Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

New amp and subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New amp and subs

I want to install an amp and subs. But to bypass the stoc amp seems like a pain in the butt. Could i just remove it and the new amp and sub will work just fine? I dont care about the amp and old sub
Old 01-20-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
are you running the stock head unit? if so all you need to do is unhook the stock sub and hook the wires into the amps high level inputs. if your amp doesnt have high level inputs get a line level converter.

if your using an aftermarket deck just use the sub outputs and run the rca cables to the amp like in any other car
Old 01-20-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkey
are you running the stock head unit? if so all you need to do is unhook the stock sub and hook the wires into the amps high level inputs. if your amp doesnt have high level inputs get a line level converter.

if your using an aftermarket deck just use the sub outputs and run the rca cables to the amp like in any other car
no i already put an aftermarket deck in. So should i leave the stock amp alone. Just unhook the stock sub wires and run everything like a reg hookup
Old 01-20-2017, 08:47 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
yea thats the best way to do it.