...if anyone can think of any more places to hit up let me know.

I will let you guys and gals know where i will be staying also and help with meeting places etc. for dinner and such.

aww bring the balt... stock or modified, it doesnt matter. like kenny said, it will cost you more to just show up as a spectator then to register the car.
looks stock.. only has the stage 2 and GMPP exhaust for power wise.. i mean the air horn will give it what 5hp.. jk.. the Z will bring more attention then my balt.. and thats really what he built it for. it all depends i dont get my work schedule till closer time.. i might def meet up with you guys if i do go tho.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by samijo0703
looks stock.. only has the stage 2 and GMPP exhaust for power wise.. i mean the air horn will give it what 5hp.. jk.. the Z will bring more attention then my balt.. and thats really what he built it for. it all depends i dont get my work schedule till closer time.. i might def meet up with you guys if i do go tho.
gotcha.

Tylar and Steph are you coming?
Cheryl i know you said you were too.

who else from the other car show post is coming.

Starting a list....add your name and if you are registered note it also:

1. Badg1rl- Donna - in Vendor booth
2. Lambo W9- Coming- not registered yet
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM

bump.......night crew
Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 AM

bump for day crew

Quick Reply: GMA Harrisburg TUNERWAR meet Feb20-22